As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

19495969798100»

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh gosh he is a handsome guy. My brothers dog has the same fur coloring but its in this kinda stripey pattern.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh he is a handsome guy. My brothers dog has the same fur coloring but its in this kinda stripey pattern.

Oh yeah, Rex is actually very tiger stripey all over his body. His grey beard is becoming more prominent in his golden years, too.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So, you're sitting on the floor?

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Nicknames we already have for Bruce:

-The Brooster (sung to the tune of the Alice in Chains song)
    -Brooster Cogburn
    -Brusev
    -Bruceter's Millions
    -Singer/Songwriter Bruce Hornsby
    -Juicy Brucey
    -The Spruce Bruce

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I feel like a dog isn't truly part of your family until you have like 35 ridiculous nicknames for him or her.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My family is also the type of family that makes up nicknames and aliases for our animals.

And they often have their own theme songs.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

-Brooster Cogburn
    -Brusev
    -Bruceter's Millions
    -Juicy Brucey
    -The Spruce Bruce

Ok, the only approved nickname for a Bruce is The Boss, but I can let it side if you call him Bruuuuuuuce the first time you see him in a day

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So my wife wants to rehome Kona.

She's a big, messy, slob of a dog and I told my wife that before we got her but now she's so stressed about the constant mess that she's lost all patience with the dog and it is starting to lead to a, lot of stress in my house.

I'm going to be heartbroken if we do but... I don't see a solution that will work here otherwise

She's a big, messy, slob of a dog and I told my wife that before we got her but now she's so stressed about the constant mess that she's lost all patience with the dog and it is starting to lead to a, lot of stress in my house.

I'm going to be heartbroken if we do but... I don't see a solution that will work here otherwise

That does seem a bit extreme. Maybe try an obedience class?

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    So, you're sitting on the floor?

Have you seen the little plinth thing I made? I sit on that in front of the couch, so basically.. yes.

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    It has been raining since yesterday. Fun fact: when you have a very dark brown or black dog, it's very hard to tell that when they went outside to pee they actually decided to dig a hole and wallow like a pig until they brush against you and OH MY GOD WHY IS MY HAND AND ARM COVERED IN MUD NOW ACK STOP RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE LET ME GET A TOWEL DON'T YOU DARE JUMP ON THE BED AUGH

:bigfrown:

That was really more excitement than I was looking for this morning.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

:(

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Dogs are unfortunately a lot of work, I don't necessarily blame anyone for wanting out if they get over their head because then they just take it out on the dog.

Puppies do settle down so the wear and tear of puppy energy will go away... maybe not enough though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

-Brooster Cogburn
    -Brusev
    -Bruceter's Millions
    -Juicy Brucey
    -The Spruce Bruce

Guessing you're not history buffs if nobody suggested Robert?
    bowen wrote: »
    Dogs are unfortunately a lot of work, I don't necessarily blame anyone for wanting out if they get over their head because then they just take it out on the dog.

Puppies do settle down so the wear and tear of puppy energy will go away... maybe not enough though.

Newfies are pretty dang messy by virtue of being Newfies what with the shedding and slobber. Not a whole lot that can be done there.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    My family is also the type of family that makes up nicknames and aliases for our animals.

And they often have their own theme songs.

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT OUR DOGS' THEME SONGS

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2018
    shit didn't see the Kona thing
    poor giant puppy. If I can get my living situation settled down in the summer I'd happily take her. But ... honestly I do get that some people aren't down for dog mess but maybe you can just designate areas of the house that are no-go zones for pups?
    My sister has a wet room/laundry just inside the back door where giant Berner mud monsters can hang out until they're properly cleaned.

tynic on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Nancy had her quarterly haircut so now I can show you both of my dogs

cUtbII9.jpg

I hope you can work something out Raijin, Kona seems a lovely dog :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm trying. I don't want to give her up.

You know what? I was feeling down and defeated last night.

I'm NOT getting rid of Kona. She's my big furry daughter and I love her.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I mean Newfies are always gonna be messy but it might get a bit more manageable once she's done being a puppy!

<3 good luck, bruv!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    I'm trying. I don't want to give her up.

Honestly rehoming a dog should be an extreme last resort anyway. Its not fair to the animal.

This doesnt seem like an unsolvable problem. Maybe get a dog run and Kona just stays outside a little more often during the day.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Thiss my monsterw2m40fnkuf3f.jpg

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I have a lodger for a few days. Say goodbye to the thread, baby caique

ryj37izqwmic.jpg

This discussion has been closed.