As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @MrBlarney Please proceed with the invasion of Wellon. We'll land all infantry.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    No bombardment?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    No bombardment?

That would be part of the invasion, no?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I was just confused when you said land infantry. Bombardment technically come first (so in multi planet systems you can bombard and then adding troops). I just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten

Apologies. I was assuming MrBlarney would know bombardment was inherent, given that this is not a multi-planet system.

MrBlarney, fire everything! Eeeevvvveeerything! At every opportunity. Before landing all possible elite Letnev troops. For the children.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 3 - Invasion of Wellon

Pre-combat effects

Letnev has 2 Infantry.
    Naalu has 2 Infantry.

Letnev has 2 Dreadnoughts available for bombardment. +1 die roll from Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 3d10t5 for Letnev Bombardment

Letnev Bombardment:
    3d10t5 1 [3d10t5=2, 4, 5]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    One hit scored, 1 Naalu Infantry destroyed.

Combat rounds 1, 2

Letnev has 2 Infantry.
    Naalu has 1 Infantry.

For expediency, multiple combat rounds have been rolled. In case of casualties, rolls will be taken from left to right.

Geth roll 2#2d10t8 for Letnev
    Geth roll 2#1d10t8 for Naalu

Letnev:
    2#2d10t8 2 # 1 [2d10t8=3, 8] 1 [2d10t8=9, 3]
    Naalu:
    2#1d10t8 2 # 0 [1d10t8=7] 0 [1d10t8=2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Letnev scores 1 hit in the first round of combat, destroying 1 Naalu Infantry. Combat resolves in favor of Letnev.

Action is on @Mojo_Jojo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2018
    Those slimy Naalu died as true heroes we'll dedicate a reef to their memory. And then we will transplant that reef to Arc Prime, to be placed on the crater that will replace the Towers of Fascism there

In the meantime,
    Play warfare
    Remove token from Corneeq/Resculon

@ketar @mrbody @Hedgethorn @discrider @Preda
    For the secondary and also to let you know that anybody who destroys at least one Letnevian ship (not through defense) or takes one of their planets can have a free trade refresh next time I take trade
    For Preda and Discrider I'll alternatively waive the 1tg you owe
    It's a small bribe but we're not exactly flush right now

Mojo_Jojo on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Pass

edited May 2018
    Let's see. A free refresh - if Naalu ever selects trade again - has a value of 1 TG per traditional understandings. If anyone should attack us now, we will devote every last resource to the complete destruction of your race. We'd rather not - we love you all!! But maybe 1 TG is worth more than that to you?

Ketar on
    Less big empty threats, more responding to the secondary

Too drunk now. After sleep.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Pass on Warfare secondary.

@Mojo_Jojo: Reminder: the Warfare primary allows you to allocate the removed counter to one of your command counter areas.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    pass on all remaining secondaries this round, no more strategy counters

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo: Reminder: the Warfare primary allows you to allocate the removed counter to one of your command counter areas.

Yes, put it back in tactics

Play Warfare secondary. Exhaust Saudor and Tequ'ran for 4R. Spend 2 TG for a total of 6, plus 1 for Sarween Tools. Build 1 dreadnought and 2 cruisers.

2/2/1

@Preda for Warfare secondary.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No strategy counters... @MrBody next

@Ketar: 1 Dreadnought (4R) and 2 Cruisers (4R) costs 8 resources, and you've only spent 6 + 1 on the Warfare secondary. Please revise your orders.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Sorry. Make that a dreadnought, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters.

Activate home system. Exhaust all remaining planets. Build 2 dreads

T/F/S 1/4/0
    C/T/A 3/2/4

@preda

edited May 2018
    Round 3: Action Phase Update 2

The Barony of Letnev: Play the primary ability of the (7) Technology Strategy Card, exhausting Arc Prime (4R), Wren Terra (2R), and Gral for blue tech bonus to gain Fleet Logistics and Dreadnought II.
    Creuss plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting New Albion (1R) and Starpoint (3R) to gain Antimass Deflectors.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Lazar (1R), Sakulag (2R), and 1 Trade Good (TG 1 --> 0) to gain PDS II.
    N'orr plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting Abyz (3R) and 1 Trade Good (TG 2 --> 1) to gain Gravity Drive.
    Mentak plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting Lodor (3R) and Tar'mann (1R) to gain racial technology Salvage Operations.
    Naalu plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting Druaa (3R) and Coorneeq (1R) to gain Hyper Metabolism.
    The Barony of Letnev: Use Fleet Logistics to take a second action.
    Activate the Wellon system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Cruiser, and 2 Fighters from the Letnev Home System and 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from Centauri-Gral.
    Naalu plays Action Card "Skilled Retreat", activating empty system "Winnu Crossing" and moving in 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, and 2 Fighters from Wellon. (Naalu AC 5 --> 4)
    Bombardment destroys 1 Naalu Infantry on Wellon.
    Land 2 Infantry on Wellon.
    During invasion combat, Letnev suffers no losses, while Naalu loses 1 Infantry; combat resolves in favor of Letnev.
    Perform transaction, giving Creuss 2 Commodities in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Letnev C 2 --> 0, TG 1 --> 3; Creuss C 3 --> 1, TG 2 --> 4)
    The Naalu Collective: Play the primary ability of the (6) Warfare Strategy Card, removing the command counter from the Coorneeq-Resculon system and allocating it to Tactic Pool. (TP 2 --> 3)
    Letnev plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Saudor (2R), Tequ'ran (2R), and 2 Trade Goods (TG 3 --> 1), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 1 Cruiser (2R), and 2 Fighters (1R) at Arc Prime.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Creuss Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Exhaust Creuss (4R), Bereg (3R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 2 Dreadnoughts (8R) at Creuss.

Current Map: Round 3, Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition - 2 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 2 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 1 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP
    The Winnu - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Mentak's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 9
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Political Secret, Promise of Protection)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Salvage Operations, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 3

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    X - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    X - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 1 / 4
    Trade Goods: 4

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 1 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0

Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Mentak's Trade Agreement (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 2 / 3
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 7

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Warfare
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (3) Politics Current Player
    The Winnu (discrider): (4) Construction
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (5) Trade
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I also have a mutual 1 commodity exchange between Winnu (discrider) and N'orr (Preda) which will happen on Preda's upcoming action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney One of the cruisers in my home system in that map update should be in Wellon instead.

I was thinking Letnev was coming on a bit strong, but, yeah, Neuroglaive coming online next turn sheesh.

Ketar wrote: »
    MrBlarney: One of the cruisers in my home system in that map update should be in Wellon instead.
    Right, fixed.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    You forgot to enforce the rule that only me or Ketar could be speaker.

I mean, that is why I didn't bribe Preda after all.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Activate beta wormhole sector. Move in Dreadnought and Tren'Lak GF from HS. Preapproved trade 1:1 coomdity with Winnu.
    T/F/S 2/3/0
    C/T/A 1/2/7

Preda on
    Activate Thiban.
    Move in Carrier, both fighters and a ground force in from Winnu.
    Land ground force on Thiban.
    2/3/1 T/F/S
    @Hedgethorn

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Activate Arinam/Meer.
    Move Cruiser + GF from Lodor via the Alpha Wormhole.
    Move Cruiser + Fighter from the Alpha Wormhole.

2/3/0

@discrider gets three shots with his PDS, which I assume he'll want to take. I don't suppose telling you I just want Arinam for the remainder of the turn and then will gladly evacuate it will change your mind any.

edited May 2018
    That depends.
    A transport of say, 4 TG, might be enough to allay our concerns @Hedgethorn

discrider on
    @discrider How about 2 TG and my Racial Note?

@Hedgethorn
    We believe we can make that work.
    2 TG and your racial for calling off the cannons then.

Please pillage that straight back for ultimate hilarity

Give 2 TG plus racial note to Winnu, land GF on Arinam.

@Ketar up next.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Please pillage that straight back for ultimate hilarity

If he had demanded 4, I probably would have stolen one back. :biggrin:

Well then.
    We'll just have to include the Mentak not pillaging their own transactions in all future transactions to make it binding.
    Not that that works but I find it difficult to explain how an entire phase of combat might be binding but a 'after a transaction resolves' trigger would not.