As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: Legion] Begun the Clone Wars have.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Going to share this link to the FFG forum where people are posting email responses from the Devs about rule questions. They are very open about things they are going to fix or clarify.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/273458-answered-questions-email-compilation/

Big ones being melee does not give suppression and determining cover will have an added step to see if any part of a model is obscured first via los, which deals with AT-STs/Airspeeders having a realistic height advantage.

Also cumbersome weapons can be used during suppression attacks even if they movie during their activation.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Today it is very cold and snowy so no priming anything to paint.

I did find an old GW plastic forest. The one with the molded base and the three plastic trees you assemble and can be removed for movement. One of these,

99129999002_CitadelWoodNEW01.jpg

Never finished it. I'd put static grass on half the base. The same static grass I put on my Legion minis.

Going to finish up the forest and use it. My two painted speeder bikes looked pretty good zooming through.

*edit* Jesus fuck those things are $54 now?!?!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you a little story of a CEO named Tom Kirby and his golden parachute.

May he burn in hell (when he undoubtedly gets there).

The new guy's awesome though. He's why GW is having a huge resurgence.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    On Saturday my FLGS had an Intro to Legion day and I helped out running demos with my minis so they weren't stuck trying to accommodate like 40 people with one core set.

Lots of people played, in a lot of cases non-wargamers. One of the demos I ran was for a mother-daughter duo who ended up buying a core set (the store also had a 10% discount on all Legion stuff that day). Also a number of the folks who were there to play 40k and Infinity (there was an ITS tournament that day) picked up core sets as well. By the end of the day I went to buy an airspeeder and it only 2 were left! I also heard some of the staff commenting that they were in danger of running out of core sets.

It was a pretty good day. Everyone who played really loved it, regardless of their background.

Then that night I got food poisoning that I just now got over which I why I am only posting now.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    So, am I missing it, or have they still really not stated anywhere how many points a standard tournament will be?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    Update.

Almost finished the rebels from Core Set 2. The Imps are dragging due to painting all that white. Also I have an Airspeeder and AT-ST now.

Airspeeder done as well as AT-ST. Turns out AT-STs are very easy to paint when they are just shaded grey.

Just have one more squad of Stormtroopers to finishes then static grass on everything and I'll be done for now. I'll pick up a Veers when he comes out and maybe one squad of Snowtroopers for variation.

Snowtroopers are going to be very strong with their move + free attack rule. Perfect troops to march Vader across the board with. Can't wait to pick some up

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    Airspeeder done as well as AT-ST. Turns out AT-STs are very easy to paint when they are just shaded grey.

Just have one more squad of Stormtroopers to finishes then static grass on everything and I'll be done for now. I'll pick up a Veers when he comes out and maybe one squad of Snowtroopers for variation.

Veers has been out since last Wednesday. He paints up super quick. Snowtroopers are this Wednesday in the US, they're already out in Europe.
    Nax wrote: »
    Snowtroopers are going to be very strong with their move + free attack rule. Perfect troops to march Vader across the board with. Can't wait to pick some up

Not many people seem to realize that 2 1 speed movements = 1 3 speed movement. So yeah, Vader and snowtroopers can get downright scary with their free attack. Personally though I want to run 2 squads of snowtroopers with Veers as he can give them a free aim and with a flametrooper, they don't really lose much combat effectiveness by losing men like stormtroopers do.

edited May 2018
    So excited for flame troopers. I took a screenshot of the flamethrower example in the FFG preview article and posted it to chats with my friends for two days straight.

I actually stopped and measured Darth's two one speeds last time we played. Just gotta pick your target early on and keep on marching. He'll do some damage, even if only psychologically

Nax on
    My only issue with the snowtroopers is that they will look silly on the brown and green grassy bases the rest of the imperial are on, and they would look silly on snow bases when everyone else is on grass.

And this is the real reason I never paint my armies

(Not really... Though, I do plan on neutral grey rubble bases)

My only issue with the snowtroopers is that they will look silly on the brown and green grassy bases the rest of the imperial are on, and they would look silly on snow bases when everyone else is on grass.

It was dumb of them to call them snowtroopers.

They're hazardous environment troopers. Hazardous environments can be any color!

Boy. I was definitely just done painting regular stormtroopers by the end there. Cut some corners on that last squad but they still look okay. Just gotta wait for the weird basing paint to dry on them, then tomorrow I start the static grass stage on everyone.

Current Status

Caution, largish pictures.
    qudrcsc2z45z.jpg
    ccr198x1zrc4.jpg

Got that one last squad to add grass, then to paint the base rims black and I'm done with current stuff. Pretty happy with that Snowspeeder.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Part of me wants to try this but it was the lack of missions and stuff for X wing and finding out 2 people are all FFG commits to X wing soured it for me and the people I played

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

They're hazardous environment troopers. Hazardous environments can be any color!

But then you don't get specialized troops for each environment, like Sand Troopers, Shore Troopers, Lava Troopers, Shadow Troopers, and Deathtroopers!*

* one of those is not real at this time.

Tomanta wrote: »

But then you don't get specialized troops for each environment, like Sand Troopers, Shore Troopers, Lava Troopers, Shadow Troopers, and Deathtroopers!*

I'm pretty sure they are all real (though not necessarily canon). It fits nicely with Star Wars' whole 'every planet only has a single biome' thing.

@timspork's ghost That looks great. I'm about on pace with you with Imperials as I have discovered a way to paint the white armor that is crazy easy & fast but rebel troopers are slow going for me. I can power through the rebel vehicles in a few hours.

I think this is the first mini game (pre-painted notwithstanding) where I have actually spent more time playing than I have spent preparing to play. Stuff's just so easy to build and paints up quickly.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure they are all real (though not necessarily canon). It fits nicely with Star Wars' whole 'every planet only has a single biome' thing.

I checked the wiki for Lava trooper and didn't get a hit. They could have a different name, though.

• FryFry Registered User regular

I checked the wiki for Lava trooper and didn't get a hit. They could have a different name, though.

I think technically they might be Magma Troopers, not Lava Troopers. :P

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    @timspork's ghost
    Those pics alone make me want to play this game. They look so good all finished up.

Judging by other FF games, what are the chances of them adding in all sorts of extra races/factions?
    If they released ewoks my wife would definitely want to play

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited May 2018
    Scout Trooper Squad and Boba Fett Announced for Imperials!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/3017/8/25/advanced-recon/
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/11/rogue-operative/

swl19_a1_photo3.jpg

Boba is also a new type a unit, an operative, who has command cards, but they only benefit him.

Scouts are all scouty and can have just a two person sniper team kinda like the Rebel Commandos.

Librarian's ghost on

Something's happening in my pants.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Something looks a little off about that pose (maybe the way the legs are trailing, suggesting he's just pushed off the ground, but he's still got the gun arm out like he's mid-shot?), but I can forgive it for having a jetpack in action.

I still hold out hope for a Scum type faction, but damn it I will ABSOLUTELY take Boba Fett now

The problem with scum is that I don’t see them fielding full military formations of infantry and support units.

Come on, Tim, you more than anyone else knows that scrappy groups of freedom fighters take down full military formations ALL THE TIME!

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    The problem with scum is that I don’t see them fielding full military formations of infantry and support units.

How many points is a Sarlacc?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    wait so how is playing this game? fun?

camo_sig2.png
    It is incredible

Come on, Tim, you more than anyone else knows that scrappy groups of freedom fighters take down full military formations ALL THE TIME!

An army of just a bunch of single model or small squads would be neat. Just all the bounty hunters and like, Jabba's thugs on desert skiffs.

wait so how is playing this game? fun?

Super fun and easy and fun to paint and surprisingly deep and affordable and ...

An army of just a bunch of single model or small squads would be neat. Just all the bounty hunters and like, Jabba's thugs on desert skiffs.

Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Black Sun Troops, Scum Han Solo, Lando

Could be so good!

I've been trying to buy all my Legion stuff from my LGS. They were out of Snowtroopers but I got a Veers. I'll have to hit the other store near my work sometime since they have some.

I just picked up Veers and Snowtroopers myself!

Veers was fun to paint. It would be neat if they made a generic Imp officer box with like five in different poses then you can attach them individually to trooper squads for bonuses. Like IG commissars.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Veers was fun to paint. It would be neat if they made a generic Imp officer box with like five in different poses then you can attach them individually to trooper squads for bonuses. Like IG commissars.

There needs to be a special rule that if the controlling player says "You rebel scum" in that cheesy voice at any point during the game, the rebel player gets an immediate bonus to their next offensive action against a unit with an officer attached.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Are Leia and the Fleet Troopers this week or next?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    @timspork's ghost
    Those pics alone make me want to play this game. They look so good all finished up.

Judging by other FF games, what are the chances of them adding in all sorts of extra races/factions?
    If they released ewoks my wife would definitely want to play

I don't see how they could put Ewoks in without ruining the balance. They dodge all ranged attacks 100% of the time, and they one shot any character or even vehicle.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Not 100%

Ewoks%2006.gif