As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax 2018 Hype

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Yeah the pricing is interesting. I guess it is 55 for Fri/Sat/Sun and 45 for Monday?

[Edit: Oh weird, I'd been clicking on "Soon" which is where the registration link would normally be and it did nothing, so I figure the pricing was going to be changed. But then I clicked on "Registration" and then the apparently official reg. page actually showed up, but it's a weird price of $50.75 per day? How did they come up with that anyway? And how does that add up to $210?]

every day's great on
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah the pricing is interesting. I guess it is 55 for Fri/Sat/Sun and 45 for Monday?

It's $50.75 each day.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Marino wrote: »

It's $50.75 each day.
    50.75 is what is listed on the registration page at the moment, but that doesn't equate to $210 though, that would be $203. Maybe there's another fee within that makes it round out to $210.

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    My friend asked for a test notification from PAX_badges on Twitter and somehow I got notified of the test and got a heart attack.

Best way to start a Saturday.

• Options
    ZoidynZoidyn Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the signature generator site down?

I currently can't connect to the signature generator.

The signature generator is back up now! http://www.paxsignaturegenerator.com/

23F5Egc.png
  • Options
    hackinyetihackinyeti Registered User new member
    This'll be the year I return to West! I'd love to cosplay again but carrying all that gear through the airport is a hassle....

in12ydywutnl.png
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Looks like a somewhat similar timeline from last year as far as badges going on sale.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I feel like I should be in full on panic mode seeing as how we're already in May, but I'm oddly calm.

And that's why I'm starting to panic.

• Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    I feel like I should be in full on panic mode seeing as how we're already in May, but I'm oddly calm.

And that's why I'm starting to panic.

Same here. I feel more off-guard than previous years. Probably because the day of badge sales is becoming more and more predictable.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    I also feel the same way. My co-workers think I'm really crazy because I don't shut up about the impending SOON!

• Options
    captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hello everyone! How is everyone doing?

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • Options
    Suspending “soon”- ing for today. BlizzCon tickets go on sale tonight.

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    Same here. I feel more off-guard than previous years. Probably because the day of badge sales is becoming more and more predictable.

Glad it's not just me; on May 1st I was like "well...better start setting up for PAX..." then 4 days later all I'd managed to do was log in and like a picture of a cat

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    TIL, it appears Blizzcon tickets go faster than PAX badges. I wonder if that's due to pre-announcing the times... I am very glad PAX does not pre-announce.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    TIL, it appears Blizzcon tickets go faster than PAX badges. I wonder if that's due to pre-announcing the times... I am very glad PAX does not pre-announce.

There are a few things that I assume contribute to this.

1. Pre-announcement certainly makes them sell fast.
    2. Blizzcon has less tickets available as it is only two days instead of the four that West does.
    3. Blizzcon splits up the purchases into multiple batches. So only half the tickets were available yesterday (or how ever many they allotted).
    4. Pax is multiple shows now which helps alivate some of the demand.

I am also very glad PAX does not pre-announce.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »
    Suspending “soon”- ing for today. BlizzCon tickets go on sale tonight.

I tried to get those as well! I take back every complaint I've had about the Pax badge buying process, that Blizzcon ticket system is brutal.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

2. Blizzcon has less tickets available as it is only two days instead of the four that West does.
    3. Blizzcon splits up the purchases into multiple batches. So only half the tickets were available yesterday (or how ever many they allotted).

Also, your badges aren't reserved during your purchase process like pax or sdcc, so it's more akin to Pax hotel purchase. If your not Quick Draw Mcgraw with your info your out of luck.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

And the PAX sell-out times are a little over stated these days. It might take 45 minutes to sell all the PAX West Saturday badges, but you sure couldn't join the queue 40 minutes after the sale started and expect to get any. So I think they are a good bit closer than they seem at first.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Well, my heart stopped. But now we know to not expect badges until after the 17th.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    “DO NOT HAVE A HEART ATTACK! I MEAN IT!” was a nice touch :P

sedirox on
  • Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Well, I can relax for a little bit. Certainly looking like tickets will be in June again.

• Options
    TydaspyTydaspy Registered User new member
    edited May 2018
    So I’ve been watching this forum for years but never signed up to comment. I’m the regular you never knew existed. Why I’ve chosen this moment to reveal myself to you remains a mystery even to me, but I believe it’s a sign of our impending nearness... Heed my call, Pax is not for the uncommitted in spirit or in heart.

Tydaspy on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    CKing wrote: »
    Well, my heart stopped. But now we know to not expect badges until after the 17th.

How do we know this?

• Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular

How do we know this?

• Options

How do we know this?

Pax announced that badges for Unplugged are going on sale on the 17th, with a friendly warning to West folks that it would be a good time to test ticket notifications.

• Options
    plktsplkts Mr. Vancouver Registered User regular
    Tydaspy wrote: »
    So I’ve been watching this forum for years but never signed up to comment. I’m the regular you never knew existed. Why I’ve chosen this moment to reveal myself to you remains a mystery even to me, but I believe it’s a sign of our impending nearness... Heed my call, Pax is not for the uncommitted in spirit or in heart.

We don't go to PAX to celebrate video games. We go to PAX to celebrate getting tickets.

• Options
    FYI fellow flying PAXers, Alaska Airlines is running a flash sale today until midnight and looks to be some actually decent discounts.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    FYI fellow flying PAXers, Alaska Airlines is running a flash sale today until midnight and looks to be some actually decent discounts.

Not for my flights though :(. I'm starting to think they'll never drop.

• Options
    BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular

How do we know this?

Pax announced that badges for Unplugged are going on sale on the 17th, with a friendly warning to West folks that it would be a good time to test ticket notifications.

Yeah, count me among those, since I didn't see these notifications. :/ I used to get them, when it was @Official_PAX, but since the changeover I'm not receiving any notifications.

Is there a primer?

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    PAX Unplugged showclix page is up three hours before badges officially go on sale.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    PAX Unplugged showclix page is up three hours before badges officially go on sale.

Is that just the pre-sale page, or is the actual public page up?

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options

Is that just the pre-sale page, or is the actual public page up?

Pre-sale

tw787Xr.png

• Options

Not for my flights though :(. I'm starting to think they'll never drop.
    Bummer! I was hoping they dropped for you. :(
    Birrhan wrote: »

Yeah, count me among those, since I didn't see these notifications. :/ I used to get them, when it was @Official_PAX, but since the changeover I'm not receiving any notifications.

Is there a primer?

Today is definitely a good day to test. I usually just manually turn on notifications via SMS (texting 40404 with ON @Pax_badges) because sometimes the switch on the site doesn't work.

• Options
    Twitter test successful.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    Time to start SOONing again!

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    Twitter test successful.

And even though they warned people not to freak out, many did.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Time to start SOONing again!

Hopefully badges go on sale on a Tuesday or Wednesday, or if Thursday, I can get VTO on the day they do go on sale.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    kcrobinsonkcrobinson Registered User regular
    Twitter notification test reminded me that I had turned off notification sounds for Twitter on my phone. Without the test, that could have been a disaster for me.

• Options
    I got the notification but was so busy all day I didn't notice.

This discussion has been closed.