As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    September at the latest

You are way to optimistic :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    September at the latest

Well if they're going to release at GenCon and all point and upgrades are app/online only, they are going to need it available, aren't they?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    App will only be used for "point value" competitive games. Power levels and suggested builds will be on the cards

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    September at the latest

Well if they're going to release at GenCon and all point and upgrades are app/online only, they are going to need it available, aren't they?

Twilight Imperium 4 released at GenCon last year and lots of people were able to buy it there. It wasn't available at retail until mid-November though.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    September at the latest

Twilight Imperium 4 released at GenCon last year and lots of people were able to buy it there. It wasn't available at retail until mid-November though.

By 'lots of people' it was 'those who literally ran to the FFG line as soon as the doors were open.' I use literally in its proper definition here.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    September at the latest

They said it would be available for release day, possibly before.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    September at the latest

By 'lots of people' it was 'those who literally ran to the FFG line as soon as the doors were open.' I use literally in its proper definition here.

It was available to buy every day, from what I recall.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    App will only be used for "point value" competitive games. Power levels and suggested builds will be on the cards

There seems to be separate cards in each expansion with suggested builds on them for people who just want to play and don't want to mess with the actual points on the app. You just add up the "threat level" on whichever ships you pick to get your kind of balanced list.

So you say you guys are playing a threat level 10 game. One guy could have a list with a threat 5, a 3, and a 2, the other could be using two 2s and two 3s. Then you just pull those upgrade cards and go.

Personally I like it. I'll probably use it when playing with my dad since he doesn't care at all for the list building.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    September at the latest

As someone who didn't go to the line until well after 1PM so I could try to get into the L5R event, and still managed to get a copy... This is a bit uncharitable?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not even sure why we're talking about GenCon releases given that the discussion was around whether the app would be released on time.

I'm never surprised when software slips but I'm hoping they already have the app 95% finished and usable because tying the full functionality of the new edition to the app means you can't fuck that up.

Athenor wrote: »
    September at the latest

As someone who didn't go to the line until well after 1PM so I could try to get into the L5R event, and still managed to get a copy... This is a bit uncharitable?

I misremembered. I wasn’t interested in it personally, but missed out on L5R which did sell out immediately, so I conflated the two. It’s only valid to the conversation in saying that if you’re planning on trying to pick up the new Core 2.0 X-Wing this year at Gencon, get there early.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    On a side note, I do like they're doing the GenCon In-Flight on Wednesday, so you could actually go to it and not miss out on your normal events that you're playing in.

Probably why it sold out already, with 500 tickets available?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Actually, they need to have the app mostly ready by Gen Con if they're doing initial release there don't they?

I guess they could have points pdfs or something but.m.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Anyone going to gencon willing to try and buy me a core set if I pay them for it an shipping?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Holy shit the North American prizes are nice looking.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/7/be-the-spark/

op18xu_layout.png

And the way they are handling 2.0 Alt arts is AMAZING.

op18xu_card_altart.pngop18xu_card_altart2.png

op18xu_card_plastic.pngop18xu_card_plastic2.png

the templates are double-sided too, 1.0 and 2.0.

op18xu_movtemplates2.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Those templateeeeessss

Those templateeeeessss

Top 8, sadly.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    That 1 template with the cross line mark on it...

oh h*ck
    Turkson wrote: »
    That 1 template with the cross line mark on it...

That's the standard 2.0 template for straight 1 going forward.

The cross line mark is used for medium/large ship barrel rolls.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it took me a moment to understand it

oh h*ck

It's interesting that the arc dodging of barrel rolls needed to be reigned in like that - having to line up on the hash marks on the new base, or the front edge / back edge. That, combined with losing your action if you can't actually pulling it off...

I think it was the interview Team Covenant did with all 3 lead designers that made me realize where they were coming from with that last rule.

It's interesting that the arc dodging of barrel rolls needed to be reigned in like that - having to line up on the hash marks on the new base, or the front edge / back edge. That, combined with losing your action if you can't actually pulling it off...

I think it was the interview Team Covenant did with all 3 lead designers that made me realize where they were coming from with that last rule.

Yeah. restricting it to just three locations makes arc dodging require more skill and not just disco slide around on the template until you don't collide.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Actually, they need to have the app mostly ready by Gen Con if they're doing initial release there don't they?

I guess they could have points pdfs or something but.m.

The threat level system means they could argue that it's a playable game with just the cards.

I'm not sure they would do that, but who knows.

If they piss off vets, they are going to have a hard time moving copies of 2.0 I think

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Yeah, the buyers at GenCon are likely tournament and heavy detail list makers I would imagine.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    And the split engine design on the T-70 really bothers me for some reason. Probably just me though.

If you weren't aware, the split engine design was drawn from the Ralph McQuarrie concept art for the original film:
    j85uxDD.jpg?1

other examples

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That's cool. It probably only bothers me because the 4 full-circular engine T-65 design is ingrained in my brain. The single engine look makes me think of Z-95s, which always felt like "uncool, tag-along friend" ship compared to the evolved version of it in the T-65.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    That's cool. It probably only bothers me because the 4 full-circular engine T-65 design is ingrained in my brain. The single engine look makes me think of Z-95s, which always felt like "uncool, tag-along friend" ship compared to the evolved version of it in the T-65.

Z-95's are for scrubs!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    na8kg04dkzga.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    His nose is a dick.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    His nose is a dick.

The true secret to happiness.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular

Just to really break your mind, in the X-wing Miniatures game they gave the Z-95s quad engines.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Going to the game store to try and snag a pre order. I want that sweet custom damage deck.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited May 2018
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/9/a-few-maneuvers/

Dial updates!
    1t60w431ba61.png

7l1b67y5cr57.png

Barrel rolls!
    vcnmwn11qm0i.png

It also details the Bullseye arc a bit. It doesn't do anything inherently, but cards such as Predator (reroll 1 die if in Bullseye arc), Marksmanship (hit->crit), and Crack Shot (1 charge; spend a charge to cancel an evade result) require it.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited May 2018
    Marksmanship may be useful now since it doesn't eat an action.

Can I please put it on Wampa?

Significantly better dials for both the ships shown as well.

Polaritie on
    I feel like Marksmanship may also be (relatively) cheaper?
    Changing a single hit to a crit isn't that great. Really glad it doesn't eat an action any more though.

Also, what ship is depicted on Marksmanship? Is that a Star Viper?

Did the Tallon Roll let you float your base a little bit like the Barrel Roll did? If so, are they reigning that in as well?

Did the Tallon Roll let you float your base a little bit like the Barrel Roll did? If so, are they reigning that in as well?

Yes, probably.

edited May 2018

Yes.
    I imagine it will be like barrel roll where you can choose "centered", "forward", or "backward".

Edit: did it come up at all in one of the demo games? (I need to watch em still)

crimsoncoyote on
    What makes all the difference to me is that McQuarrie designs have square intakes that could lead to anything, even an impulse engine, while the actual movie designs lead to half of a turbine. Half of a turbine doesn’t work.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。