As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bid for Good: 2 full sets of PAX West tickets.

VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
I received permission from Tube for this post. -- Just so you know it's legit.

I've been heavily invested in PAX and the PA community since my first PAX East in 2011. I've gone from attendee to Pranker to Cookie Brigadier to Enforcer--and sometimes all at once. After years of attending the show, I've watched it grow and, in turn, I've found what I've appreciated about PAX has changed over time. From being young and enamored with the show floor to learning to love the panels, then spending entire days at PAX just working with the community--what PAX has been for me has really changed. Bringing new people to PAX and helping to create their experiences at PAX last year really reinforced my love of what the show can be and sparked a drive to want to make it a great experience for everyone.

I work at a non-profit in the Boston area called Partners for Youth with Disabilities. We work with youth with disabilities aged 6 - 24 and serve youth who identify as having any disability, mental, developmental, physical, emotional, or otherwise. PYD offers programs, services, and supports to empower youth with disabilities to reach their full potential by providing transformative mentoring programs, youth development opportunities, and inclusion expertise. We motivate youth to reach their personal, educational, and career goals, and guide organizations in becoming more inclusive.

Every year, my organization holds a gala-style event, called Party for PYD . It is our centerpiece event dedicated to raising program funds and awareness of mentoring, and celebrating our successes with the youth we serve and the corporate partnerships and sponsorship we've forged through our work. The event includes live and silent auctions, hors d'oeuvres, refreshments, and entertainment. We also have auctions (silent, live, and online) to help fund our mission. This year, Penny-Arcade, PAX, and ReedPOP were incredibly generous and gave us two passes to PAX West 2018.

That's right. You can get your passes now. Today, basically. This auction ends in 22 hours. In fact, if the final bid is greater than the retail value, the portion over is tax deductible!

You know what to do, Penny-Arcade Forums.

In the immortal words of Jerry Holkins (probably) "Bid it up for charity, yo."

TLDR; I love you guys. Bid on PAX WEST 2018 badges today. You have 22 hours. Do it.

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Hmmm... the question is: to bid now or wait til the end and try to bid snipe? :D 8-)

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    I bid up to $675 but was outbid to $725. $775 is too rich for me. BTW, great job with the auction.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    Yah, it was at 500 for the longest time yesterday. But I guess as the time gets closer to the end, the people with deep pockets will get in on the action. There goes my hopes... Back to F5ing...

• Options
    I may yet jump back in. Weighing extra cost against not having to F5 for next 30 days, and all the stress that comes with it, plus charitable donation / tax deductible aspect

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    Oh man. I honestly didn't expect this kind of response when I posted it yesterday.

13 minutes left and my mind is already blown. This is incredible. Thank you guys so much.

• Options
    Yah, i was out early. But grats to the winner and i hope the $ goes to helping a lot.

• Options
    I tried again at $775 but was still outbid. That's ok, PAX wouldn't be PAX without F5 stress. GG to the winner

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
  • Options
    Oh wow. I was certain it was going to be you! The community continues to blow me away. I'm glad I brought it up--my colleagues were happy where the bids were when I posted it (because any funding is good funding apparently), but I knew we could do better. Hell, if I could go this year, I would have put myself in the running for them.

But thank you guys so much! The auction has ended and the back-end stuff begins soonish--I think that process gets started a little bit after Thursday (when we have the actual event). To whoever the winner was, if you're here: thank you so much for your support! You're incredible. We'll be in touch soon with more information!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    One thing bugs me tho... 50.75x4=203x2=406... Why were the passes valued at 424?? Not complaining or anything, just curious

Kirby4Life on
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    One thing bugs me tho... 50.75x4=203x2=406... Why were the passes valued at 424?? Not complaining or anything, just curious

East prices are $53/day - so it seems to be using that price. Auction could have been posted before seeing West prices.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Kirby4Life wrote: »

East prices are $53/day - so it seems to be using that price. Auction could have been posted before seeing West prices.

Exactly, sorry. I was using the East prices as estimated value. I just used what I had paid for two full sets for this year.

I'll make sure that's reflected for the winner, so they can up their deduction, if they choose to do so!