As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    BattlEye is just the official Steam anti-cheat system. It runs in the background and scans for apps that modify the game client or something. I'm not really entirely sure what it does or how it works.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    We had a PA PVE server going last summer that featured some gigantically awesome Conan castles from Karoz and Lucascraft, but I think that went away in October maybe.

• Options
    I need to take a video and upload it to Youtube of the castle/fortress I have on my PC private server right now. I'm pretty proud of the work I've done there because it's all 100% legit farmed, and not spawned from the admin console.

For those of you who remember my base on Elim's server, I basically remade it brick by brick on my private PC server, only better.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    In other news, the SP hair physics bug got me, but for some reason shortly after I noticed it, the physics came back on? Must've been something I did. I was switching between first person and third person in that brief session, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The physics temporarily glitching out from time to time happens. Usually it either sorts itself out in a few moments, or fixes if you equip/unequip something, or if you change graphics settings, or relog. But when the actual bug hits, there's no [known yet] fix. You just have plastic hair and armor for ever. :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    In other news, the SP hair physics bug got me, but for some reason shortly after I noticed it, the physics came back on? Must've been something I did. I was switching between first person and third person in that brief session, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The physics temporarily glitching out from time to time happens. Usually it either sorts itself out in a few moments, or fixes if you equip/unequip something, or if you change graphics settings, or relog. But when the actual bug hits, there's no [known yet] fix. You just have plastic hair and armor for ever. :(

Gotcha. I hope they manage to fix it for existing saves rather than having to start over, which seems to be the way these things often go...

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested in the MP side of this if we get a PA server going, as the game so far has been pretty damn awesome.

Also, I really love pike weapons. So handy for hunting!

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pikes are great at all stages of the game. It's too bad you didn't get to see the Tier 3 Mitra spear before they nerfed it. That thing was off-the-charts powerful. But the day-1 patch brought it in line with other weapons of similar tier.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    It was a new weapon that got added in the big Purge update. It wasn't in the game for very long. And it had a unique name. Staff of Epimetreus. You craft it at a T3 Mitra altar, and it has a pretty expensive material cost. But before they fixed it, the damage was much too high on it.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    We had a PA PVE server going last summer that featured some gigantically awesome Conan castles from Karoz and Lucascraft, but I think that went away in October maybe.

Ha, I'd like to take credit but that was all @Malakaius , my structures tend to be variations on supply depots.

• Options
    Pikes are fantastic. I'm also having a lot of fun with two handed swords (though less effective than pikes, they're just fun to use) and daggers, which are just stylish.

Too bad bows got run over by a nerf tank. I used to be all about bows.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The bow nerf is almost entirely because of PVP. I guess once they added in crippling shots, bow became the dominant PVP weapon.

I can totally see that and respect them wanting a fun and balanced PVP experience.

But at the same time, I absolutely hate it when PVP nerfs affect my PVE experience.

• Options
    But at the same time, I absolutely hate it when PVP nerfs affect my PVE experience.

Never play WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

• Options
    I do. They finally fixed that.

Everything from gear, spells, everything now has separate PVP values and behaviors. That was a Legion fix.

In Legion, gear is completely normalized, which is something I've been pushing for for a long time. Make PVP entirely about skill and not about stats. But that's a bit off topic.

In Conan, my understanding is that on their PTR, the game had basically devolved to circle strafing matches with the bow, where everyone was crippled and walking slowly and it was super dumb. So I get it. The change was definitely warranted so that silly stuff like that doesn't happen. But man. I hate when PVE take a big hit because of stuff like that.

• Options
    Any of y'all have a good understanding of how the purge settings actually function? I have everything turned on and mostly at default values. But default values seem inadequate for two people playing on a private server. We have had two pretty decent gaming sessions the last two nights, and our purge meter just isn't filling. It has like 5 pixels of growth.

Basically, my goal is to get it so that we experience one purge per night when we play. That's a good number I think. If we play - on average - 3 hours a night, I think one purge is a pretty good number.

I need to customize the settings so that happens. Because right now on default values nothing is happening at all.

We were never able to trigger a purge on our PC server either, and on that server we completely filled the bar a couple times. I'm honestly not sure why our bar is barely moving on PS4.

• Options
    Is having a dancer thrall still the only way to remove corruption? Google is only returning old results from last year, so I don't know if that got changed.

Found interesting looking place (I'm sure you guys know what it is or what it's called, roughly North of the starting location, has spiders and a shrine nearby), started to walk in, corruption started happening, saw massive great serpent in the distance, noped the hell out of there... :lol:

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Someone was talking about standing up a server a few pages back? Are we still doing that? If it's PVE I'll contribute there.

You know what would be nice with Conan? Is if you could carry your character between servers/SP like in Terraria.

Probably won't get a ton of time to play this until the weekend. I'm apparently 3-4 battles away from beating Battletech and I know if I move away from it now it will languish in my backlog forever.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Is having a dancer thrall still the only way to remove corruption? Google is only returning old results from last year, so I don't know if that got changed.

Found interesting looking place (I'm sure you guys know what it is or what it's called, roughly North of the starting location, has spiders and a shrine nearby), started to walk in, corruption started happening, saw massive great serpent in the distance, noped the hell out of there... :lol:

Yes, this is still the case. Dancers required to remove corruption.

I don't think I've seen a great serpent out in the open world. I have seen a giant snake inside a temple building inside the Unnamed City area of the map.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Yes, this is still the case. Dancers required to remove corruption.

I don't think I've seen a great serpent out in the open world. I have seen a giant snake inside a temple building inside the Unnamed City area of the map.

That's probably where it was. It was in a building, not out in the open. (EDIT: The Arena, that's where it was.) Yeah, a giant snake to be more specific. It was the only way I could see to go into any of the buildings.

If I'm gonna need a dancer, then I probably need a bigger place than my 3x1 square hut... :lol:

Jazz on
  • Options
    You can just put her up on the roof...

Yes, you will need a lot of space to, um, convert the potential Thralls to your way of thinking.

• Options
    That would involve some kind of, I don't know, wheel-like contraption, right?

• Options
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Gruel is your answer there. Nuts and plant fibre mashed together!

• Options
  • Options
    Oh hey, I just found the Giant Crocodile. Downriver a little bit from my desert fort at the three river junction, too. Wonderful.

• Options
    Oh hey, I just found the Giant Crocodile. Downriver a little bit from my desert fort at the three river junction, too. Wonderful.

One of them...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Just started my first serious play through and built my first tiny abode. It's right across the river underneath the huge baobab-looking tree. There's a croc that spawns nearby so I have food, those big turtles spawn across the river so I can get some hide, and there's a nearby bonfire where exiles spawn.

I have a few questions though. Can I turn the exiles into thralls, or do I have to "persuade" some other kind of person? Where do I get leather to make a truncheon anyway? Do trees regrow? If not, is there a way to plant more? Can I mine the nearby huge cliffs for stone, and if so will I eventually whittle them down into nothing? I'm thinking long-term, I don't want to completely strip an area of its resources. Oh, also, is there a way to not have grass sticking up through the floor of my home?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Right. Looks like I need iron. And to make leather.

• Options
    Can I turn the exiles into thralls, or do I have to "persuade" some other kind of person?

Yes, you can convince them to join you as unpaid interns.

Where do I get leather to make a truncheon anyway?

Kill antelopes to get Hide, build a Tannery, convert Hide into Leather.

Do trees regrow?

Yes, usually. I notice that over time they will slow and then stop respawning, however.

If not, is there a way to plant more?

Maybe ? There are planting options now but I haven't fiddled with them.

Can I mine the nearby huge cliffs for stone, and if so will I eventually whittle them down into nothing?

Yes. You can find stone pretty much everywhere.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Just started my first serious play through and built my first tiny abode. It's right across the river underneath the huge baobab-looking tree. There's a croc that spawns nearby so I have food, those big turtles spawn across the river so I can get some hide, and there's a nearby bonfire where exiles spawn.

I have a few questions though. Can I turn the exiles into thralls, or do I have to "persuade" some other kind of person? Where do I get leather to make a truncheon anyway? Do trees regrow? If not, is there a way to plant more? Can I mine the nearby huge cliffs for stone, and if so will I eventually whittle them down into nothing? I'm thinking long-term, I don't want to completely strip an area of its resources. Oh, also, is there a way to not have grass sticking up through the floor of my home?

Exiles to thralls: yes, any hostile humans can be captured.
    Leather: get hide from animals, process in a tannery to turn it to leather.
    Trees: all resources respawn. How fast depends on server settings, but usually fairly quick.
    Mine cliffs: you can mine rocks but not the landscape. You'll quickly learn to tell the difference. No terraforming allowed.
    Stripping resources: resources will not respawn in the immediate vicinity of wherever you build, so in that sense you do strip the area.
    Grass: elevate the floors is your only real choice (pressing SHIFT while placing a foundation changes its height).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks y'all! That should be enough info to get me started for now.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Stripping resources: resources will not respawn in the immediate vicinity of wherever you build, so in that sense you do strip the area.

Note that this is also configure-able. You can set the range at which your base causes resources to not respawn. A big castle will otherwise empty the landscape in a very wide radius.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    All righty!

Played this for a smidge a few months ago in early access but now I'm going to dig in since it's hit 1.0.

• Options

Note that this is also configure-able. You can set the range at which your base causes resources to not respawn. A big castle will otherwise empty the landscape in a very wide radius.

I've gone through all the settings I can find and I don't see that. Can you point out where that option is?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

I've gone through all the settings I can find and I don't see that. Can you point out where that option is?

I found it under the difficulty settings in singleplayer co-op when setting up a new game. There's a bunch of stuff you can change under the Custom settings. Not sure about multiplayer settings though.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Someone was talking about standing up a server a few pages back? Are we still doing that? If it's PVE I'll contribute there.

You know what would be nice with Conan? Is if you could carry your character between servers/SP like in Terraria.

Probably won't get a ton of time to play this until the weekend. I'm apparently 3-4 battles away from beating Battletech and I know if I move away from it now it will languish in my backlog forever.

I believe it was @DietarySupplement that said they could host a server. I think if you set it up, DS, people would come join in. Would just need to put the address in the OP and let everyone know that it was running for the next couple pages.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options

Hmm, I'm not finding it now, but I'm pretty sure that it was there when I established my Single-Player settings.

• Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

I found it under the difficulty settings in singleplayer co-op when setting up a new game. There's a bunch of stuff you can change under the Custom settings. Not sure about multiplayer settings though.

Yeah, there's pages of settings. I just can't find that particular one... :/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

I believe it was @DietarySupplement that said they could host a server. I think if you set it up, DS, people would come join in. Would just need to put the address in the OP and let everyone know that it was running for the next couple pages.

I will work on this tonight. If you have opinions/feelings on different server settings please post them. I am flexible on anything except that one that doesn't let me see dongs.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Yeah, there's pages of settings. I just can't find that particular one... :/

From https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration, Harvesting:

Land Claim Radius Multiplier
    LandClaimRadiusMultiplier
    This increases and decreases the radius at which land claim is applied. This affects the respawn of resources and NPCs as well as the ability of other players to claim nearby land.