As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Diplomat

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Diplomat

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would like everyone to know that this comic gave me an anxiety attack

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I don't think I get it. I don't know why Gabe is so mad. Why did he slip off the Twitter rage wagon? Is this based on a real thing? The news post didn't clear it up for me either.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    That tweet cracks my shit up...
    Tube wrote: »

Did you think Gabe actually got into some Twitter trouble?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    That tweet cracks my shit up...
    Tube wrote: »

Did you think Gabe actually got into some Twitter trouble?

Wouldn't you? Its kind of like a shark and uhh making analogies.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    "twitter trouble"?

will the phone cops come and get me if I get into "twitter trouble"?

https://youtu.be/cTPzTG1Lx60

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    I don't think I get it. I don't know why Gabe is so mad. Why did he slip off the Twitter rage wagon? Is this based on a real thing? The news post didn't clear it up for me either.

Gabe has in past put his foot in his mouth on Twitter. The joke is that he managed to do so again on topic that should be completely uncontroversial. Fortunately for Tube's sake it appears to be only a joke and not inspired by current events beyond said platform switch.

steam_sig.png
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Is that really a controversial opinion? Judging by how people talk about Android phones online, it seems to be a commonly shared one.

• GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Probably all the talk about beating his son (in M:TG)

• John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular

Gabe has in past put his foot in his mouth on Twitter. The joke is that he managed to do so again on topic that should be completely uncontroversial. Fortunately for Tube's sake it appears to be only a joke and not inspired by current events beyond said platform switch.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Tube do for PA? He recently commented that Jerry has seen his desk, so I think he works at PA headquarters, not just remotely.

• Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Tube do for PA? He recently commented that Jerry has seen his desk, so I think he works at PA headquarters, not just remotely.

Tube's the adult.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Tube does social media for PA and is head moderator on these forums. Probably some other things, but those are the relevant things I know.

• TubeTube Registered User admin

I'm the marketing and communications department.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I don't believe it. That post would have a bunch of hearts on Twitter -- even with the threat of murder. The screen shows zero hearts. :) lol

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • pancakewizardpancakewizard Registered User new member
    I refuse to believe that's an iPhone because it's not enormous.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Is that really a controversial opinion? Judging by how people talk about Android phones online, it seems to be a commonly shared one.

I imagine in the comic he got tired of seeing someone talk about how feature "x" was on their phone first because who cares? It's just a phone. Why are you telling me this, I don't even know you, random android user. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    I've really enjoyed not having to deal with iTunes. I don't think I could ever go back.

• gekkobeargekkobear Registered User regular
    Well done... and that ratio.

• ZacharyNoormanZacharyNoorman Registered User new member
    That last line felt more outward directed than to just Gabe.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @tube I would have thought you were the adorable mascot.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    @shadowysea07 Just fyi, you're not supposed to @ tube. They come up as a notification on his phone so it's easier for the staff to get to him in emergencies, and consequently he's not supposed to be @'d for anything other than that.