As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Let's actually get serious about this.

@Mojo_Jojo @Ketar If both of you agree to give all your votes to Mentak for Minister of Commerce, (1) I will pay you one trade good now, (2) I will give you free commodity refreshes every time I pick trade for the rest of the game (which I promise would be rather frequent), and (3) I will refrain from using pillage against you for the rest of the game.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It would be pretty outrageous to give this to Mentak. With that second racial you'd be richer than the Hacan.

That said, I'm not really sure where this bombshell can safely be buried. A rich Winnu is one that will just churn out Metacol points, a rich Letnev with a third of the galaxy is crazy, a rich Sardakk would be terrifying, ghosts just got a system boost from the other agenda

I can be bought but all I'm after is avoiding my elimination

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

@Mojo_Jojo @Ketar If both of you agree to give all your votes to Mentak for Minister of Commerce, (1) I will pay you one trade good now, (2) I will give you free commodity refreshes every time I pick trade for the rest of the game (which I promise would be rather frequent), and (3) I will refrain from using pillage against you for the rest of the game.

Would you be willing to deliver on those 3 points if I helped you win this a different way? @Hedgethorn

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It would be pretty outrageous to give this to Mentak. With that second racial you'd be richer than the Hacan.

That said, I'm not really sure where this bombshell can safely be buried. A rich Winnu is one that will just churn out Metacol points, a rich Letnev with a third of the galaxy is crazy, a rich Sardakk would be terrifying, ghosts winnu just got a system boost from the other agenda

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

Mojo_Jojo Ketar If both of you agree to give all your votes to Mentak for Minister of Commerce, (1) I will pay you one trade good now, (2) I will give you free commodity refreshes every time I pick trade for the rest of the game (which I promise would be rather frequent), and (3) I will refrain from using pillage against you for the rest of the game.

Would you be willing to deliver on those 3 points if I helped you win this a different way? Hedgethorn

@Ketar If you're suggesting you'd play a rider to eliminate your votes from contention or the like, I can't absolutely guarantee I'd provide you all of #1-#3, but I'd definitely be in a favorable mood henceforth if I were elected.

• Options
    Assassinate Representative
    After an agenda is revealed: Choose one player. That player cannot vote on this agenda.

Choose @Mojo_Jojo

Any sabotage?

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    A rich Winnu is one that will just churn out Metacol points, a rich Letnev with a third of the galaxy is crazy, a rich Sardakk would be terrifying, ghosts just got a system boost from the other agenda

Huh? Ghosts just blew all their votes last agenda for nothing. Winnu got the boost.

• Options
    No sabotage.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I feel ever so slightly victimised here

• Options
    Not that it helps, but I feel bad about it.

• Options
    @discrider @Preda for sabotage calls.

• Options
    No sabotage. But I stongly disagree with this style of negotiation. Because I don't profit from it. Things will change...

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    No sabotage. But I stongly disagree with this style of negotiation. Because I don't profit from it. Things will change...

Sorry, it's what happens when Naalu and Letnev have half the remaining votes. I didn't think I could afford trying to pay off everyone at the table.

• Options
    An excellent time for any riders though

• Options
    Sadly, as I've previously said, not a single rider in the tons of cards I got...

• Options
    no sabo

• Options
    Actually maybe not that good a time for riders because Letnev could well just decide to vote for themselves if it comes to a heads up with Mentak.

• Options
    It's really going to be up to whoever N'orr throws in for, so it's a 3 way race.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I have 9 votes by the way.
    Cause I exhausted my two 4 vote planets, and 16 - 8 = 9.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    I have 9 votes by the way.
    Cause I exhausted my two 4 vote planets, and 16 - 8 = 9.

Dubious math aside, sabotage or no?

• Options

That said, I'm not really sure where this bombshell can safely be buried. A rich Winnu is one that will just churn out Metacol points, a rich Letnev with a third of the galaxy is crazy, a rich Sardakk would be terrifying, ghosts just got a system boost from the other agenda

Metacol points are bad.
    Everyone else can just play on the secondary and get SOs to keep up.
    Or deny me the 8 card completely.

But with the Agenda at hand, probably best to give it to either Mojo_Jojo or I, as we both have resource supply issues and are unlikely to surge ahead due to this.

• Options
    Why are we considering giving this to Mentak at all?
    If there is one person who should absolutely not win this, it's the Mentak.

• Options
    Less obviously, Letnev too benefits greatly militarily from a bunch of free TG

• Options
    @Mojo_Jojo are you willing to buy my Sabotage?
    For like 4 TG

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @Ketar is your plan to play a rider next?
    Cause if you played the rider first before the assassinate, then I'd be happy to not even look at sabotaging this second.
    But that's not the order that's presented right now.

discrider on
  • Options
    My goal is to play a rider.

• Options
    But I'm not going to play one until the current action card has been resolved.

• Options
    No sab; trusting in Letnev's ability to not give Mentak the keys to the game

• Options
    Thank you. I would like to be as sure as possible of who is going to win this thing before actually playing a rider though. So let's talk.

• Options
    With no votes from Letnev or Naalu, that makes it 8 to 8 to 6 by my count (me, Winnu, and Norr, respectively). Hard to see who will take it.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    8 to 9 to 6
    Sakulag is untapped and is now 2I

discrider on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Because my intention was to ask @Hedgethorn to make the same offer to @Preda that he did to Mojo_Jojo and I. With Mojo-Jojo eliminated from voting, and me abstaining to play a rider, Preda's votes would guarantee winning this election. I'd even be willing to sweeten the pot for Preda if Hedgethorn were still willing to honor his original offer to me, since I would be gift wrapping things for him.

That said, I'm open to arguments for why Norr or Winnu should get this instead.

Ketar on
  • Options
    Ah, forgot that takes effect immediately.

• Options
    @Preda, anything I can offer for your votes? I'd be happy to make the 1 TG + free refreshes + no pillaging commitment offer I made with Ketar.

• Options
    @Preda , I too am happy to give free refreshes if and when I get trade

• Options
    Wow, I had forgotten just what the second racial is for Mentak. Yeah, that plus this = pretty awful.

• Options
    I mean Pillage + Second racial is pretty deadly anyway.
    But an extra Neighboursx2 resources each round doesn't hurt.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Ah, yes. It should indeed by 9 votes for Winnu due to Terraforming Initiative.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    So, here's how things look to me now: giving this to Mentak is a terribad idea that we probably should not do. They have 8 votes. I have 12. Winnu with 9. N'orr with 6. My preference would be to play a rider, in which case it comes down to N'orr deciding things between Mentak and Winnu. I would think that Preda would prefer Winnu to get it rather than Mentak, but Hedgethorn has offered a more substantial bribe than discrider has, so I can't be sure. @Preda I am also willing to give you free refreshes any time I take Trade if you vote for Winnu. Or, I could give you my racial promissory - given your combat bonuses and the likelihood of acquiring Exotriremes II soon, I suspect glorious battle is in your future. My promissory would help ensure one hell of a first round of combat in a major battle.

On the other hand, if it doesn't look like there is a likely winner and things are up in the air, I'll skip the rider and vote with my 12 votes. If I vote for any of the other 3 voters, they will win - no other combination of 2 would be able to beat us. In which case I'd be inclined to vote for Mentak despite it being a terribad idea, since at least I get something out of it.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I will also give free refreshes to everyone who votes for me. It is like, not a big deal or worth anything.
    Otherwise I have no TG to give, and I can't stop Mentak pillaging people so..

discrider on