As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moved to Il, finding new Insurance policies for car

Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud FatherHouse GardenerRegistered User regular
Howdy. I've recently moved to IL, and have applied to get a new driver's license.
I was wondering if there was any particularly good companies for car insurance in the state.

When I was in KY, I used Kentucky Farm Bureau, and that had me saving a crapload of money, with better policy details, than online quotes of larger organizations.
They also took care of me when I had a few minor accidents over the decade of driving in KY.

I won't have an income as a student here, so I was wondering if there a equivalent company in IL? Might not, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I noticed there was an IL Farm Bureau, but it seems to be purely a discount service, more directly tied to farming.

VayBJ4e.png

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I've been with Progressive for a very long time, so unfortunately am not sure what more local options might be good these days. That said, Progressive has been nothing but great the three times we've had other drivers hit us, and their rates were the best I found when we started with them.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Generally insurance in Illinois is more the, "Sure be a shame if your leg broke..." type. :biggrin:

I've had no problems with Amica. Pretty much online or phone only, but service has always been good.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    That was off my radar. Will check it out.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the suggestion, guys!
    I got some coverage after price checking Progressive, Amica, and a few other places.
    I'm good to go. I'm set with a better policy at a much cheaper rate.

I guess KY drivers are terrible, or that my cleaner recent driving record, and older age, resulted in the price drop.
    Went with Country Financial's Auto Insurance, for those interested.

VayBJ4e.png