As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    Yep, last main rulebook FAQ states that two strats with the same name (from different codex) are considered the same (so no doubling). They used VotLW as an example, but lightning reflexes is in the same boat.

This also applies to psychic powers. This means if you have the option take miasma of pestilence from the chaos space marine book, as it targets all NURGLE units, whereas the DG and Daemons versions only target thier faction keywords despite being the same spell.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I've used two 4ft x 2ft x 2in insulation sheets with felt stuck to them with spray adhesive for Warmachine for... four years or so? I had a wooden table topper before and it went in the trash as soon as I saw how much more often I was grabbing the cheap-y "extra" boards to play on versus my super nice one.

As a matter of fact this weekend, I am going Joann's shopping for some good martian red fabric to stick to a couple 6ft x 2ft x 2" boards I had cut last weekend. Total cost will be around $30 if I get really nice fabric and don't use a coupon (I always use coupons at Joann's)

Nealneal on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    So if I recall correctly, someone here wanted new Arbites models?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXl6SgRvbks

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Whaaaat

Full on inquisitorial warband, arbites, and even more nurgle?!

Although technically it's a rogue trader warband and his personal house troops? No shotguns on these models.

honovere on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Uhhhh those Nurgle models look a hell of a lot like plastic Grotesque fodder

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Here's the official Rogue Trader trailer from Games Workshop including funky music:

https://youtu.be/Wb9eMhoFg8I

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Are they still releasing a killteam game sometime this year?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My eldar army served with pride across several ships decks,tables and floors

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Those mutant/Nurgle (Nurgle mutant?) models look spectacular.

H9f4bVe.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to setup a play table like those starcraft space station platforms? Narrow walk ways and chunks missing. I wanna try something interesting after I try a clustered city setup.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is it possible to setup a play table like those starcraft space station platforms? Narrow walk ways and chunks missing. I wanna try something interesting after I try a clustered city setup.

Oh it is. You get nasty choke points to fight over. The hardest part is los blocking. We use to have a map kind of like this at my old flg with islands and bridges over water. Different game with 5th but it was always a crazy game.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Are they still releasing a killteam game sometime this year?

Yeah and they have Necromunda.

Make up your fucking mind already, GW. Unless Rogue Trader is going to be more like a Shadespire deal, then it's fine.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm assuming that Rogue Trader is a starter box for Kill Team or something because holy shit does it not make sense to have four different skirmish games in the 40K setting at the same time.

Mazzyx wrote: »

Oh it is. You get nasty choke points to fight over. The hardest part is los blocking. We use to have a map kind of like this at my old flg with islands and bridges over water. Different game with 5th but it was always a crazy game.

Islands sound really cool. How was it setup to make it so one player didn't have a major advantage?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Islands sound really cool. How was it setup to make it so one player didn't have a major advantage?

Everyone would get about the same amount of land in the deployment zones. I mean some armies were in heavy advantage anyway with shooting and stuff. It was more for narrative than competitive games.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    They had another trailer for Killteam awhile back.

It's basically "squad size 8th edition", that's all.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    ... this edition of Kill Team is a fully fledged game in its own right – it doesn’t use the existing Warhammer 40,000 rules set (but it’s just as thrilling!)

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Mayday wrote: »
    So if I recall correctly, someone here wanted new Arbites models?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXl6SgRvbks

That would be me!

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    They're more fancy rogue trader house guards than arbites. They got a real "space argonought" look to 'em.

website_header.jpg
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Sci-fi Silver Tower sounds great to me!

FC: 1435-5383-0883

Everyone would get about the same amount of land in the deployment zones. I mean some armies were in heavy advantage anyway with shooting and stuff. It was more for narrative than competitive games.

Alright, that shouldn't be an issue. This isn't a really competitive thing, just my brother and friends goofing off and trying to find ways to make it interesting with the board.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    The Rogue Trader guys look awesome.
    More nurgle tho?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Dayspring wrote: »
    More nurgle tho?

Not Nurgle or Chaos, they are aliens called Slaugth from Dark Heresy.

"Slaugth science and technology is likewise nightmarish and powerful, seamlessly melding the organic and inorganic to achieve its ends in a blasphemous symbiosis of form and function. The Slaugth seem capable of manufacturing strange techno-organic construct creatures of a bewildering variety, carrying out their master's wishes as need be. "

Sharp101 on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Alright, now i’m 100% more interested! Xenos for the xenos god!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Getting a good, cheap, light solution is going to be pretty hard. Keenbean made his table topper, I made my collapsible, expandable, wooden folding table, but ultimately, the cheapest, easiest, and generally most useful solution is just grabbing a couple of folding 6x2 tables from Walmart, Target, or wherever.
    We had an 8x2.5 folding table for a picnic already, so when I went to get another table, we hit up the Walmart and could not find another 8x2.5, just a 6x2.5

That worked great, though, since with a 6x4 battlemat, we have a play area and an area around the play area to keep random stuff like dead guys, drinks, paraphernalia, etc. Worked out pretty nice.

My Necrons, most of them came in, so I tried a game with them against a buddy's Astra Militarum last night. It was just a quick 1000 point game. What I learned? Destroyers are awesome, especially with so many CPs so I can use 1 point stratagems constantly!

I still got my ass kicked due to poor target selection and battle cannons just chewing through my guys, though. Sigh.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    I am going to try out three vindicators this weekend (well 1 actual vindicator and 2 proxies but the folks I play against are cool with that and everything looks like a rhino anyway). I have this feeling with the cp increase and the fact 3 vindicators+warpsmith is less than 500 points might make them okay if you get the stratagem off. They are rather tough at 11 W and 8T.

Also if that stratagem goes off with some decent roles 3d3 mortal wounds in a 4 inch circle isn't something to sneeze at.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Hey duders,

I'm selling a painted 40k Alpha Legion army for a friend of mine. It is painted to a very high standard, with lots of freehand and conversions. This also includes a lot of Forge World.

Models include:
    • 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour
    • 9 Terminators
      (mix of chain axes, power fists, combi-plasma and combi-bolters, all weapons magnitized)
    • 26 Chaos Marines
      (4 sgts, 2 melta, 4 plasma, 4 autocannons, rest bolters)
    • 5 Raptors
    • 2 Rhinos

Full gallery of photos here

A few choice photos under the spoiler
    lord-01.jpg

terminators-02a.jpg

marines-01a.jpg

rhino-01a.jpg

Sold as a lot.

PM me for more info.

Sharp101 on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »
    More nurgle tho?

Not Nurgle or Chaos, they are aliens called Slaugth from Dark Heresy.

"Slaugth science and technology is likewise nightmarish and powerful, seamlessly melding the organic and inorganic to achieve its ends in a blasphemous symbiosis of form and function. The Slaugth seem capable of manufacturing strange techno-organic construct creatures of a bewildering variety, carrying out their master's wishes as need be. "

They're 100% nurgle. Slaugth are humanoid piles of worms. Random mix of claws, flies, tentacles and additional mouths is chaos. Flies, fleas and maggots is also definitely nurgle.
    People are just getting caught up on the odd machine bits on the nurgle figures, but it's probably more that the nurgle side isn't an invading band of pirates but a corrupted half of the crew, including servitors and bionic ratings.

Rogue trader looks like a board game or a open space hulk but i do hope it's a shadespire type of game

Brainleech wrote: »
    Rogue trader looks like a board game or a open space hulk but i do hope it's a shadespire type of game

It might be. I am not sure as I think necromunda was suppose to be that but is more of a forgeworldesque game. Kill team is well kill team but again they could release shadespire like teams but I don't think so. So maybe it is.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Brainleech wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's going to be like Overkill or Execution force (far too many nurgle units for it to be anything akin to shadespire), but it is strange to see the board layout without any cards anywhere if they play a role.
    Boarding action 40K competitive skirmish would be pretty damn cool though.

FTL style boardgame with a bunch of summoning units could work based on those two pics - three main nurgle baddies but with infinite hordes and monsters as cheap disposable summons, whilst the Imps have a few heros with pets/respawning armsmen. Survive the mutiny, fix the ship and/or get out.

Tastyfish on
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    I've been following the lore of 40k for awhile now, and I figure this is the best place to ask this question.

So I've heard Ragnar Blackmane be referred to as "the Young King." So what is he king of?

Matthew wrote: »
    I've been following the lore of 40k for awhile now, and I figure this is the best place to ask this question.

So I've heard Ragnar Blackmane be referred to as "the Young King." So what is he king of?

He is a young wolf lord which are like the kings of Fenris kind of.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Local GW has a 500 point escalation league starting up. Seriously considering going in with a vanguard detachment of 2 Neurothropes and 9 Zoanthropes. Everything has a 3+ invuln, 3+ wounds, ignores morale, flies, and gets wounds back when killing stuff with smite. I don’t do anything in the shooting or melee phase, and can sacrifice all my zoanthropes psychic power to spew mortal wounds onto a localized area.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Local GW has a 500 point escalation league starting up. Seriously considering going in with a vanguard detachment of 2 Neurothropes and 9 Zoanthropes. Everything has a 3+ invuln, 3+ wounds, ignores morale, flies, and gets wounds back when killing stuff with smite. I don’t do anything in the shooting or melee phase, and can sacrifice all my zoanthropes psychic power to spew mortal wounds onto a localized area.

You'll get melee'd to death by your opponents with this list.

I don't mean in-game, I mean in real life.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Despite the spaceship tiles, those RT figures are all on grassy bases.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Despite the spaceship tiles, those RT figures are all on grassy bases.

Well Imperium PRATUM Tutela has to work as contacted on nearly every base

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They just got back from an enthusiastic negotiation/raid on an agri-world and are tracking mud all over the ship. Which is why all the janitorial servitors are so angry.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I also had a thought about Rogue Trader why not that race it's talked about time to time but doesn't have a model {I don't think it's had one} THe Hrud!
    l58cyqe24d5d.png
    tnm5df3996d4.png

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    xffj51rktmch.jpg
    This Battle Sister will be the first you’ll be able to get your hands on, a special preview release ahead of the main wave to make the wait a little bit more bearable. We can’t say when just yet, but stay tuned to Warhammer Community to find out as soon as we have a date.

honovere on