As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'm open to better offers than Mentak's for my votes. Would much prefer to cement things toward someone and play a rider though.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    New plan: how about both you and discrider play riders on this agenda?

Hedgethorn wrote: »
    New plan: how about both you and discrider play riders on this agenda?

:P

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    11 more hours to make up our minds, I guess.

Another way forward is I could play a rider of my own on Winnu, presuming that Ketar would then do the same. Winnu would vote for himself, and that would be that. I would then just be sure to pillage my Mentax every time discrider got the benefit.

Intriguing.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yes...
    About that Mentax...

Heh.

Ah, right, forgot I had given you my promissory note. I mean, I could always bait you into attacking me to get it back. :biggrin:

Could work I guess.
    We'll see.
    I'm not so sure my own hold on my systems is particularly sufficient, but at least I have my cannons.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The sensible choice is to give this to the Naalu and just bury the cursed card altogether

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    At least it's not the Representative Democracy agenda the other game pulled out.
    Everyone gets 1 vote on each agenda, no tapping planets for votes.
    Booooring!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    At least it's not the Representative Democracy agenda the other game pulled out.
    Booooring!

That would probably be really interesting with how it would mix up these rounds

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Booooring!

Not really..
    It means:
    - Influence planets are now only good for CC, i.e pretty rubbish.
    - Riders are really hard to play because everyone has the same vote power.
    - ACs that add extra votes are now really really good.

Booooring!

Not really..
    It means:
    - Influence planets are now only good for CC, i.e pretty rubbish.
    - Riders are really hard to play because everyone has the same vote power.
    - ACs that add extra votes are now really really good.

I don't agree it means no more boring circles of abstaintion that most votes degenerate into and makes the political secret cards more useful

Yeah, fair point.

Right. Come on let's see this riders then and crack on with the vote

edited May 2018
    I dunno. People are waiting on Preda I think.
    Who will be on in an hour or two when he gets up.
    But personally, I would just be dumping riders on me.

discrider on
    edited May 2018
    I'd missed that there was something for Preda to respond to
    Mojo_Jojo are you willing to buy my Sabotage?
    For like 4 TG

Also, this went on and off the table while I was sleeping but it's probably worth me responding to anyhow. I had no real interest in a sabotage here due to the agenda not being super relevant to me. That said, 4TG was a crazily high price. A better offer would have been sabotaging for my votes towards you.

Mojo_Jojo on
    I'd missed that there was something for Preda to respond to

I think Hedgethorn is hoping to bribe Preda?

I rather think he's offering way too little in order to try and buy the game for himself.
    Currently Hedgethorn is neighbouring everyone (bar Letnev) in the hopes of stealing TG.
    If he wins this agenda and gets his second racial tech this turn, which he's likely to research, then he'd be getting an effective 8R per turn on top of whatever he steals.
    This seems to pale in comparison to a 1 TG bribe, plus I will also do these other things that don't cost me any.
    And he's neighbouring Preda, so Preda would likely have to deal with the consequences of that extra TG later in the game as Mentak explodes.

As for the price of the Sabotage, I thought it a high likelyhood that you would win this Agenda if you were still able to vote.
    And I need TG.

Right. Come on let's see this riders then and crack on with the vote

I mean you could use a rider too if you want.

4TG for a punt at winning an agenda I don't really benefit hugely from is still a crazy price

And annoyingly I'm rider free in terms of action cards. I'm just eager to get to the next round so I can know if I'm eliminated or not

4TG for a punt at winning an agenda I don't really benefit hugely from is still a crazy price

And annoyingly I'm rider free in terms of action cards. I'm just eager to get to the next round so I can know if I'm eliminated or not

Well it was very much, what can I afford to waste a Sabotage on, not what is the Naalu likely to pay.

Well it's good to know you've got one, as if Letnev keep dumping cards on me I'll probably need to buy it at some point

I thought you needed it for the Unexpected Action actually

If I have known you had one I probably would have taken it

I'm interested in what @Mojo_Jojo is willing to pay for a sabotage, because it looks like he's about to get wrecked

Which I thought was declined by:
    Nope no sabotages.

I did not read that as you offering a sabotage at all. It seemed very general. Nevermind.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @Hedgethorn offers way too little to be worth taking now, I would have gladly taken his racial promissory, which was what I had in mind to ask till I discovered he already given it to discrider (when?). Now as the matter stand I'm more inclined to accept discrider offer, even as it is much smaller (and harder to cash, once priracy get unleashed freely on me...

Wait, discrider has hedgethron's racial? I missed that completely.

Wait, discrider has hedgethron's racial? I missed that completely.

Me too, till he posted about it few hours ago...

It was part of the trade to let him sit on Arinam without firing PDS cannons.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Play, predicting Winnu

Politics Rider
    After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, draw 3 action cards and gain the speaker token.

Imperial Rider
    After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 victory point.

No sab etc.

Although if everyone's playing riders it might be worth going around the circle.

edited May 2018
    I strongly suspect @Preda doesn't want the speaker token to move back two spots.

Hedgethorn on
    Technically any sab played on Creuss's riders can be moved onto a Mentak rider later anyway, so.

edited May 2018
    Namely the timing rules are:
    ACs get played on the "After an agenda is revealed" trigger from Preda, going around to me. One at a time per person per rotation.
    So people are not meant to act on information from people downstream of them.

Doesn't work in general or for by PbP at all, but people downstream should be able to revise (or retract) rider card plays if the rider card plays upstream of them change.

discrider on
    No riders.

No riders from me

edited May 2018
    No riders from me. But in the remote chance someone might have the idea of playing a political rider, Any vote on my part to complete that rider would require a promise of not taking technology by both the interested parties...

Preda on