As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Load the Canon: We're 'Putin the War back in Warmind

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I get not liking the light level requirements or what the clan engrams drop, but besides the clan do bug none of this oh silly Bungo. There are 6 months’ worth of vitriolic community feedback that produced all those clickbaity headlines about the game, that’s now starting to be directly addressed.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Ignore this post.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Recommended Power Level for the Raid Lair is
    370. This might be the first Raid I don't beat during the week of its release. Because that's a pretty severe penalty with most players being around 350ish

I can't remember, does that number usually represent the initial power level or the ultimate (i.e. boss) power level?

Initial. The boss is generally tougher than that.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I get not liking the light level requirements or what the clan engrams drop, but besides the clan do bug none of this oh silly Bungo. There are 6 months’ worth of vitriolic community feedback that produced all those clickbaity headlines about the game, that’s now starting to be directly addressed.

There really wasnt a huge groundswell or any major support to remove clan engrams giving clanmates guns. This wasn't a change being called for that ever hit the front page of reddit or ever got complained about in articles.

Outside of some monkey's paw version of some general community request, this is not something that was being asking for.

metaghost wrote: »
    370. This might be the first Raid I don't beat during the week of its release. Because that's a pretty severe penalty with most players being around 350ish

I can't remember, does that number usually represent the initial power level or the ultimate (i.e. boss) power level?

Initial. The boss is generally tougher than that.

Thats true for normal Raids, but is that also how EoW works? Despite running it every week, I still have no idea how the PL requirements work in there.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

There really wasnt a huge groundswell or any major support to remove clan engrams giving clanmates guns. This wasn't a change being called for that ever hit the front page of reddit or ever got complained about in articles.

Outside of some monkey's paw version of some general community request, this is not something that was being asking for.

I guess it falls under the general purview of streamers who do nothing but play D2 all day going MAKE THIS GAME HARDER FOR ME but like hey yet another reason not to listen to those people ever.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Xûr’s in town:

Prometheus Lens
    Knucklehead Radar
    Ashen Wake
    Vesper of Radius

Only one new Exotic? Awwwww

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    He's also selling something called a Five of Swords challenge card. Are the challenge cards the nightfall strike modifiers ?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Xur's engram is still guaranteed to drop an Exotic you don't already have, yes?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)

No, it was pretty common sentiment to see in even unrelated topics, it was an undercurrent in almost every D2 topic, how the game was just giving handouts for casuals who don't do anything. It's an impression that I clearly picked up many months ago, and here it is being implemented. I don't think this is entirely inexplicable change that just came out of nowhere.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    That sounds awful.

It's so dumb that we need to spend a few weeks running the old raids to be ready for the new raid.

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't have a ton of experience with the raids but during the Calus fight last night I was pleasantly surprised with how good the darci sniper rifle did during the damage phase. I think was getting 75k a hit with the perk active.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    edited May 2018

No, it was pretty common sentiment to see in even unrelated topics, it was an undercurrent in almost every D2 topic, how the game was just giving handouts for casuals who don't do anything. It's an impression that I clearly picked up many months ago, and here it is being implemented. I don't think this is entirely inexplicable change that just came out of nowhere.

I disagree. You think that a smattering of comments makes it common. I think that a smattering of comments means nothing, since I can find a smattering of comments to support any type dumb change that Bungie decides to make. Even the ones they made for Destiny 2! The things that matter are the posts that get a major amount of support from the forum communities, articles that aggregate the common community complaints, and similar complaints made across the general streamer community.

There was not a groundswell to remove clan engrams from giving clanmates weapons. I get you want to lump that in with "things are too easy to obtain!", but if you look at the context of those complaints it always came down to general loot drops from world activities and that there was nothing to really work over time to achieve.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I am typing all this up, tbh. I doubt I am going to change your mind that "the community is dumb and any changes they hate are exactly what they asked for" and you aren't going to change my mind that some of the hated changes (like the clan engram one) are, at best, monkey-paw type implementations of fringe complaints or, at worst, show a complete lack of understanding what the community wants.

ObiFett on
    the fighting lions adjusted passive is interesting too

you can get a LOT of shots out of it without reloading without needing to weapon swap except at the beginning or end of a multiple shot sequence

the wording on the passive is now basically wrong, but it lets you do some interesting things. problem is if you let the reload animation start then refilling the mag does nothing, so in that case you have to cancel it with a weapon swap, which means you want to start with a different weapon, kill, frag something with an ability, kill something with fl, etc and then when you fuck up and end the sequence with fl you switch weapon and reset it quickly

concept test:

https://youtu.be/NSOhdnH4wPs

Nice. Have you managed to kill yourself with the increased blast radius, yet?

smCQ5WE.jpg

I disagree. You think that a smattering of comments makes it common. I think that a smattering of comments means nothing, since I can find a smattering of comments to support any type dumb change that Bungie decides to make. Even the ones they made for Destiny 2! The things that matter are the posts that get a major amount of support from the forum communities, articles that aggregate the common community complaints, and similar complaints made across the general streamer community.

There was not a groundswell to remove clan engrams from giving clanmates weapons. I get you want to lump that in with "things are too easy to obtain!", but if you look at the context of those complaints it always came down to general loot drops from world activities and that there was nothing to really work over time to achieve.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I am typing all this up, tbh. I doubt I am going to change your mind that "the community is dumb and any changes they hate are exactly what they asked for" and you aren't going to change my mind that some of the hated changes (like the clan engram one) are, at best, monkey-paw type implementations of fringe complaints or, at worst, show a complete lack of understanding what the community wants.

My point isn't that the community is dumb, but that the changes are explicable and based on feedback.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Like, I would think the fact that clan engrams for raids/trials/nightfall/crucible were all powerful rewards would be a thing. That is a quasi-reasonable change, at least with their stated goal of slower advancement.

Like many of their goals though, that raid progression puts the lie to that. Old raids just rain powerful engrams down on you.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the fighting lions adjusted passive is interesting too

you can get a LOT of shots out of it without reloading without needing to weapon swap except at the beginning or end of a multiple shot sequence

the wording on the passive is now basically wrong, but it lets you do some interesting things. problem is if you let the reload animation start then refilling the mag does nothing, so in that case you have to cancel it with a weapon swap, which means you want to start with a different weapon, kill, frag something with an ability, kill something with fl, etc and then when you fuck up and end the sequence with fl you switch weapon and reset it quickly

concept test:

https://youtu.be/NSOhdnH4wPs

Nice. Have you managed to kill yourself with the increased blast radius, yet?

its almost impossible not to rub yourself on people while using it life is very hard

obF2Wuw.png
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Posted up a Lair 1 raid for tomorrow afternoon (EST) since I'm definitely not high enough LL for the new one. And I haven't done the first one yet anyway.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1151704

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    @GMaster7 - page 102, sir.

:rotate:

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    IMO I prefer raid/trials gear to only come from raids and trials.

Give clanmates a generic powerful engram and a stack of raid/trials tokens instead. Raids are amazing and Bungie should try and encourage players to actually do these activities.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Like, I would think the fact that clan engrams for raids/trials/nightfall/crucible were all powerful rewards would be a thing. That is a quasi-reasonable change, at least with their stated goal of slower advancement.

Like many of their goals though, that raid progression puts the lie to that. Old raids just rain powerful engrams down on you.

But, of course, one of their goals since RoI has been to make each raid perpetually meaningful in the progression structure, such that old raids don't become obsolete and prevent new players from finding teams willing to engage that content.

They are ensnared in a trap of wanting to meet the demands of a playerbase that is huge and diffuse in its expectations, and now spread across three platforms.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So why release the raid lair now if we cant play it for a couple of weeks due to the power level being too high?

Same with Escalation Protocol.

“Its ready! ... But you cant really play it” is the dumbest shit I’ve seen recently, I wonder which streamer is getting blamed for this stupidity.

Sirialis on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I forget since it's been a while, I know you don't need to have your best gear own when you get drops for them to be max LL, but do you need them in that character's inventory? IE do I need to move over my best weapons when I switch characters?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    I forget since it's been a while, I know you don't need to have your best gear own when you get drops for them to be max LL, but do you need them in that character's inventory? IE do I need to move over my best weapons when I switch characters?

Yes.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So why release the raid lair now if we cant play it for a couple of weeks due to the power level being too high?

“Its ready! ... But you cant really play it” is the dumbest shit I’ve seen recently, I wonder which streamer is getting blamed for this stupidity.

It sounds like the Escalation Protocol is being cleared, but it requires getting three coordinated teams using tethers and tractor cannons to debuff mobs to boost damage into the same world instance.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    No. According to the devs, as before, it will check other characters, your vault, etc. Obviously armor is class specific so it's not counted.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Meh. I mean, why not? It'll only be an issue for a couple of weeks for active players and is apparently not an issue now for the hardcore-est. Having higher-level content right there where you can see it is probably a motivating factor for people who otherwise might play less once they finish seeing new stuff and are just grinding again.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    The original clan system gave me probably my favorite moment in vanilla d2-

I was away on a work trip when d2 came out and didn’t get to play until about a month after release, which is about the length of the Paleolithic Era in Destiny Progression Time.

I was in the Social Entropy clan which is a lot less active than the GT one. There already wasn’t a regular team running the raid a month out from release.

We organized a noob (and chanus) leviathan run. It took LITERALLY ALL WEEKEND and several participants went insane in the process but we did it. 2 daysbefore reset we unlocked the raid drop for the SE++ clan, and it felt great to be getting drops for other forumers that they actually cared about.

But I can understand why they are going in this direction. It’s a shame though because clans are one of the few metagame things that I think are a big improvement to Destiny 1. They should be beefing up the clan system, not stripping it back.

It’s another example of Destiny 2 having some really good ideas but no follow through

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular

"It was hard, but we told them to make it even harder!"

get fucked, bruv.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

This is kind of the whole point of having bars and mmo brain trickery. If the barz don’t go anywhere the drugs don’t work

And you can play it now you just can’t finish it

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Yikes, okay so maybe we just do the older raid lair tonight, what's recommended on that one?

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    The entire light level system is just artificial content gating to try and force you to spend more time doing things you might otherwise not want to do

It's my least favorite part of destiny, but the raids are fun enough that I'm not going anywhere. My group will probably take about 2 months for everyone to be close to LL370.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Same as standard iirc, or at worse 330 so either way we're fine.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    All I know is I felt super great when I was able to provide my clan a Trials engram so that all these people that normally don’t play Trials got a chance at a cool and different gun

I did not feel slighted at all that they got something cool for my hard work

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have definitely heard the community wondering why you get raid gear for not doing the raid in the past, I am not at all surprised at that change. I thought it was strange you could get rewards without doing the activity.

I think you can beef up the clan system in lots of ways that aren't giving out unique loot from activities to people that didn't do the activity.

For instance, where is PC clan chat how hard is a text chat I literally don't know but c'mon!

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Clan chat was one of the things I was most excited for with this update. I was pretty disappointed it got bumped to Summer or worse fall.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    All I know is I felt super great when I was able to provide my clan a Trials engram so that all these people that normally don’t play Trials got a chance at a cool and different gun

I did not feel slighted at all that they got something cool for my hard work

I love that gun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I have definitely heard the community wondering why you get raid gear for not doing the raid in the past, I am not at all surprised at that change. I thought it was strange you could get rewards without doing the activity.

I think you can beef up the clan system in lots of ways that aren't giving out unique loot from activities to people that didn't do the activity.

For instance, where is PC clan chat how hard is a text chat I literally don't know but c'mon!

Overwatch and Destiny 2 are pretty much the only two console games I've played in the past several years

It's hilarious how much Overwatch is a PC game with a console port as an afterthought, and vice versa for Destiny 2

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    edited May 2018
    When D2 launched, people in the clan were earning the Trials engrams. I'd go pick one up and it would be a gun at power 10. I assumed it was on purpose and since I didn't do jack to earn it, it wouldn't help me out on a power level but I could infuse something into it . Then it turned out to have been a bug. I think they should have kept that as a feature. Also, with the raid engrams, were they only leviathan or could you get lair items?

EDIT : Also I just read Obifett's comment in the MCU Infinity War thread and sir, you've won the internet.

jefe414 on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    New thread! Sorry for the delay! Was at a luncheon.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
This discussion has been closed.