As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited June 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (April 10, 2018): We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    WAR

WAR...CHANGES ON OCCASION WITH A NEW EXPANSION

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So Raid Lair Power level...
    As we discussed in the other thread, it's recommended is 370.

Gets worse, stuff at the end looks to be 380. Which was described as a "prestige" achievement to reach. As in it's going to take a good long time to get to. What the hell Bungie?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    New thread was delayed because Bungie continues to gimp clan functionality. My apologies to the mods.

Wait, on that note - did I see correctly that clan rewards will actually be providing LL upgrades?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Come on, you guys. PC already has clan chat.

You're in it right now!

This isn't discord! And also many people probably don't have multiple monitors, making it trickier to keep an eye on chat. If it's in game it'll be awesome to go "Hey anyone wanna do X" and be able to arrange it from there. It is bonkers to me that this wasn't in like, Destiny 1, even on consoles.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So Raid Lair Power level...
    As we discussed in the other thread, it's recommended is 370.

Gets worse, stuff at the end looks to be 380. Which was described as a "prestige" achievement to reach. As in it's going to take a good long time to get to. What the hell Bungie?

People said they wanted more stuff to do. Bungie interpreted that as, "We want to spend more time before having done everything" and decided the appropriate solution was "Make it take longer to do the same amount of stuff, rather than add more stuff."

Which isn't entirely fair since they did add several new egg hunts and activities but it definitely appears to have been their thinking when they decided on LL requirements for things.

And because it got bottom-of-the-thread'd:
    Come on you guys, PC already has clan chat.
    You're in it right now!
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Come on, you guys. PC already has clan chat.

You're in it right now!

This isn't discord! And also many people probably don't have multiple monitors, making it trickier to keep an eye on chat. If it's in game it'll be awesome to go "Hey anyone wanna do X" and be able to arrange it from there. It is bonkers to me that this wasn't in like, Destiny 1, even on consoles.

Yeah, in-game coordination would be pretty sweet on PS4 as well. The PSN 'community' thing is a shit-show. I don't understand why we didn't have a "flag myself LFG to clan members with a visible indicator in-game" on day 1 of clan roll-out.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I played a bunch of Curse of Osiris story content last night. Am I doing this right?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i am very excited for spire of stars

J3qcnBP.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I am very excited for Spire of Stars in a month.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm done giving Bungie money.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So having never even launched into Lair 1, how do raid lairs work? Do you do the normal raid and then go somewhere else instead of Calus' throne room? Or is it a whole other set of encounters?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    So having never even launched into Lair 1, how do raid lairs work? Do you do the normal raid and then go somewhere else instead of Calus' throne room? Or is it a whole other set of encounters?

It's a whole other set, independent of the normal raid.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Its an entirely different activity choice. You choose to do Eater of Worlds from the Leviathan activity selector.

Then you land on the Leviathan and it directs you to a different place within that structure and its a completely new set of encounters.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So why release the raid lair now if we cant play it for a couple of weeks due to the power level being too high?

Same with Escalation Protocol.

“Its ready! ... But you cant really play it” is the dumbest shit I’ve seen recently, I wonder which streamer is getting blamed for this stupidity.

It sounds like the Escalation Protocol is being cleared, but it requires getting three coordinated teams using tethers and tractor cannons to debuff mobs to boost damage into the same world instance.

Warmind Raid Lair
    been listening in on attempts at work, sounds like alot of ball touching and dunking?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    The new one is also located on the Leviathan?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    ‘More stuff to do’ always meant more grinding, don’t be obtuse. Destiny 2 had a crap ton of content at launch, more than any other time except Age of Triumph

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don’t care about light level, remove the concept entirely and just give me a director full of activities I can do and I’m happy. But I understand that Bungie has to also take other people’s views into consideration.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Not to fuel the anti-streamer/summit sentiment expressed by some, but I caught a bit of Slayerage running Escalation Protocol last night and a small sample of statements made by him and his teammates:

1. Bungie was being insincere when they told Slayerage that power progression would be slow, as he and his crew had contrived means to accelerate their power acquisition.
    2. This of course means that Bungie "doesn't think about us" (meaning the "hardcore" players like Slayerage and company)
    3. Escalation Protocol: still not hard enough, because it's just too easy to get 9 high level players in the same instance (wtf?)

In short: there is no satisfying some people. Especially people with poop in their socks. Just don't even bother suggesting they poop somewhere else.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    We cleared out Calus' plumbing in the last lair so sounds like we get to flush Emperor turd in the new one.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png

Yeah

Thats kind of the deal with the new Raid structure

Each "Year" we will get a new Raid location and the Raid that launches with the main expansion will be a proper raid like the Leviathan. Then each mini-expansion that comes out that year will add a Lair, that is like a mini-raid also in the same location as the main raid.

So when the expansion launches in the fall, we will get a new Raid in similar length to the Leviathan. And the next two expansions will each add Lairs to that location.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

we already knew that would be the case for year 1 raids

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

we already knew that would be the case for year 1 raids

i don't know why no one else already said it

Well I will definitely be down to trials or Eater of Worlds raid lair this evening, but probably will have to wait a week to try out spire of stars.

Any news on when Prestige Eater of Worlds will drop?

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I'm a little surprised people are upset the raid lair is a higher light level. It's a raid activity, those are always higher level end game things.

They've never released 3 days after the launch of new content while simultaneously requiring you to up your Power Level by 35 (assuming you were at max Power Level beforehand) in order to meet its recommended Power Level. And to top it off, nerfing sources of progression.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1151342

Posting this again as it looks like Kersev can't make it so need one more, although I guess we might be doing raid lair 1 instead, 370 light for the new one doesn't sound possible

PSN- AHermano
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised people are upset the raid lair is a higher light level. It's a raid activity, those are always higher level end game things.

They've never released 3 days after the launch of new content while simultaneously requiring you to up your Power Level by 35 (assuming you were at max Power Level beforehand) in order to meet its recommended Power Level. And to top it off, nerfing sources of progression.

Its almost like the people that are surprised have been playing this game for almost 4 years at this point and for them to be surprised its probably for good reason!

Vagabond wrote: »

Throughout most of D1 didn't the raids drop a month after the DLC?

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Chanus is responding to himself now. I think we've reached maximum saturation.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm on a fuck ton of pain meds and this thread is making me feel some type of way

Erevar wrote: »
    Chanus is responding to himself now. I think we've reached maximum saturation.

in order to understand chanus you must first understand chanus

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @Hermano — He doesn't use the boards much, but I can ask @Koz if he wants to join.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    we are all chanus on this blessed day

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i've gotten 17 of the shooties so far without looking for any guides (if there even are any). Some of them have been very tricksy although only one so far has been mechanically tricky
    one in a lost sector where the door keeps popping open just long enough to shoot it

so i'm sure i'm missing a fuckton that depend on you pushing some small button or something

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    @Hermano — He doesn't use the boards much, but I can ask @Koz if he wants to join.

Sure, that'll be great

PSN- AHermano
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    There was one that I sniped from...a long way away and I was like, damn bungie

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Because I'm still super mad about this, repost of my comment on page 101:

man fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

It's the perks of being in an active and fun clan. I don't have time to do the raid or trials, I'll never have time. I've had destiny since day 1 and I've done the raid exactly once and we didn't finish it. the only way I have a bunch of raid gear is from being in a clan and it's such a awesome thing.

this is a fucking bad change and fuck the complainers.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    cursedking wrote: »
    i've gotten 17 of the shooties so far without looking for any guides (if there even are any). Some of them have been very tricksy although only one so far has been mechanically tricky
    one in a lost sector where the door keeps popping open just long enough to shoot it

so i'm sure i'm missing a fuckton that depend on you pushing some small button or something

Excuse me, but someone in the previous thread went through the trouble of giving them the awesome name of "Shootables" and its offensive that you won't use its preferred terminology.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm not really too concerned about SoS being higher LL, hopefully we can try and if we don't get it done then whatever, we'll level up more and try again

I just want it to be fun

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I'm on a fuck ton of pain meds and this thread is making me feel some type of way

Is....
    Is it a good way?
    (come play PVP!)