As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm not really too concerned about SoS being higher LL, hopefully we can try and if we don't get it done then whatever, we'll level up more and try again

I just want it to be fun

Things being giant bullet sponges combined with everything instakilling you because of a giant PL gap kind of goes counter to that last statement

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    i've gotten 17 of the shooties so far without looking for any guides (if there even are any). Some of them have been very tricksy although only one so far has been mechanically tricky
    one in a lost sector where the door keeps popping open just long enough to shoot it

so i'm sure i'm missing a fuckton that depend on you pushing some small button or something

Excuse me, but someone in the previous thread went through the trouble of giving them the awesome name of "Shootables" and its offensive that you won't use its preferred terminology.

I just looked it up, and "shooties" is an accepted abbreviation of "shootables" in my book of Destiny Neologisms for the Everyday Pedant.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised people are upset the raid lair is a higher light level. It's a raid activity, those are always higher level end game things.

They've never released 3 days after the launch of new content while simultaneously requiring you to up your Power Level by 35 (assuming you were at max Power Level beforehand) in order to meet its recommended Power Level. And to top it off, nerfing sources of progression.

Throughout most of D1 didn't the raids drop a month after the DLC?

For minor expansions they've released within this timeframe but they didn't have requirements so far out of whack. I guess what I'm saying is:

https://youtu.be/axNSzNPh2XA

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    i've gotten 17 of the shooties so far without looking for any guides (if there even are any). Some of them have been very tricksy although only one so far has been mechanically tricky
    one in a lost sector where the door keeps popping open just long enough to shoot it

so i'm sure i'm missing a fuckton that depend on you pushing some small button or something

I made it to 35 last night sans guides. I dunno about the remaining 10 but I think only 3 had tricksy things like buttons involved and of those two were visible without finding how to actually reach them.

The trickiest one I found, in terms of actually shooting it, was
    down in the area where Rasputin's forge is located, there's one sitting on top of a see-through section of ceiling. I could not find a place to stand where I could shoot it so wound up having to hit it with a rocket. Blew myself up 3 times trying to time it right.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I feel like Bungie was screwed with this DLC regardless of what they did. Because the nature of Destiny has changed pretty heavily since TTK. There is no way to produce the right mixture of grind, of mystery, of exclusive content to please their whole audience. And their most vocal or apparently influential audience seems to be the hardcore, which skewed things pretty heavily in a less player friendly direction than existing D2 (which is a shift that will always be painful, particularly when all previous Destiny iterations seemed more player friendly).

People got pissed that Exotics didn't decrypt to high light level, but if you're sitting on a boatload of tokens/marks/shards/parts (since you have had nothing to spend them on for months), you could have spent the first hour of the release basically spamming vendors and boosting your level before even starting content. (Like that comment above re: Slayerage is exactly why we can't have nice things).

People got pissed that content is such a high level that you can't engage with it in a meaningful way three days out from release. But I remember my favorite times in D1 were feeling like there was always a goal, something always to chase and grind for, and it took me months to get Vault-ready. Should that be their target? Maybe not. But a lot of people here basically exhausted the progression model in the first few weeks of D2, so it's not too surprising that they want to slow that roll down a bit.

I wonder how much of it feels awkward because there may not be enough content to sustain the grind? Like if it took you three weeks to get Raid ready, but you felt like there was three weeks of compelling content to go chase, would it be ok? Or are we trained to grind up for a week one Raid completion, and anything else is bad form Bungo?

I dunno, I've been away from the game for months, and the idea that I won't actually have hit Raid ready by the end of the week actually enthuses me, because it means maybe there will be playing this with longer legs than before. And that I have a grind to pursue that isn't just PVP (and Redrix I'm coming for you). Because it means there is a reason to play Destiny, because actually playing Destiny remains satisfying.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - if I step away from the mindset of needing to plow through everything in week one with multi-hour sessions each night in order to hit week 1 Raid, then I can actually let the experience linger a bit more. And I respect them taking the game in a direction that is different, even if it may wind up being wrong, if only to make Destiny interesting again.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm not really too concerned about SoS being higher LL, hopefully we can try and if we don't get it done then whatever, we'll level up more and try again

I just want it to be fun

Things being giant bullet sponges combined with everything instakilling you because of a giant PL gap kind of goes counter to that last statement

Ok yes right now it may be less fun, but I mean once we are at the appropriate level in like a week or whatever

I just meant the mechanics and encounters of the lair itself, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I just want it to be fun

Ok yes right now it may be less fun, but I mean once we are at the appropriate level in like a week or whatever

I just meant the mechanics and encounters of the lair itself, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear

oh, yeah, I agree then. I really hope the content lends itself to being replayed over and over.

EoW had some great final encounters, but the stuff leading up to it was lacking. I hope that Spire has fun stuff throughout.

Speaking of spamming vendors... I got the catalyst for Tractor Cannon last night (which was really weird... I was hunting shootablies and while passing back through the southern open area I saw a yellow tetrahedron on the ground so picked it up and boom, catalyst) but my Canon was like 200something LL. I traded in ~1500 weapon parts and did not get a single shotgun.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Heroic strikes have a modifier called Glass today, which means 50% HP, add in 350 light requirement and that shit fucking sucked.

The Nightfall was a ton easier than this bullshit.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm a little surprised people are upset the raid lair is a higher light level. It's a raid activity, those are always higher level end game things.

They've never released 3 days after the launch of new content while simultaneously requiring you to up your Power Level by 35 (assuming you were at max Power Level beforehand) in order to meet its recommended Power Level. And to top it off, nerfing sources of progression.

Throughout most of D1 didn't the raids drop a month after the DLC?

And the Leviathan raid took a week to get released after Destiny 2, when most people were unlikely to be able to tackle it already.

Having the content available but you have to work to be able to access it is better than being at the right level but it not being out yet. I'm not understanding why this is a problem unless you just want to be able to do all the content now without any leveling or gear acquiring.

And they didn't really nerf sources of progression I thought? Just the types of items you can get from clan engrams?

edit: Osiris came out December 5th, Eater of Worlds dropped on the 8th.

SniperGuy on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

I just want it to be fun

oh, yeah, I agree then. I really hope the content lends itself to being replayed over and over.

EoW had some great final encounters, but the stuff leading up to it was lacking. I hope that Spire has fun stuff throughout.

Me forgetting to skip a platform during the jumping part and making everyone else fail is not lacking in fun!

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    everything bungie does to make Destiny 2 less casual SUCKS HARD for me

My light level is 314, I've completed all the single player content in base game and curse of osiris, went to start warmind last night and somehow my light level isn't even at the recommended level of the starting part of it yet (and I was at 310 originally, 314 is after last night). I couldn't understand why I died a few times and enemies had weird marks next to them.

How in the world does the single player portion of expansion 2 not basically have a starting progression from where you most likely would have left off in the single player portion of expansion 1?! I played through every spec of Destiny 1 by myself (so obviously never raided) and never had an issue like this.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    How soloable is the NF this week? Considering I'm . . . 70 LL above the requirement.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I wonder how much of it feels awkward because there may not be enough content to sustain the grind? Like if it took you three weeks to get Raid ready, but you felt like there was three weeks of compelling content to go chase, would it be ok? Or are we trained to grind up for a week one Raid completion, and anything else is bad form Bungo?

I dunno, I've been away from the game for months, and the idea that I won't actually have hit Raid ready by the end of the week actually enthuses me, because it means maybe there will be playing this with longer legs than before. And that I have a grind to pursue that isn't just PVP (and Redrix I'm coming for you). Because it means there is a reason to play Destiny, because actually playing Destiny remains satisfying.

If there was actual content to push through that culminated in a raid and took a while to get through, I would be ecstatic. I'm fucking having a blast looking for god damn blinking lights and by all accounts it doesn't even do anything. But the hunt is pretty fun.

But running into a wall after doing a short campaign feels bad. It feels artificial and it feels incomplete. Like, they don't even take the time to tell you what an Escalation protocol is, but you can do it immediately after the campaign and it's one of the only things you can do after the campaign. It feels like the natural progression, but it isn't because it's incredibly too high level and there's no way around it.

The only way to progress at this point is a few powered engrams and doing old content. That's a bummer. If it was, instead, hey you do this series of content and that opens up this so go do that and then you can do this and then the raid, and it took awhile, I'd think that was awesome.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    I'm fucking having a blast looking for god damn blinking lights and by all accounts it doesn't even do anything. But the hunt is pretty fun.

There are rewards for collecting shootables.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Since we've got a new thread, I'm gonna re-post the raid time @3clipse set up for PC on The100: http://www.the100.io/game/1151051

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

I just want it to be fun

EoW was amazing simply for the opening part. Trying to figure that out completely blind, and then as we were figuring it out, dealing with my incredibly impatient wife that insisted on jumping first every time even if someone was already on a pillar

A++ would get trolled into oblivion again. I was laughing so hard.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    The new one is also located on the Leviathan?

Yeah

Thats kind of the deal with the new Raid structure

Each "Year" we will get a new Raid location and the Raid that launches with the main expansion will be a proper raid like the Leviathan. Then each mini-expansion that comes out that year will add a Lair, that is like a mini-raid also in the same location as the main raid.

So when the expansion launches in the fall, we will get a new Raid in similar length to the Leviathan. And the next two expansions will each add Lairs to that location.

I get the length thing but it was pretty stupid to think that a story that was "Big large huge cool shit that we can't let you resolve because we need to bring you back here twice more" was a good idea for the opener.

Old Raid Spoilers
    The fake out at the end of Leviathan had to happen because of that schedule and when the hell are we going to get resolution on the stupid plot line? For an activity where we previously slapped around Gods it's a little silly to get played for a fool and then called in to be a plumber. I can only imagine that Spire is about installing a sun roof on the Leviathan or something.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Here's what I think people aren't understanding about the frustration Obi and I are expressing regarding this power level thing. Every time in the past (EVERY TIME) our group has been able to meet or be very close to meeting the power level recommendation for the raids on the day they have released. We achieved this through a good deal of planning and smart grinding. We did the same thing this time and we're FAR off. So yeah, while *you* may have not been ready for weeks for past raids, *we* have been. They turned this one from a "Top 10% get to finish this when it launches" to a Top 1%. So those of us who did put it a reasonable amount of time to get ready for the raid but didn't take time off work to no-life it are in the same boat as people who didn't play more than a few hours, who may not have even finished the Warmind story, who weren't efficiently using their Milestones. And it just feels bad. And unnecessary.

vq2TEKC.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Uh, is nightfall lower level than heroic strikes? But you can matchmake heroic strikes and not the nightfall? Wat?

Nosf wrote: »
    Uh, is nightfall lower level than heroic strikes? But you can matchmake heroic strikes and not the nightfall? Wat?

Yes, but the nightfall also has a prestige difficulty mode that is a higher level. Yes, it does seem kinda odd.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    @ObiFett I see you saw the same reddit comment I did on the new raid about people not being "entitled" to raid in the first week.

I'm so glad that you responded in such a full way. I completely agree with you. It's upsetting that this will most likely be the first time in any of the PA clans that we won't have a team clearing a raid in the first week of its release.

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Ok maybe I'm a little mad.

I imagine there must be some other groups out there that find themselves in the same boat (or even worse), I can't imagine that we're anything but above average as a group of players compared to the rest of the playerbase.

Edit: Also I hope some people on the subreddit revise their thoughts considering it looks like Datto's team are considering giving up if they can't make headway soon—after they just left to decode some more powerful engrams to try close the power level gap.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    If I recall correctly, NF is like that because of the trophy/achievement. Making the normal one higher would lock out the trophy for the person who didn't buy any DLC, making it unobtainable.

edited May 2018
    Here's what I think people aren't understanding about the frustration Obi and I are expressing regarding this power level thing. Every time in the past (EVERY TIME) our group has been able to meet or be very close to meeting the power level recommendation for the raids on the day they have released. We achieved this through a good deal of planning and smart grinding. We did the same thing this time and we're FAR off. So yeah, while *you* may have not been ready for weeks for past raids, *we* have been. They turned this one from a "Top 10% get to finish this when it launches" to a Top 1%. So those of us who did put it a reasonable amount of time to get ready for the raid but didn't take time off work to no-life it are in the same boat as people who didn't play more than a few hours, who may not have even finished the Warmind story, who weren't efficiently using their Milestones. And it just feels bad. And unnecessary.

I still think it's a good change. There are people doing the raid lair right now, but it sounds pretty difficult because of the level of gear required. I like that people have to work towards it instead of being ready to go immediately. It's supposed to be difficult long term goal content, not something everyone finishes in a week and then goes off to play other stuff. I understand how that can be a frustrating change from what you were doing previously, but it seems like a positive change overall for the playerbase.

edit: I think the clan can probably do the lair "within the week", just not probably before next tuesday. Before next Friday, probably a lot more doable!

SniperGuy on
    If I recall correctly, NF is like that because of the trophy/achievement. Making the normal one higher would lock out the trophy for the person who didn't buy any DLC, making it unobtainable.

Deej has as much as said that because DLC would make an achievement unachievable they'd fail console certification. That means they should have been bounced but neither MS or Sony are gonna do that to a Destiny sized thing without giving them a chance to fix it.

I still think it's a good change. There are people doing the raid lair right now, but it sounds pretty difficult because of the level of gear required. I like that people have to work towards it instead of being ready to go immediately. It's supposed to be difficult long term goal content, not something everyone finishes in a week and then goes off to play other stuff.

edit: I think the clan can probably do the lair "within the week", just not probably before next tuesday. Before next Friday, probably a lot more doable!

I mean they still had to work towards it in the past even if they could clear it in the first week.

Deej has as much as said that because DLC would make an achievement unachievable they'd fail console certification. That means they should have been bounced but neither MS or Sony are gonna do that to a Destiny sized thing without giving them a chance to fix it.

I also remember lots of people claiming they were getting refunds after CoO first dropped because of this (before the change, of course).

I still think it's a good change. There are people doing the raid lair right now, but it sounds pretty difficult because of the level of gear required. I like that people have to work towards it instead of being ready to go immediately. It's supposed to be difficult long term goal content, not something everyone finishes in a week and then goes off to play other stuff. I understand how that can be a frustrating change from what you were doing previously, but it seems like a positive change overall for the playerbase.

So why do you think that only professional game players/streams should have the chance to play raid mechanics blind?

edited May 2018

So why do you think that only professional game players/streams should have the chance to play raid mechanics blind?

I don't believe I said that anywhere in there nor did I imply it. I think you're capable of not watching a guide on how to do the raid before you get in there. I think this is an awfully silly question. (edit: I also think it's kind of weird how Destiny players have this thing with seeing the mechanics blind, because all the other MMO type games I've played that's -never- been a thing. If you try to come in blind they boot you for being unprepared)

I still don't even have a clue as to what the bosses in Eater of Worlds are and that's been out nearly half a year.

SniperGuy on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    What's stopping them from running it blind?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    For the vast majority of players who raid beating the raid the first week it’s out has always been an impossibility due to level scaling

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    For the vast majority of players who raid beating the raid the first week it’s out has always been an impossibility due to level scaling

Exactly. But they shifted the posts for the first time in nearly four years so even FEWER people get to beat it the first week. How is that a good thing?

vq2TEKC.png
    edited May 2018
    What's stopping them from running it blind?

The longer time goes on the more likely at least one person in the raid has seen the encounters and it's very hard for them to not accidentally let slip a mechanic and let people figure it out.
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Yeah, but that vast majority just got even larger... and I don't think that's a good change.

In fact that vast majority might even be very very close to 100% if these streams I'm watching are a true reflection of everyone running.

I don't mind if Prestige is this hard first week, but the regular raid shouldn't be this rough.

Muffinatron on
    Honestly, I feel like this is the Bungie Raid Team being vindictive that a group of (highly-skilled) randos claimed World's First on Eater of Worlds

vq2TEKC.png
    Not gonna lie, I'd kind of enjoy it if the clear rate in week 1 is 0% even among poopsock pro hard tier players.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I’m not saying it’s a good change.
    Just point out that it’s a retuning of existing progression humps.

Alt post: ha ha you’re a casual pleb like me now in this brave new ULTRA HARDCORE destiny world

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Not gonna lie, I'd kind of enjoy it if the clear rate in week 1 is 0% even among poopsock pro hard tier players.

I'd like it as a monkey's paw reference to the fact they keep on telling Bungie to make things harder.

What's the point of releasing it then? This is goosery.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I mean the Destiny community has shown that if they can't beat a raid legitimately, they'll merely bend the game to their will and cheese the hell out of it.

Not this clan, but basically everyone else will

Local H Jay on

I'd like it as a monkey's paw reference to the fact they keep on telling Bungie to make things harder.

I'm only sad that reset is no longer some stupid middle of the night time for most of them. They want World's First? Get up at 2 am and prepare to grind ya fuckers.