As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Servo wrote:
    my all time favorite darkseid moment is the buildup to his appearance in the rock of ages jla arc

DARKSEID IS

THE HOUR HAS COME!

HE HAS COME!

WHO IS BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL?!

WHO IS THE PROPHET OF ANTI-LIFE?!

WHO IS THE ROCK AND THE CHAIN AND THE LIGHTNING?!

ALL POWERFUL!

ALL UNFORGIVING!

ALL CONQUERING!

WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?!

Darkseidis.jpg

Spectre-x on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    dang shadows

i wonder if darkseid has a penis

Garlic Bread on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    yeah it's rock hard hahahahahahaahahahahaha I am so sorry what a terrible joke.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    were you addressing my post, Jordyn?

because you didn't type my name

now my ego search is going to work!

Garlic Bread on
  • The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-X owes me 50 cents.

The Luggage on
    Interminable
    edited November 2006
    I can't believe I forgot to say Keith to Keith.

I am so ashamed.

So ashamed, Keith.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Who is there for Darkseid to have sex with on Apokolips anyway? Space Germans and crazed geriatrics, mostly. Shudder.

He doesn't need the thing.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    he probably has full access to Granny's cadre of chicks.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Does he exclaim "Kuh-Doom!" when he climaxes?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Septus wrote:
    Does he exclaim "Kuh-Doom!" when he climaxes?

What the hell do you think happened to Desaad's face? Omega-Climax:

04.jpg

Hensler on
    edited November 2006
    Desaad's such a prick. I would've omega blasted him a long time ago.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-X owes me 50 cents.

What I do not owe you 50 cents

why would I owe you fifty cents?

Spectre-x on
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    he probably has full access to Granny's cadre of chicks.

Ed Asner as Granny Goodness is both the best and most terrifying decision ever.

Garlic Bread on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Jordyn, While I don't read your long posts on episodes and will never listen to your podcasts, because frankly I just don't care enough, I admire you for doing so them and applaud your dedication and vigor.

Youtube has you covered .

I also enjoyed Jordyn's podcast. I especially liked the part where they were making fun of the fact that booster was trying to sneak up on the Dr. Sucky-Chest.

durax on
    edited November 2006
    durax wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Jordyn, While I don't read your long posts on episodes and will never listen to your podcasts, because frankly I just don't care enough, I admire you for doing so them and applaud your dedication and vigor.

Youtube has you covered .

I also enjoyed Jordyn's podcast. I especially liked the part where they were making fun of the fact that booster was trying to sneak up on the Dr. Sucky-Chest.

I still haven't listened to the podcast, but when I watched that episode the other day, I was like, "Why the fuck is he creeping up on him? He just has to fly over and snap it on. It's not hard."

Garlic Bread on
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Jordyn, have you already done commentary for "The Ultimate Thrill" yet? Because it totally deserves your special touch. It is one of my favorite episodes of Batman ever.

My favorite DCAU villain is either Grodd or Darkseid. They both pull off the evil overlord thing so well; everything they do is done with utter certainty that anyone in their way is going to get royally fucked up.

Oh God, I get a thousand raging boners every time I watch Darkseid's appearance to Superman in "Father's Day."

"That is who I am."
    While I haven't seen the last season of JLU, nor the last season of Superman, the best villain in the DCAU, in my opinion, is totally The Joker.

He has the personality, the charisma, and I love how completely self-absorbed he is. He's really like the Andy Kaufman of crime.

Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
    edited November 2006
    all right, I gave Dini the link

i still haven't listened to the podcast, though

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    all right, I gave Dini the link

i still haven't listened to the podcast, though

O:

O:

O:

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited November 2006
    I did it because I am extremely tired and when I'm tired I don't care what I say or who I say it to

because, quite frankly, I would usually take a lot of time to post something on his LiveJournal

so that I can impress him

Garlic Bread on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn, if Paul Dini likes your podcasts, ask him if you could do the commentary on "The Great Brain Robbery" in the second JLU DVD set.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited November 2006
    haha, oh god that would be so cool. I really wish I could've done commentary on Maid of Honor in the second season JL set. We're going to do that episode sometime soon, because oh god we make fun of so much in it.

Also, man, I love Vandal Savage, and it's almost two bad he didn't get any love in JLU, but I also think using him again would've ruined the beautiful ending to Hereafter.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited November 2006
    Has Michael Rosenbaum appeared on any of the commentaries?

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    i watched Task Force X earlier. Coincidentally enough, I just reread Villains United last night

I love Deadshot, but man he needs to get rid of that mustache

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith, have you ever read Christos Gage's Deadshot mini? It was all kinds of awesome.

Also, fun fact: Michael Rosenbaum grew up in a small town not far from where I live, and every year he returns to play a charity wiffleball game. I almost want to show up just to be like, I dunno. All yelling, "You're the Flash dude!" Then I'd leave, considering it a day well spent.

Munch on
    edited November 2006
    No I have not read it

Feel free to send me it, though!

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    I just watched Mask of the Phantasm for the first time ever. Personally, I was surprised by the depth given to Bruce Wayne. I rewatched a few of the first season dvds recently, and all the episodes would have him delivering puns and ending the half hour on a joke. In the movie, however, they really do examine the roots and depth of his obsession along with the sacrifices he has made.

And yeah, open-mouth kissing.

It's a great deal more mature than what I had expected. I only wish the Phantasm had been a little creepier. The robot clown from the garbage yacht episode still reigns as the creepiest thing a cartoon has ever shown me, followed closely by the end of "April Moon" (or at least what I imagined happening after the ending).

Now a commentary on Mask of the Phantasm would be great, especially since I don't believe there are presently any editions of the film with commentaries.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    Mask of the Phantasm could happen sometime, maybe as like a special or something, since it's a bit longer than a 20 minute episode.

We recorded one for Hawk and Dove last night, and sorta made fun of the episode a lot because that episode has always seemed rather dumb to me. That should be up later today or tomorrow. I'll let you know when it is, and how to sync this one up, since we're trying something a bit different, and then we'll figure out what works best.

We'll be doing Comfort and Joy sometime soon for Christmas, and maybe another Christmas episode too. There's also a BB episode we want to do, and Maid of Honor is still high on my list of must comment upons.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited November 2006
    I don't have and have never seen Mask of the Phantasm. :(

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith, you're a horrible person.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Keith, you're a horrible person.
    Seriously Keith, what the hell?

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2006
    I'm breaking up with you.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited November 2006
    I am a poor person :(

I was going to rent it once but i thought "why pay $6 to rent it when I can buy it for that much"

but then I never bought it

I added it to my wishlist, though! (along with a billion disney movies)

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    I do own Mystery of the Batwoman though. :x

but really only because it's DCAU and it was traded in at GameStop and I got it for like $4

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Mask of the Phantasm has to be due for a sexy rerelease. There isn't even art on the top of the disk, much less anything resembling special features.

It'd be really fucking rad if they let Jordyn and Framling (Does he post on the boards? I have no idea who he is, besides Jordyn's fella.) do a commentary on the actual DVD. I know there's precedent for DVDs including fan commentary. Maybe if we pester Bruce Timm enough.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    (Does he post on the boards? I have no idea who he is, besides Jordyn's fella.)

he doesn't really exist

jordyn just makes him up and does a manly...err more manly voice for podcasts

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    I don't even know what a Framling is. A last name? A first name? A nickname? A small Fram?

robosagogo on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Framling always makes me think of Fraggle Rock. I don't know why, I can just imagine one of those little muppets being named Framling. And he did post here at one time, but quit a while back. He may post over in SE now or something, but I haven't been in there for a few months, so I'm not sure.

Munch on
    edited November 2006
    Fram has posted in SE for a long time. Since about 2003, I believe his joindate is. After I got an account he started posting more than he used to. He posted in GV for a while, but pretty much just reads this thread anymore and doesn't post in GV at all.

As a sidenote, he loves Fraggle Rock.

p.s. you could try pestering Paul Dini on his LJ, though I don't think he could do much. I say we take that Hillhouse guy hostage until our demands are met.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    p.s. you could try pestering Paul Dini on his LJ, though I don't think he could do much. I say we take that Hillhouse guy hostage until our demands are met.

I'll take the wife.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited November 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsVwW_gEno

I just used this to try to show someone what was lacking in Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker.

It's a crime that I don't own Return of the Joker myself, but in my defense I'm kind of an idiot.

robosagogo on