As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chrononauts[Phalla]-Game Over - Village Alternate Victory

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Am I reading the OP wrong or do we not actually know that the 'A' state is the natural state? It specifically states that our memories cannot be trusted.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Am I reading the OP wrong or do we not actually know that the 'A' state is the natural state? It specifically states that our memories cannot be trusted.

We do not know if A is the natural state.

For many nodes (I’d guess about half) A is NOT going to be he natural state. But we shall see.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

A is just the current state (based on the 3rd post). Mafia know the natural state for each node, village doesn't. Some will be A, some will be B. The comment about the memories not being trusted is, i think, because once we start getting narrations we may find out that the 1492 A state corresponds to Columbus discovering "America" while B corresponds to him getting thrown in jail and never making the trip (or whatever). Just because WE (players) "know" that A is what happened, doesn't mean that's the "correct/natural" state, as our memories could be the result of tampering, basically.

it's a disclaimer that you can't meta game it by knowing your history, essentially (at least that's my takeaway).

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I assumed it was that our PM'd conditions are in-character definitions of what you believe to be the right state, and that only 2 of the 4 are actually accurate.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    I assumed it was that our PM'd conditions are in-character definitions of what you believe to be the right state, and that only 2 of the 4 are actually accurate.

Minimum 2 of the 4 (could be 3, could be all) but yeah, that sounds essentially right.

OP says don't trust your memories (in game or out of game). The in-game part is your personally important nodes, the out of game part is the meta-gaming via history knowledge.

That's how i read it at least.

JPants on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I don't know what you're all talking about. My timeline is the objectively correct timeline.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Is @Preda still awake to help kuhl and I?

Not sure if the time zone fits for Preda to jump in at this point. If not, maybe ebum comes along (since he posted wanting to go which means he's around)?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I find these sudden team formations highly suspicious.

• Options
    Official vote closes tomorrow right?

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Gonna need to commander a time machine just to catch up on the last 150 posts

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Official vote closes tomorrow right?

Yes. Time team votes happen throughout today, but vote and mafia kill hit tomorrow night.

• Options
    Thanks. Not sure how much I can participate in those. Completely missed the first one due to work. Im available to do a thing if anyone wants tho.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Thanks. Not sure how much I can participate in those. Completely missed the first one due to work. Im available to do a thing if anyone wants tho.

After 8 pm tonight, tomorrow's time teams will be open for voting, just FYI.

• Options
    Little over an hour until Beta team votes are closed.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Little over an hour until Beta team votes are closed.

Phyphor, 1977

Votes for Beta team with 1 hour left:
    2 - Jpants, Saber, Phyphor

5 - 1977

Votes for Gamma:
    1 - Austin, kuhl

3 - 1789

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Infidel now recruiting a Team Spectrum for Gamma

Applications to my inbox. :arrow:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    SaberOverEasy

feels best to me based off the current info in the thread. I'd also volunteer to go on the next mission. How long until next team vote?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Bravo team needs no announcement, Jpants, SaberOverEasy and Phyphor are ready in their 70s apparel as the gate springs to life.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Infidel for 1789

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Alright, so we’ve Kuhl and Infidel who want to go off with gamma team to 1789.

First person to say yes they want to join them gets my vote!

• Options
    I’ll go with them

• Options
    Austin to 1789

I trust you three can work out who’s observing, preserving and reserving, right?

• Options
    Personally, I’m going to do the Time Warp.

It’s just a jump to the left.....

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay, out of work, kids are in bed, game night doesn't start for another -8 mins so I guess whenever anyone gets here.
    How do we prevent the 1985 controlled by Biff Tanin?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Personally, I’m going to do the Time Warp.

It’s just a jump to the left.....

It's astounding.

• Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Infidel now recruiting a Team Spectrum for Gamma

Applications to my inbox. :arrow:

Oh man, I remember that from the Disgaia phalla. That was a lot of fun. I wish I could join for old time's sake, but I'm already in the past.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Austin should take a break after running such a fantastic game last.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Me, to 1789

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Austin should take a break after running such a fantastic game last.

I want to make a snarky comment, but after seeing all the names on the list that don’t play regularly that are signed up....I’d probably vote for me too in order to let them play more.....

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Dinner. Done.
    Kid. Bed.
    Time travel. Done.
    Oh I've been in yesterday since tomorrow.

• Options
    I've got half an hour to gamma vote close?

2 - Austin, infidel
    1 - me, sir fab

5 votes to 1789

• Options
    We really need that third person decided so we can figure out orders before 8PST

• Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye, 1789 just to break the tie.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    An 18th Century city is seen off in the distance. The figures of AustinP0027, Infidel and Kuhlmeye begin to shrink into the vista as the gateway closes behind them. Team Gamma is off in action

Team members remember to submit actions to me and MrTlicious for your missions. You have until 8:00 PM PST today (two hours away)

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    Actions closed now right? Nothing else can be submitted?

• Options
    Alpha’s final cart went through the open gate. Every desk, chair and lamp brought out of the time period. The three gave a contented sigh as they looked over the once again unblemished landscape. It had been hard work but at various points some would take a break and drift away to explore the area a little. They considered themselves lucky, those left in base had been cooped up all day. Nearly through the gateway to return them to their time they spot a tree shake and lose a piece of paper. Quickly they gather it before heading back to base thanking their last minute look back. Though what harm could have one piece of paper done?

Gamma was not so fortunate. An enterprising group had come upon the temporal flotsam. It had taken them all day, wandering from pawn shop to pawn shop to gather everything. Returning home, they notice a rather small mob forcefully dragging a well-dressed family against their will down an alley. Disregarding the time line, they quickly came to the family’s aid employing the labs newest in non-lethal weapons. As soon as they could be certain the mob was quelled they hurried off before too many questions could give.

Beta made quick inventory of the items. Various office supplies but nothing out of place or time so they simply disposed of it in a nearby bin. With the rest of the day free they toured the city the gate had left them in, Chicago. One of the members stopped in at a local cinema to see the latest of the age. Of course, it was a classic to them, one they had seen many times. After the film they overheard a pair of men discussing it, one shorter and stockier the other taller and lankier. Deciding to play devil’s advocate the traveler joined in the discussion, taking the contrarian point of view. It turned out to be an easy argument to win, having decades of critical insights at their disposal. Later all three returned feeling pretty pleased about this whole thing. Maybe fixing the timeline wouldn’t be that bad.

Hours after everyone had returned the Doctor was analyzing data from the time line. It looked to be what they had done that day was not enough. That was expected, it would take several trips to clean everything up. What he didn’t expect was the charge capacitors of the machine. They were lower than they should have been. Sure enough, the machines input data showed irregularities too. Somebody had used the machine and what’s more knew enough to cover their tracks. What ever was going on it wouldn’t happen again. Maybe they should look at detaining some of the suspicious crew.

Time line changes
    1789 (A)->(B)
    1977 (A)->(B)

Time Strain increased by 1
    Total strain 1

Nightly PMs are currently going out

• Options
    For Team Gamma:
    Infidel - Observe
    Kuhl - Preserve
    Austin - Reverse

• Options
    edited May 2018
    All PMs are out. Day 1's afternoon begins.

Alpha team shall depart at 12:00 Noon (PST)
    Beta team shall depart at 4:00PM (PST)
    Gamma team shall depart at 6:00 PM (PST)

Temporal Stasis Vote closure at 8:00 PM (PST)

People unavailable for Missions:
    Brody
    PsychoCucumber
    Wildcat
    Phyphor
    SaberOverEasy
    JPants
    Infidel
    AustinP0027
    kuhlmeye

Nodes unavailable for Missions:
    330AD

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    See if you can't get Spielberg to put more light in the second BTTF when you're mucking around back there will you?

discrider on
  • Options
    With the Time Strain increase, one of our nodes was disrupted.

Some other groups need to report in here.