As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I feel like they should have focused on making it difficult in a meaningful way instead of just bumping up the enemy's HP and damage. It's also not a new feeling.

But then what's the point of the new 385 max LL if it's not used for anything?

Or do you think it shouldn't have been increased to that much, or at all?

Prestige difficulty should be 380. Normal should be much lower.

Well then I can understand that

except then my question is when is SotS Prestige ever going to happen when we don't even have EoW Prestige yet

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I feel like they should have focused on making it difficult in a meaningful way instead of just bumping up the enemy's HP and damage. It's also not a new feeling.

I'd even be grudgingly okay if they made the final boss on Prestige 390. As it is, it feels like they skipped normal mode entirely and went strait to hard mode (of yore, not Prestige)

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Well then I can understand that

except then my question is when is SotS Prestige ever going to happen when we don't even have EoW Prestige yet

It's entirely possible that they don't intend to implement a Prestige version that is a higher recommended light. The current situation makes sense from that angle.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I am starting to believe in the three of coins trick for Eververse engrams.

yes

yeeeessssssss

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

Well shit I wish I thought of that before turning in 5 engrams yesterday and got no Exotics.....

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

I opened 5 boxes earlier with 3oC, first one was exotic ship, rest was crap.

But I pretty much got 3 exotics out of 10’ish Prototype engrams tuesday, without using 3oC.

Sirialis on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I had IGN's raid stream running throughout my work day today. It looked like he was working harder than I was, with a character in the 360 something range. I think this is bad advertising, having the streamers get wrecked not on mechanics necessarily, but being too weak and being prevented from fixing that.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Also all of that stuff is basically post campaign and has no new interesting story things to do. Like how many public quests can i keep doing in the same area over and over again for flashpoints? What if I don't want to play crucible, call to arms does nothing for me. what if mthe rando team I'm with can't handle the nightfall?

there are so many small things that impede progress in destiny. like I still did them all post destiny 2 but post curse of osiris my desire to do them was diminished. I just want more fun story shit :\

I don't want to raid. I don't give a shit about heroic strikes or any of the flashpoints. I have two choices here. I can either accept that the rewards for doing content I don't enjoy are things I wont get, or I could do them anyway and reap the rewards until such a time as I no longer need them.

You don't like crucible? Cool. No powerful engram for you. I went without the flashpoint and heroic strike engrams the entirety of CoO and still hit cap in 3 weeks.

I see no problem here.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Just finished up a pretty quick (in my experience) raid.

Highlights include me missing my lantern with a Nighthawked golden gun.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Completing a heroic strike under leveled and not having it count towards the milestone is pretty damn annoying.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Completing a heroic strike under leveled and not having it count towards the milestone is pretty damn annoying.

even worse when its also not contributing towards a quest that requires beating 5 of the fuckers.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I got the eon drive exotic sparrow today and I kind of love it

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I gave heroic strikes a try at 345, managed to kill one of two minotaurs before dying, and figured I'd wait until I was past 350 and hopefully that issue will be fixed by then.

I was also on my own, so that probably wasn't helping, but

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    they are way easier once you hit 350 but with randos i hope you like punching yourself in the balls over and over

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think we’ve completed a total of 5 heroic strikes that didn’t count, as sub 350, trying to figure out how to get them to register. Not my favorite bug in the world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    did a leviathan run for funsies and powerful rewards with @Muffinatron @Luarithae @DOoM_13ulLeTs @Haphazard and some non PA pals (we had a swap out)

got the warlock to 360 nice

noticed i was like a hair from another bright engram on the titan so i hopped over to nessus for a pub event

all i wanted was like 200xp man damn

then got holborn’s splint out of the bright engram nice

50/50 chance now to get Hold On out of the matrix but i’m going to wait til monday and see what happens

good day

cursedking wrote: »
    BKL0YJpl_2jwgPA0nJ7_yFEfq7tjh33d2ixPMsc5OWk.jpg?w=604&s=5a6b6fa6e482b943c8506bb0e070b6cd

Now that is podracing.

I want it.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Did the LL for the leviathan prestige increase too?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Doubt it. They got pushback on it last DLC.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

Doubt it. They got pushback on it last DLC.

leviathan and eater of worlds are both still 300

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Jesus fuck, 598 deaths?

I dunno how MMOy Destiny is. I tried a couple of different MMOs and thought they were heinously boring and punished anyone not interested in poopsockery. On the other hand I have more hours logged in Destiny 1 than the next 3 games put together and I'm a third of a way to the same total in D2 in, what, 7 months?

Leveling in D2 isn't hard. Even solo. I haven't done a raid since before CoO came out and I've only even tried Trials in D2 twice, both times getting nothing. I don't think I'd played in about a month when Warmind dropped and I was still max light. Doing the solo-able weekly milestones takes like 2-3 hours, max. It might take 6-8 weeks to cap your equipment but 12-24 hours of gaming doesn't seem like a ton to max your stats. I played about 24 hours of Breath of the Wild before I decided it had even less story than Destiny and quit in a fit of boredom and I had ground out may 1/4th of the shrines in that time. I get that Destiny is a lot more repetative in that you're doing the same missions/events/patrols again and again but at least the game is mechanically engaging.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited May 2018
    Hopped into competitive crucible for the first PVP I've done in Destiny 2 in months. It a 3 man fire team and a +1 against 4 randos, including myself.

Did they say they were making it better? I mean... that's not a full fireteam. So... progress?

Also felt sluggish af. And my nameless midnight seemed to fire much slower than before.

edit: oh.. re the mm:

tastydonuts on
    Hopped into competitive crucible for the first PVP I've done in Destiny 2 in months. It a 3 man fire team and a +1 against 4 randos, including myself.

Did they say they were making it better? I mean... that's not a full fireteam. So... progress?

Also felt sluggish af. And my nameless midnight seemed to fire much slower than before.

They said they were going to take teams into account for their skill based match making, but then they turned most of it off as the DLC shipped.
    Crucible Fireteam Matchmaking: Due to issues discovered at launch, Crucible Fireteam Matchmaking changes introduced in Update 1.2.0 were temporarily disabled.

A portion of this feature has been enabled. This will slightly improve the matchmaking experience for solo players vs. pre-made fireteams in Crucible playlists.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Anyone on PC wanna do eater of worlds? Getting a group together in the discord.

I started looking around to see if I was just terribly unlucky or if it was just status quo.

Just found that tweet too. I wonder what portion they turned on.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Anybody on PS4 want to do the NF, suffer through some Heroic Strikes, or help me out with the OG raid quest shotgun strike tonight? I'll be on in a bit and dump myself in a chat party if you're interested.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Oh lordy heroic strikes when you're scraping the bare minimum light level with raid mods....

It took us several attempts but we got through one.

Only to find that I'd swapped out the stupid quest gun.

fffuuuuu

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Xur hates warlocks this week. New exotics for hunter and titan, old shit for warlock and Prometheus Lens trash.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Oh lordy heroic strikes when you're scraping the bare minimum light level with raid mods....

It took us several attempts but we got through one.

Only to find that I'd swapped out the stupid quest gun.

fffuuuuu

To be fair, the Glass modifier was not helping things with the Exodus Crash boss.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Xur hates warlocks this week. New exotics for hunter and titan, old shit for warlock and Prometheus Lens trash.

If it makes you feel any better, the Titan exotic is completely worthless.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Working on the Ikelos quest. Damn they want you to do a lot of killing with that hand cannon.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    BKL0YJpl_2jwgPA0nJ7_yFEfq7tjh33d2ixPMsc5OWk.jpg?w=604&s=5a6b6fa6e482b943c8506bb0e070b6cd

Now that is podracing.

I want it.

Holy crap

I would pay cash money for that

Not cash money for a slot machine turn with a chance at getting it mind you, just to be clear.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Catalyst drops have been perfect. My first two are the Tractor and Vigilance Wing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Crimson was putting in work for us today in the crucible. The gun feels so chunky and good now. You hit your shots and it deletes a dude in a second or so. Team shooting a dude with two crimsons feels so dirty

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Just wrapped up the Sleeper quest. Turns out that last step is very doable solo and sub-360.

Now I can pachooooooooo all the bosses.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

I'm confused, did they change his stock? He had Knucklehead Radar earlier, which isn't new.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Working on the Ikelos quest. Damn they want you to do a lot of killing with that hand cannon.

You just have to have it equipped, you can get kills with other weapons.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Destiny is an MMO if you mean moderately multiplayer online.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited May 2018
    Spire of Stars stuff :)
    Hope you all had a Happy New Raid Lair Day!

So, NAT Burn (Tuesday) took a shot at a blind run of the newly opened Spire of Stars this evening. I was feeling kinda down all day because of the recently revealed recommended power level of 270 and dreading a bit the difficulties that would entail. However, what followed was 5 fun-filled hours of what makes the Destiny group experience unbeatable. Maybe it was having some pressure off of not having to clear the entire Lair this time, but this felt more relaxed and more enjoyable than the original Leviathan raid and Eater of Worlds.

We got the opening encounter mechanics fairly easily, just took some time figuring out which configuration was better to execute. Then we spent a while exploring the ship to get to the next encounter. Our diligence paid off however, because we were rewarded with 2 loot chests along the way! The next part was an outrageous multi-phase cluster that was really fun, but I know will end up being super tedious the 20th time we run it. After that, we decided to check out the last Boss and see how far we could get. Turns out, not very, because insane enemy levels stomped us hard! The crazy shenanigans of the previous fight (as well as the fantastically wacky theme of the first Leviathan raid) lead me to believe that this part will also have a bunch of ridiculous phases to beat.

Anyway, I got a lot of good stuff including the new gauntlets and leg armor (plus 2 exotic engrams that both turned into 263 Riskrunners) bringing my Light Level up to 261! :P Oh, and this was in one of the prototype engrams too:
    hmf04vhgna5q.jpg
    :o

So, a huge thanks to @Booker, @Erevar, @ObiFett, @patrkslayzy23, and @Vagabond for another epic adventure!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom