As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Xur hates warlocks this week. New exotics for hunter and titan, old shit for warlock and Prometheus Lens trash.

I'm confused, did they change his stock? He had Knucklehead Radar earlier, which isn't new.

There has now been... 32? maybe 33 times that Xur has not sold Stomp-EE5. Seriously, fuck Xur.

On the plus side, I got Vespulaser on Xbox and PC and my PC version has fast summon. Now if I could just get the "Hold on" emote for PC.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I got that new Warlock Exotic chest, Sanguine Alchemy.

It does precisely fuck all in PvE, besides looking cool I guess?

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    It's a pvp exotic that provides wallhack sight for you and your team when you rift I heard. it's greatest perk is looking baller however

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i got armamentarium last night and was sad to learn it does not give you a third pulse grenade

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Beezel wrote: »
    It's a pvp exotic that provides wallhack sight for you and your team when you rift I heard. it's greatest perk is looking baller however

I wanted to test the sight range with ordinary PvE enemies but it doesnt target them.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Anyone gonna be around noonish EST for nightfall stuff today?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    We tried the raid lair last night and, par for the course, the instance glitched and we couldn't progress after the first encounter and had no idea it glitched! So after 45 minutes of trying to activate something that couldn't be activated, I went to bed.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    We tried the raid lair last night and, par for the course, the instance glitched and we couldn't progress after the first encounter and had no idea it glitched! So after 45 minutes of trying to activate something that couldn't be activated, I went to bed.

Our Destiny 2 blind raids are 3 for 3 on bizarre glitches.

• chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Re: the cool lore thing that @ObiFett posted a few pages back.
    It got solved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8iv74k/rasputin_chamber_puzzle_completed_by_visiting/?_branch_match_id=513118352515917060

Some people are upset but regardless of whether the reward is "fair" or not this type of lore stuff is so awesome.

chemicalkb on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    chemicalkb wrote: »
    It got solved.
    https://reddit.app.link/i0y4DXRjRM
    Some people are upset but regardless of whether the reward is "fair" or not this type of lore stuff is so awesome.

That's really cool.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Who thought Heroic Strikes above the soft cap was a good idea?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Heroic strikes have a modifier called Glass today, which means 50% HP, add in 350 light requirement and that shit fucking sucked.

The Nightfall was a ton easier than this bullshit.

Oh what the fuck? No wonder we got our asses kicked on the one run I tried last night (first time I tried Heroic Strikes with the changes). I had a couple of “Last Guardian Standing” moments and saved us from wipes, but uh ... there is no way us randos were going to beat Xol. Glad to know it was twice as deadly and we weren’t super squishy by default.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It got solved.

Do you have a non app link?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    It got solved.

Do you have a non app link?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited May 2018
    Fawst wrote: »
    Heroic strikes have a modifier called Glass today, which means 50% HP, add in 350 light requirement and that shit fucking sucked.

The Nightfall was a ton easier than this bullshit.

Oh what the fuck? No wonder we got our asses kicked on the one run I tried last night (first time I tried Heroic Strikes with the changes). I had a couple of “Last Guardian Standing” moments and saved us from wipes, but uh ... there is no way us randos were going to beat Xol. Glad to know it was twice as deadly and we weren’t super squishy by default.

I did Savathun’s Song last night, by the time I triple wardcliff’ed her stupid mega Shrieker in the face and killed it, I was the only Guardian left standing... A little too close, also Ogres and Wizards almost instakills you.

I didnt feel like doing anymore Heroic Strikes after that.

Sirialis on
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So, I'm probably going to pick this up since it's only $12. Lets see if I stick with it longer than I stuck with the first one.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Got the Huckleberry and the On the Phone emote the other day so I’m feeling pretty good. My goodness is the Huckleberry fun to shoot.

The exotic tuning pass might be low key one of my favorite things ever to happen to this game. Since then I’ve played with so many other guns I never bothered with before. Not only things like the Grav Lance and Crimson, but the other night I was running Sturm and Drang and...goddamn are they fun now..

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
    Why isnt the Valkyrie an exotic weapon?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Either:

A) They've decided PvE Event weapons need to remain exclusive to those events to preserve the special feeling derived from their use

or

B) The entanglement of PvE and PvP makes a weapon like Valkyrie too hard to balance for both contexts while remaining fun.

(Or both. Probably both.)

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It also lets them be separate from the normal ammo economy, allows them to not have to compete with other weapons for their weapon slot, and having to go over to the javelin and pick it up can be another tool in encounter design.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The same reason the cannons from House of Wolves weren't. Balance mainly involves controlling the usage.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    That is a super disappointing secret.

edit: woulda been better if some rando had found it while out on a walk with their dogs or something.

Nosf on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    yeah, that would have been a neat broken way to end the ARG.

Alternate ending:
    As "actually present" and "physically present" are two different things, Live Twitch streamer Johnny takes all the coins to give to the the subs on his channel!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don’t understand the need to be disappointed about everything

Chanus wrote: »
    i don’t understand the need to be disappointed about everything

Because I can only experience disappointment in life vicariously. Obviously.

SMC raid run was a good one this morning. got my titan to 362 now and picked up a huckleberry which is fun but i dunno that i’ll actually use because SMGs are hard

one more raid tomorrow morning and all else i have to do really is grind catalyst requirements on borealis and DARCI which should uh

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It got solved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8iv74k/rasputin_chamber_puzzle_completed_by_visiting/?_branch_match_id=513118352515917060

shit, that's like an hour and a half from me, we have a family summer camp about 30 minutes from there. I'll be headed up in 2 or 3 weeks, maybe I can force myself to get off my ass and go into the woods (I hate hiking lol)

Chanus... do we need to stage an intervention for you?

This content's gotta last at least a few weeks. :o

Chanus... do we need to stage an intervention for you?

This content's gotta last at least a few weeks. :o

i mean i haven’t stopped playing yet despite a lack of content

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Allow me to elaborate: It's an awesome raid secret for like, that one person!

assuming nobody does what I said in some fashion, it'd be awesome for other people too. perhaps they restock it.

I like using Wardcliff Coil, apparently the Catalyst makes the rockets track better, anyone know if its a noticeable improvement?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    who says you need to weapon swap a lot when using the lionbro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADeB5WmImQ&feature=youtu.be

im going to do a short video about how this weapon actually works because its fucking BIZARRE and the passive is nearly totally incorrect as a description of how it actually resets

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    The Huckleberry? Oh dang I liked that movie, can't wait to see what this new hand cannon looks li- what. What.

It's a submachine gun?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i also have a theory about how the "reload weapon on melee damage" exotic will work with it but i need to get it to test

obF2Wuw.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck you are turning me into a leonaman

J3qcnBP.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    The Huckleberry? Oh dang I liked that movie, can't wait to see what this new hand cannon looks li- what. What.

It's a submachine gun?

The submachine gun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    i also have a theory about how the "reload weapon on melee damage" exotic will work with it but i need to get it to test
    Was actually just coming here to talk about that. Back in D1 is was a chance to reload on melee damage, and you could take a throwing knife perk that inflicted a burning DoT that had a chance to proc it every single damage tick. Didn't work with smoke grenade though. In D2 it's a guaranteed reload, but we don't have incendiary knives anymore and smoke grenades still don't proc it. However, we do have explosive knives, and the splash from those does count for proccing it. As well, the splash comes a split second after the damage from the knife impact itself, which counts still counts for proccing the perk itself. So, you can throw an explosive knife, reload your weapon from the impact damage, and then immediately switch to another weapon, which if you timed it right, will then get reloaded from the explosion damage.
    Wanna do a bit more testing with arcstrider. Wanna see if I can get something similar to explosive knives to happen with the bottom tree's AoE blind melee, and with the subclass's super as well. Doubtful on both accounts. I don't know if there's even any delay to the AoE blind to swap weapons during, and if there is the melee animation might still keep me from switching weapons. With the super I'd have to use an attack just as it runs out to have a chance. I think there are some attacks it has that have a moment of delay or travel time, so they might work for this. There's also the top tree that makes each hit deal a second hit a moment afterward. Against targets beefy enough to survive the first hit that could help as well.
    Oh, fuck. I just realized I forgot to test if you could get a shot off inbetween the explosive knife impact and explosion and get a gun to reload from them twice. Might be some handy triple rocket shit there.

cB557 wrote: »
    Oh, fuck. I just realized I forgot to test if you could get a shot off inbetween the explosive knife impact and explosion and get a gun to reload from them twice. Might be some handy triple rocket shit there.
    I JUST TRIED IT AND IT WORKS!

• chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    I've barely played hunter so most of this vaguely makes sense to me but the theory crafting of it really gets me going.