As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] "I'm only dooting you because I can't doot myself."

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh that's true, not sure how the Tuesday nerfs hurt Stukov. Seemed strong in a game or so yesterday, but that's a small sample size.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Mmmm okay I gotta gush over my boy Kael'thas a bit more SORRY NOT SORRY

I'm so fucking in love with the new Ignite talent. Like FUCK it's so goddamn good. For the longest time, Fury of the Sunwell was his only choice at 16 and I've never liked it. It feels like its main value is zoning which is zzz, you're rarely gonna catch someone with both strikes. So it was pretty bleh to me.

And then along comes Ignite back into my heart. And it's balanced now! It's just a nice safe way to apply a long ranged Living Bomb with extra upfront damage and it's so fucking good. And then you take Flamethrower at 20 and shit gets REAL spicy. You can singlehandedly destroy any fucking backline, it's insane.

I also VERY much appreciate the new Energy Roil. Gravity Lapse costing 90 mana is fucking ridiculous and so this is a nice solution. A band-aid solution, maybe, but it exists and I'll take it. E only costing 20 mana is like, the biggest of fucking boons. RNGesus himself came down from the heavens to grace KT with an actual goddamn blue bar it's crazy. Cause you're not gonna be landing every E, right. And even with Nether Wind, those misses fucking hurt. Plus you get this huge 9 sec CDR when you do land it and it's back up super fucking soon. I wrecked a Genji's fucking soul by chaining off low cd E's and he couldn't do shit. Stunned him out of his W, his E was down because he engaged with it, I stunned him again in his D landing spot.

At this point I've settled on a build, more or less: https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/kaelthas#kdio

Fel Infusion or Mana Addict at 1, either is good, take Addict if you really need the survivability of the shield/anti-dive.

Energy Roil forever and always. Fuck. Fuck.

Sun King's Fury is the best bang-for-your-buck general value talent, and I am a huge fan of general value talents like these. Ones that require next to no additional actions on your part, they just work on their own all the time always. I might look into Sunfire Enchantment. 19% spell power is mighty tempting with Fel Infusion. I'll report back after trying it.

Phoenix as a default, Pyro if you can get away with it. If there's any doubt in your mind at all, just go Phoenix.

Backdraft is my pick of choice lately. I think Fission is a trap. If Living Bomb is spreading, then 20% extra range does nothing for you. If it's not spreading (people are playing around it, etc), then... 20% extra range still does nothing for you.

Ignite, as detailed above, is the crux of this build. SO. FUCKING. GOOD. Prior to 16 you almost never use D+Q except to confirm a long range kill. Post 16, D+Q is the default.

Flamethrower turns you into a fucking Railgun. A Railgun made of flames and burnination. It's so fucking satisfying to snipe the backline and just watch their healthbars fucking melt.

YO KT'S GOOOOODDD

I fucking love general value/best-bang-for-your-buck builds/talents, I'm so glad there's a build that finally supports that. Never liked Nether Wind (not gonna land every E)/Mana Tap (just not enough), never liked Fury of the Sunwell.

KT's a spicy boi

edit:

Dc7sklBVwAUs_De.jpg

yeah i mean like, dat damage tho...

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is anyone's game freezing randomly or acting like the connection drops for like a second, since the patch hit?

It's started doing it the same day as the patch and I can't tell why.
    I just did a full reinstall and it still does it.

I hope it's not my hardware but it's so weird.... hadn't done that since my last SSD was bad (and it'd show the SSD spike, this time all shows normal).

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    You know what would really help with Support choke? Releasing more supports.

I'd rather they fixed supports like uther and rehgar to be worth picking for any other reason than cleanse.

Yeah, I mean, honestly, right now? I don't like picking anyone but Li Li or Cain or Lucio. Maaaayyybbee Brightwing. Their big support nerf just left too many of them with nothing to really do but heal, and a lot of them don't make great healbots.

This isn't really right. Stukov is great, and he has a significant role besides healing.

Malf is in a similar position, roots are quite important, albeit probably less so than Stukov's silence. Malf makes up for it though because his healing is so dynamic, you have to work for the heals.

I agree supports could use some love, but you ignored two of the more powerful and non-healbot supports!

I can't play malf at all since the Elune's Grace/Range increase talent went away on him. Like, he went from an easy carry to dumpster tier for me after his rework, so I might be biased on him.

Kharazim I lost like two update/reworks ago, rip.

Stukov... I see nothing but idiots going Arm all day erry day and getting outhealed by like, Rehgar and Tyrande and shit. It's bad. The meta curse is real with him.

But a lot of healers, like Rhegar and Uther and Ana and Morales and then you've got the "off supports" like Medivh and Tyrande and poor, poor Tassadar who are barely playable at all because they've got nothing. Actually, I take that back, they're just super, super niche. And it sucks because they're basically not in the game because Blizzard can't figure out the support/healer role.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    @MMMig did you uninstall the Bnet app too?

Arrogant Nephalem are playing their second-to-last match of the regular season! These next two matches determine if we make the playoffs in our division. Come watch!

Steam profile
    @MMMig did you uninstall the Bnet app too?

I didn't. I'll try that!

Oddly enough playing off of my tethered cell phone I had no lag spikes. Very odd indeed. I'll check with my isp as well.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Those matches last night ... sure were something else. The weekend is fucking real, guys. It isn't just some thread myth. Like, going into Friday night, I had a full green board on my match history. I think it was like 8 wins and two losses. Then Friday night happened, and I immediately suffered, what, 7 straight losses? Eight? I don't even remember. The frustrating part was that a vast majority of those matches were literally decided by one person picking some ridiculous off-meta hero that couldn't have possibly worked in their wildest dreams.

The weekend is fucking real.

I've seen it.

edited May 2018
    we have double tank (anub/leo) vs double support (deckard/ana)

full teamcomps are genji/kael'thas/deckard/anub/leo vs deckard/ana/murky/nazeebo/muradin

we lose every teamfight.

"we just can't kill them" says the anub, who took locust swarm instead of cocoon

"gg, double support too strong" says the leo, who took march instead of entomb

ana is nanoboosting deckard every teamfight so he's SHITTING OUT HEALS. boy, yknow, locust swarm though. that sure was the right pick. who needs to cancel out nanoboosted deckard when you can tickle people with some bugs?

not to mention how utterly suicidal our tanks were

gee, wonder why we lost that one

WEEKEND HOTS, Y'ALL

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Dibby wrote: »
    we have double tank (anub/leo) vs double support (deckard/ana)

full teamcomps are genji/kael'thas/deckard/anub/leo vs deckard/ana/murky/nazeebo/muradin

we lose every teamfight.

"we just can't kill them" says the anub, who took locust swarm instead of cocoon

"gg, double support too strong" says the leo, who took march instead of entomb

ana is nanoboosting deckard every teamfight so he's SHITTING OUT HEALS. boy, yknow, locust swarm though. that sure was the right pick. who needs to cancel out nanoboosted deckard when you can tickle people with some bugs?

not to mention how utterly suicidal our tanks were

gee, wonder why we lost that one

WEEKEND HOTS, Y'ALL

I just had a guy pick Junkrat last when the comps were: Us - Blaze/Guldan/Auriel/Thrall Them - Garrosh/Anub/Valla/Uther/Kael'Thas.

We lost every fight badly. Just could not engage vs. that frontline. Our Guldan having lowest hero damage on the team didn't help either. But honestly it was over on the Junkrat pick.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Those matches last night ... sure were something else. The weekend is fucking real, guys. It isn't just some thread myth. Like, going into Friday night, I had a full green board on my match history. I think it was like 8 wins and two losses. Then Friday night happened, and I immediately suffered, what, 7 straight losses? Eight? I don't even remember. The frustrating part was that a vast majority of those matches were literally decided by one person picking some ridiculous off-meta hero that couldn't have possibly worked in their wildest dreams.

The weekend is fucking real.

I've seen it.

Lately i tend to only play on the weekends and my history reflects it.

steam_sig.png
    Had a chromie and a diablo on our team.

Leo took march of the black king.

We lost.

My shocked face.

NotParadox continues to be the most informative Hots-related channel on YouTube.

This video helped me a lot with regard to understanding Firebat, which is a hero that I was really disappointed in because he didn't end up being what I wanted him to be. Turns out, though, he's pretty much exactly what I always wanted him to be, but I was constantly being told that he wasn't. Feels good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zglmLzgDR8&t=0s

Okay, yeah. So I've been on Firebat most of the day, and I've finally come around to him. He doesn't outright win every off-lane matchup, but there really isn't any matchup he loses. At the very least, he just breaks even with his ridiculous self-sustain. He's also capable of clearing waves and mercs really quickly, and adds a tremendous amount of teamfight potential with Bunker.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    seeker li ming is so satisfying.

on that note
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mW1y1RW80&feature=youtu.be
    #regret

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Okay, yeah. So I've been on Firebat most of the day, and I've finally come around to him. He doesn't outright win every off-lane matchup, but there really isn't any matchup he loses. At the very least, he just breaks even with his ridiculous self-sustain. He's also capable of clearing waves and mercs really quickly, and adds a tremendous amount of teamfight potential with Bunker.

I've come around SO so much on Bunker lately.

I used to hate it, cause my teammates would never get in it. Or they'd get in and stay in (instead of getting in-firing off a Q-getting out, aka Bunker hopping, which is what you're supposed to do).

But then I realized it's primarily a personal defensive tool, for you. You pop it when you're in danger. Teammates utilizing it well is just a bonus, but the primary benefit is for you.

Blaze is real real good though. One of my fave tanks for sure.

Not toooo sure about the Merc thing though? Maybe after finishing Grill and Kill, but even then hmmm. Still somewhat slow to cap. I guess if you're taking Aspd Stim+Incinerator Gauntlets?

DNiDlnb.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Well I think they nerfed bunker hopping to make it no longer worthwhile for DPS purposes.

Abathur, Chen, and Cho'Gall have been drafted in this Buffalo vs. Cal Poly game.

edited May 2018
    forty wrote: »
    Abathur, Chen, and Cho'Gall have been drafted in this Buffalo vs. Cal Poly game.
    This game is crazy. Really good so far!

Edit: Really good to the end!
    Cho'Gall and Aba win!!!

forty on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    This game is crazy. Really good so far!

Edit: Really good to the end!
    Cho'Gall and Aba win!!!

That was insane. I'm flabbergasted!

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Bunker mitigates all kinds of bullshit. It's huge in teamfights. It is frustrating, though, when people ignore it. Like we played a match earlier on Towers of Doom against a Chromie, and I literally told everyone during the draft that I would save Bunker for her Temporal Loop. And that's what I did, but people still kept getting picked off -- I literally ran up to our Kel'thuzad while he was getting rewound, dropped the Bunker, and watched in quiet anger as he walked right by and got blown the fuck up. I had to tell him again, "If you get looped, jump in the Bunker".

"Oh okay."

It isn't fucking rocket science, man.

Literally just lost a game because nobody would take my Bunker all match.

Kael Pyroblasts, I drop Bunker. Ally runs away.
    Johanna gets caught out of position post-20, I charge in from behind to stun her attackers and drop a Bunker. She runs away.

All fucking game. After level 20, it gives you fifty armor for 3 seconds. You can literally duck into this thing and save yourself from a Pyro, then take fifty percent reduced damage from the rest of the enemy follow-up.

And people are fucking blind to it.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Have you dropped some helpful hints? "Hey all, if you have a miniature sun chasing you, jump in the bunker for safety!"

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Literally just lost a game because nobody would take my Bunker all match.

Kael Pyroblasts, I drop Bunker. Ally runs away.
    Johanna gets caught out of position post-20, I charge in from behind to stun her attackers and drop a Bunker. She runs away.

All fucking game. After level 20, it gives you fifty armor for 3 seconds. You can literally duck into this thing and save yourself from a Pyro, then take fifty percent reduced damage from the rest of the enemy follow-up.

And people are fucking blind to it.
    People don't want to blaze it with you, Burner hippie scum.

butts
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm going to say this is karmic retribution for refusing the call Blaze by his name.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I refuse to call him that

I'm going to say this is karmic retribution for refusing the call Blaze by his name.

excuse me that's his slave name

how dare you

DNiDlnb.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Well I think they nerfed bunker hopping to make it no longer worthwhile for DPS purposes.

Did they? That would be sad. Offensive Bunker is like the show-off move. I've nabbed 2 or 3 kills on an enemy by bunkering and immediately nailing them with the flamethrower just as they think they were about to escape.

shryke wrote: »

Did they? That would be sad. Offensive Bunker is like the show-off move. I've nabbed 2 or 3 kills on an enemy by bunkering and immediately nailing them with the flamethrower just as they think they were about to escape.

No, bunker hopping was nerfed because it simply let you avoid too much damage.

I've seen clips of like, bunker hopping to avoid every swing of a Dragonblade. It was kinda nutty, he'd pop out, Genji would try to swing, he'd pop back in.

But yeah basically being able to exit Bunker with no cooldown was... kind of dumb. And if anything it actually discouraged using the Bunker's Q. The now-implemented cd on exiting Bunker does in fact encourage you to actually hit Q now.

DNiDlnb.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Lost a game today on BHB where the enemy core had 32% left on it. They all showed top to get the boss, so me and 2 others pinged their core. We get there and unload everything we got, they back and start fighting. After the dust clears, their core is at 2% and we lose to their counter-push.

What went wrong I asked myself. Then I noticed that our damage dealers, Jaina and Hanzo, both decided to stay back and clear lanes. Oh weekend HotS, never change.*
    *Joke was on them, this was unranked! I'm not losing my points this weekend!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Heroes of the Dorm
    Fucking Canadians ruining my bracket. Screw Canada!

@Saint Justice sorry, baby started freaking out so had to bail. Looked like we were on a good position, hope you won!

Steam profile
    shryke wrote: »

No, that still works. But yeah I guess I misremembered why they nerfed it. I thought people used to be able to get Qs out faster by bunker hopping before they added the cooldown.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i really like cassia.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Damn Alarak is so much fun to play.

Last game yesterday, finished my Q quest 20 secs into game with the triple hit, then two double insta-kills later that game and topped hero dmg.
    *cheff kiss*

Even better with the Alarak announcer judging himself.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Damn Alarak is so much fun to play.

Last game yesterday, finished my Q quest 20 secs into game with the triple hit, then two double insta-kills later that game and topped hero dmg.
    *cheff kiss*

Even better with the Alarak announcer judging himself.

Yeah, Ive heard two unique voice lines from that announcer when you play him, it's great

Tried Rhegar for funsies after my team drafted an auto-loss comp. Wow, he is REALLY, REALLY bad right now. Like honestly borderline unplayable. They really need to fix the support issue... again. Like, Rehgar has garbo healing, but if he had decent damage/waveclear/mercing, it'd be fine. But he doesn't because they took all that away, but left the garbo healing. Just a terrible toon right now.

lol I went back through some of my old videos today and it's hilarious watching some of these games. Like, remember back on-release Garrosh? It's insane to think that he used to have that oppressive fucking pull on his Q. Also, Stukov + Lucio because this was pre-Supportpocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95MPHP0NU0s

Also, REMEMBER GREEN HEALTH GLOBES??

• tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    Also, REMEMBER GREEN HEALTH GLOBES??

This is all I can think of from these last couple posts, lol.

CyrTLElWIAEWVE_.jpg

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID