As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Yeah, how many strikes is it to rank 50 with Zavala?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2018
    akjak wrote: »
    Yeah, how many strikes is it to rank 50 with Zavala?

Depends on how many tokens you started with. It’s 1,000 tokens to get to 50.

Starting fresh, I’m not sure how many strikes that is. You get a bunch from nightfall and heroic milestones, and 5-7 from heroic strike chests, and more from the daily strike challenges, and a bonus if the strike playlist is the overall daily challenge. Probably less than a 100 strikes.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Anyone around for a PS4 nightfall at the moment?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Updated the Ghosts spreadsheet for all the ghosts currently shown on DestinySets. The site says it's still filling out the Warmind stuff so there might be more to be added later.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YEy7KREnSnk5N4w1DSJxmFF4d8AUBfuDt_2MtNxrzxI/edit?usp=sharing

cB557 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    some areas of some enemies seem to be tagged in a way that the fighting lion projectile doesnt detonate - and for those enemies, you can hit them in that area, kill them with projectile damage, and still have the projectile to play with

sillier still i discovered a boss earlier whose shoulder bounced projectiles - so if you hit the shoulder you needed to manually detonate the bounce - but one projectile dealt projectile damage twice before detonating anyway for free damage, analagous to the old armour designs which inadvertently caught swords in the neck area

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    I got the eon drive exotic sparrow today and I kind of love it
    BKL0YJpl_2jwgPA0nJ7_yFEfq7tjh33d2ixPMsc5OWk.jpg?w=604&s=5a6b6fa6e482b943c8506bb0e070b6cd

Now that is podracing.

I want it.

It’s so ugly, it’s kind of adorable

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So I guess since Scatter arrow has been removed from Overwatch, it found a new home via the Sleeper Simulant.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    some areas of some enemies seem to be tagged in a way that the fighting lion projectile doesnt detonate - and for those enemies, you can hit them in that area, kill them with projectile damage, and still have the projectile to play with

sillier still i discovered a boss earlier whose shoulder bounced projectiles - so if you hit the shoulder you needed to manually detonate the bounce - but one projectile dealt projectile damage twice before detonating anyway for free damage, analagous to the old armour designs which inadvertently caught swords in the neck area

I’m not sure I understood what was happening in the video you posted earlier. Were you sometimes getting a free reload by direct kills, without meleeing or switching to the kinetic?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The prospector is...pretty interesting now. I don't know what I want to make out of it.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    The prospector is...pretty interesting now. I don't know what I want to make out of it.

It's fun in the crucible, eight rounds, sticks to walls and the burn effect, all very useful

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so for those of us that have been away since CoO what exactly are the changes to Nightfalls and should we be making those a priority now?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Elki wrote: »

I’m not sure I understood what was happening in the video you posted earlier. Were you sometimes getting a free reload by direct kills, without meleeing or switching to the kinetic?

making a full vid today, but short answer is the passive is totally different to what it says it is. there are two conditions you have to meet to get a reset:

- have dealt fighting lion damage (NOT just killed, although kills count) to literally any enemy in the last 5-ish seconds
    - got a kill with any non-fighting lion damage on any target (this stacks to 2), including melee, grenades, other weapons, supers etc

so if you get a kill with anything, shoot the fighting lion and hit anything (to activate the tag) you get a second shoot immediately, then kill something with melee (it resets)

and if you were to go single kill with kinetic, shoot two fl shots, kill 2 enemies with a grenade, you would then get 2 more fighting lion shots (immediate reload + the stocked second reset)

its actually pretty fun but the description is totally wrong. this means you can kill an add, shoot 2 grenades at a boss, kill 2 adds with melee, shoot boss with 2 more grenades forever without ever reloading

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    borealis masterwork complete

now to never shoot it again

also the tracking is totally broken, you need 150 kills with each element, now that it’s masterworked it shows me i have killed 148 enemies

i was getting kills by using my super and also sometimes by not using anything at all

pretty neat

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

making a full vid today, but short answer is the passive is totally different to what it says it is. there are two conditions you have to meet to get a reset:

- have dealt fighting lion damage (NOT just killed, although kills count) to literally any enemy in the last 5-ish seconds
    - got a kill with any non-fighting lion damage on any target (this stacks to 2), including melee, grenades, other weapons, supers etc

so if you get a kill with anything, shoot the fighting lion and hit anything (to activate the tag) you get a second shoot immediately, then kill something with melee (it resets)

and if you were to go single kill with kinetic, shoot two fl shots, kill 2 enemies with a grenade, you would then get 2 more fighting lion shots (immediate reload + the stocked second reset)

its actually pretty fun but the description is totally wrong. this means you can kill an add, shoot 2 grenades at a boss, kill 2 adds with melee, shoot boss with 2 more grenades forever without ever reloading

Mind blown.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The Heroic Strikes queue is so bugged it's absurd:

The modifiers updated mid-strike, which invalidated it counting towards the milestone.

The new modifiers are Blackout + Grenadier. And if you go to launch the queue, there's a high probability for the launcher to show you that it's just going to send you into Exodus Down instead of a random strike.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    The Heroic Strikes queue is so bugged it's absurd:

The modifiers updated mid-strike, which invalidated it counting towards the milestone.

The new modifiers are Blackout + Grenadier. And if you go to launch the queue, there's a high probability for the launcher to show you that it's just going to send you into Exodus Down instead of a random strike.

I had this happen the other night, the modifiers weren't updating though and my buddy in my fireteam before queue still got credit for the strike. We were a little underleveled and it took us like an hour to do that single heroic strike, I nearly uninstalled when it said 0% on the milestone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Thanks to @Muffinatron and Quipfilter for taking me along to the nightfall. I got just the drops I need to push me to 350 :D

Beezel on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    you cant seem to get double shots in pvp. it resets but does not double stock - if you look here i smg the first person while fl mag is full, tag the second with fl damage for the kill, that would be a double stock but i have to reload for the third

in fact it felt like the passive worked as written for pvp which is... weird?

https://youtu.be/ON9k8aqCsTM

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Man deej is so bad at his job

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

I'm actually really enjoying where the difficulty is at. Up till now D2 has either been stupid easy or hard in that crappy bullet spongy way that prestige released at.

I like where it's at now. There's some content to grind towards and some goals to work for.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i dunno

getting repeatedly one hit killed by things you can’t see coming isn’t challenging, it’s fucking tedious

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »

I'm actually really enjoying where the difficulty is at. Up till now D2 has either been stupid easy or hard in that crappy bullet spongy way that prestige released at.

I like where it's at now. There's some content to grind towards and some goals to work for.

Spire is still crappy bullet spongy this week. <_<

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    There’s a difference between a challenge and bullet sponges. Did they learn nothing from Valus Ta’aurc?

Meanwhile, I’ve got my Titan up to a whopping 346. Yay.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Escalation Protocol being base 370 is one of the dumber decisions they've made.

Instead of being excited to try the new thing, I leave the area when someone starts it, because we won't finish a single round anyway.

• Options
    They were at least thoughtful enough to make completion of the Protocol step for Sleeper only require doing Wave 1 three times, as opposed to completing Wave 3.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    They were at least thoughtful enough to make completion of the Protocol step for Sleeper only require doing Wave 1 three times, as opposed to completing Wave 3.

Which has had approximately a 95% dropoff in activity between the first couple days and now, it seems. And I’ve yet to see a Level 1 completion. Ugh I have to get the heroic strikes in. Maybe I’ll try to work on that tonight.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    So no heroic strikes for me this week I guess? No way I can be 350. So no way to actually complete that milestone. Feels bad. Unless 344 would be good enough? I'm guessing not.

Also, I'm failing hard at the eververse engram Marshmallow Test. I know I should save them up and open 4 or 5 of them with a 3oC, but it's so hard not to just go open up all the shiny things in my inventory...

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Escalation Protocol being base 370 is one of the dumber decisions they've made.

Instead of being excited to try the new thing, I leave the area when someone starts it, because we won't finish a single round anyway.

yes i keep getting harassed by rude hive while im wandering around and im like go away pls im tryin to keep my head down and earn an honest living thank u : )

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i dunno

getting repeatedly one hit killed by things you can’t see coming isn’t challenging, it’s fucking tedious

Yeah it’s a really stupid reaction. That doesn’t mean the game is harder, it just means there’s an arbitrary gate up that skill can’t get you over.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Raid Lair in a couple of hours on ps4 if anyone's interested. Need 3 more

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1152802

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Which has had approximately a 95% dropoff in activity between the first couple days and now, it seems. And I’ve yet to see a Level 1 completion. Ugh I have to get the heroic strikes in. Maybe I’ll try to work on that tonight.

i mean for most people there’s still no point in trying them so why would they keep doing it?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    So I've found 23 or 24 shootables, about a dozen spots that would've made for really good shootable hiding places, and so many invisible walls.

Nothing like jumping from one platform to the next identical platform only to come to a dead stop midair.

I complain, but I'm really loving this particular bit of the expansion.

• Options
    By the by, has anyone done a significant amount of wandering around with their Ghost out? Feels like there could be some of those invisible platforms from the Dreadnaught hidden somewhere.

• Options
    By the by, has anyone done a significant amount of wandering around with their Ghost out? Feels like there could be some of those invisible platforms from the Dreadnaught hidden somewhere.

i haven’t noticed any warning bloops that didn’t point to scannables but maybe i haven’t been close enough to any

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I’ve been stuck for about 2 hours on trying to solo the final fight of Bracus Zahn for the raid shotgun quest if anyone wants to take pity and hop in my game on ps4 so I’m done with this bullshit in time for the 1800 est raid lair...

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    @jefe414 - "I can't get past this invisible barrier."

"That's just a glass window."

:rotate:

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Look, those Cabal insist on really clean windows.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So I've decided I probably want to grind out Redrix's, which means I guess I need a team. Anybody on xbox looking to wade into the comp cesspool? I bring the following things to the table:

- Top bantz*
    - Aggressively inconsistent pvp ability

*May not be true.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    So I've decided I probably want to grind out Redrix's, which means I guess I need a team. Anybody on xbox looking to wade into the comp cesspool? I bring the following things to the table:

- Top bantz*
    - Aggressively inconsistent pvp ability

*May not be true.
    I have sufficiently low standards to take you up on this. When would you wanna do this?