As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I will also play competitive on XB1 in a foolish pursuit of this awesome gun.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The Secret Wednesday raid team on Xbox managed moderate success in our blind run of the new raid lair!
    We cleared the first two encounters, the first on Friday, and the second when we reconvened earlier today. We didn't even bother with the boss. I'm looking forward to it next week when we'll be at a more reasonable light level.

We then ran through the first encounter a second time on our more powerful alts, clearing it first try. After that we spent a lot of time getting the secret chests in the platforming section on all our characters for fun and profit.

I'm still cross with Bungie for making the raid lair 370, but I'm glad we managed to get as far as we did. It should be a fun raid in a month.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    So I've decided I probably want to grind out Redrix's, which means I guess I need a team. Anybody on xbox looking to wade into the comp cesspool? I bring the following things to the table:

- Top bantz*
    - Aggressively inconsistent pvp ability

*May not be true.
    I have sufficiently low standards to take you up on this. When would you wanna do this?

I am free to play pretty much whenever. Got a knee problem so I'm off work for the foreseeable so I can keep a US favourable schedule.
    Just hmu whenever it's convenient for you.

I'll probably be tooling around in game for the rest of the night so if you want to make a start this evening that's fine, if not then yeah just whenever you want to get a group together just give me a shout.

This offer is good to anybody else who wants to get in on this as well, just shoot me a message or invite if you see me on and we can commence the misery.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah why not

I hate myself enough to play this game again

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think the hardest part about this DARCI masterwork is other idiots running around shooting things

i wish i could buy heavy ammo synths and go sit in a lost sector

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    every time i find a good quiet spot some shithead comes running in all cannonball like

fuck you dude i’m working here

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I guess the Clan XP powerful engram is bugged? That kinda sucked to find out after sitting on them for a while.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Looks like my xbox one raid group has a spot open tonight for prestige raid, PM if interested.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think the hardest part about this DARCI masterwork is other idiots running around shooting things

There's an adventure on Mars that makes four major phalanxes regularly spawn around the futurescape during one step. I used that for a bit of grinding.

• Options

There's an adventure on Mars that makes four major phalanxes regularly spawn around the futurescape during one step. I used that for a bit of grinding.

oh nice i’ll have to check that out

do you happen to remember which? map location of the marker is an acceptable response

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I won my first two matches of competitive solo! This isn’t so bad!

I lost the next three in a row. Now I’m back at 0 points. Hooray!

...then I went 12-0 over a perfect sweep match of Countdown. What the fuck even is this matchmaking doing to my emotions?

Fawst on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    My thanks to @hermano and co for putting up with my general incompetence for several hours in the not-new raid lair tonight. It was fun and I’m moderately less incompetent now!

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    every time i find a good quiet spot some shithead comes running in all cannonball like

fuck you dude i’m working here

As much as I dislike the area in general, I have been running replays in the Infinite Forest missions for this. I am alone, lots of open sight lines and the heavy ammo rains out of the goddam sky.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I've played 36 hours since Warmind released on Tuesday. I have 0 exotic catalysts.

Fuck RNG.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options

oh nice i’ll have to check that out

do you happen to remember which? map location of the marker is an acceptable response
    Incursion, picked up in Glacial Drift. I think the phalanxes are step 2 or 3.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I do t understand why exotic catalysts are both random and secretly triggered.

If I knew what caused a given catalyst to drop then I could grind that in hopes of getting the drop I want.

If they’re going to be secret then it should just be a matter of “you accidentally do the thing, you get the catalyst”.

I’ve gotten three of them so far, all for guns I either almost never use or, in one case, have never used ever, and I have definitely not played 36 hours since release.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So is mobility still a garbage stat or did that "Go Fast" patch do anything about it?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    I've played 36 hours since Warmind released on Tuesday. I have 0 exotic catalysts.

Fuck RNG.

I've played a very large amount (at least 20 hours) and have one, yeah it's pretty obnoxious.

On another note, I fucking love the Mars Titan armor. This is the first armor set we've had in D2 that looks like just a chunky Titan power armor. The rest were pretty much all either medieval knight style armor or that weird rectangular model that Shelter in Place/Retro-Grade TG2 use.

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    So is mobility still a garbage stat or did that "Go Fast" patch do anything about it?
    Mobility was underrated but the Go Fast update did increase its benefits.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Fuck RNG.

I've played a very large amount (at least 20 hours) and have one, yeah it's pretty obnoxious.

On another note, I fucking love the Mars Titan armor. This is the first armor set we've had in D2 that looks like just a chunky Titan power armor. The rest were pretty much all either medieval knight style armor or that weird rectangular model that Shelter in Place/Retro-Grade TG2 use.

The models are solid, but the Mars armor commits the cardinal sin of having giant yellow/orange patches that don't change with shaders.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Fuck RNG.

The planet models were pretty diffo

But also everything except big box or flower pot shoulders is bad and should feel bad

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Three of Coins is a trap, y'all.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm at 28 shootables so far. I know I'm going to be entirely useless at finding any of the ones that require you to activate a thing first, like the one @cB557 posted. Can anybody tell me how many of those there are, so that I know when to look up the ones I have left?

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    it tells you on the map of mars

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    The only other one I've found close to that one is the one in the boss room of a lost sector where the boss still has to be alive.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    My first attempt at ranked had someone leave immediately. Fuuuuuu

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    My first attempt at ranked had someone leave immediately. Fuuuuuu

the best part is it counts against you! I mean even Blizzard figured this out eventually so I'm kinda baffled.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    The only other one I've found close to that one is the one in the boss room of a lost sector where the boss still has to be alive.

it doesn’t have to be the boss, just at least one mob

• Options
    the two catalysts i’ve gotten have been borealis and DARCI, two guns i have literally never used and will never use again unless i decide to try for that crucible ornament which i will probably never get because i am no good with sniper rifles

doesn’t feel much cooler than not getting any

also @CptHamilton if you hover over the catalyst slot on an exotic it does tell you at least the kind of thing you have to grind to try and get one to drop

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    At least one of them is just like “kill enemies of humanity” which seems like...everything and everyone so that chance must be vanishingly small

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Anyone encountered a bug where certain blue armour mod's can't be traded in for the purple at the gunsmith, despite having the 3 stack and enough space?

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    At least one of them is just like “kill enemies of humanity” which seems like...everything and everyone so that chance must be vanishingly small

Crimson is like that and in like 50 hours so far I haven't gotten it

• Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    Anyone encountered a bug where certain blue armour mod's can't be traded in for the purple at the gunsmith, despite having the 3 stack and enough space?

a few people have mentioned that that i've heard

• Options
    I really want the catalyst for Wardcliff Coil, I just hope it doesnt disappoint.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Nope, and I definitely don't have a Gdoc with this list in it:
    Evil Non Purples (12):
    Head:
    Self-Repairing Mod
    Arms:
    Energy Bracket
    Impact Absorption
    Chest:
    Kinetic Munition Loader
    Leg:
    Acceleration
    Energy Counter Balance
    Cloak:
    Solar Impact
    Arc Ordnance
    Bond:
    Void Ordnance
    Arc Impact
    Mark:
    Void Impact
    Solar Ordnance

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Several times.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    cursedking wrote: »

You have to put EVERYTHING in the vault, or, at least, loads of stuff.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    So, I have embraced the Linear Fusion Rifle gods. I found that I had a Tarantula in my vault that was something like LL 200 or less, infused it up, and have discovered what I've been missing all my life.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So, I have embraced the Linear Fusion Rifle gods. I found that I had a Tarantula in my vault that was something like LL 200 or less, infused it up, and have discovered what I've been missing all my life.

Work towards Sleeper Simulant - you're in for a treat.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »

I think I hit Hive Knights for 36000 the other day with it. (Solar damage+ and Power Ammo+ modifiers)