As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was looking at an Imperial Knight the other day, found some space wolf mod kits for it.

Then I realized it'd cost me $200 to put the thing together. Jesus, I never realized it was a $150 box.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Is there a price for the Titanicus box floating around yet?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I think the tournament house rules crowd are very aware of how their missions affect the meta - that's the whole point. Whether they're as effective as they imagine at increasing competitiveness or an improvement at all I honestly don't know, I personally find I like any mission as long as my games actually get to finish without going to time.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So the other day my 15 y/o son had an unexpected day off school and I'd had plans to go play Space Hulk with a buddy, so rather than leave him home to do whatever teenagers do I took him with. He'd so far made a bit of fun of me getting back into 40k and painting what my wife refers to as "little army men", and had no interest in my Death Guard.

But a funny thing happened after we got back from my friends place... He asked if Space Hulk was Warhammer, to which I said "kinda" and explained the difference. He said it looked like a lot of fun and asked if 40k was similar. I described it to him and showed him the new Admech codex I'd picked up a day prior and he thought they looked awesome. We talked table top a bit more and he wandered off to play on his phone.

He came back to me later with a list of armies he was interested in learning more about... Tau, CSM, Drukhari, and Admech.

I told him if he's really interested that I'd grab him a start collecting box and he could use my paints. He liked the Tau, but when I described that they were good guys he lost interest. He wants to play villains. I think he's settled on Chaos and I couldn't be more proud :lol:

Planning on getting together with a friend of mine for a skirmish night so he can try playing and see what he thinks, and if he likes it grabbing him a SC CSM box.

He's already using materials we have in the garage to build terrain. :biggrin:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Svenska wrote: »

Nope. But be aware that there will be multiple “starter” boxes; one with the rules and some terrain only (IIRC) and one (the Grandmaster edition) with two Warlords and some knights. The terrain is also extremely modular and will be available in a couple of different sized boxes too. Also worth remembering that the plastic Titans come with only a few options; all remaining weapons and other customisations will be available through Forge World. Finally, Warhounds will be done in plastic but they weren’t on show because they’re either still being designed or have only just been finished, so they might not be out on release day in August.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    40k warhounds are pre CAD, right? I can imagine that making those takes a bit longer now.

• Options
    Yeah, and a part of me is hoping they subtly redesign the AT warhound then scale it up to replace the 40k version because those moulds have got to be wearing out by now and CAD/CAM replacement would make everything crisper and more consistent. Easier to build, too….

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I picked up some Deathwatch stuff NIB super cheap at a yardsale today (the deathwatch terminator box and a deathwatch transport), so now I have four upgrade sprues. I'm pretty sure this lady was selling her kid's stuff since after he went to college or whatever because there were a bunch of regular models cars and some videogames as well. I have a feeling the original owner is going to be furious whenever they come back to visit.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to build any Deathwatch models, or just use the Terminators and Razorback for my Space Marines army, but either way I'd just like to remind everyone to keep an eye out for garage sales.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    So the other day my 15 y/o son had an unexpected day off school and I'd had plans to go play Space Hulk with a buddy, so rather than leave him home to do whatever teenagers do I took him with. He'd so far made a bit of fun of me getting back into 40k and painting what my wife refers to as "little army men", and had no interest in my Death Guard.

But a funny thing happened after we got back from my friends place... He asked if Space Hulk was Warhammer, to which I said "kinda" and explained the difference. He said it looked like a lot of fun and asked if 40k was similar. I described it to him and showed him the new Admech codex I'd picked up a day prior and he thought they looked awesome. We talked table top a bit more and he wandered off to play on his phone.

He came back to me later with a list of armies he was interested in learning more about... Tau, CSM, Drukhari, and Admech.

I told him if he's really interested that I'd grab him a start collecting box and he could use my paints. He liked the Tau, but when I described that they were good guys he lost interest. He wants to play villains. I think he's settled on Chaos and I couldn't be more proud :lol:

Planning on getting together with a friend of mine for a skirmish night so he can try playing and see what he thinks, and if he likes it grabbing him a SC CSM box.

He's already using materials we have in the garage to build terrain. :biggrin:

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Svenska wrote: »

The rumor floating around is that the big box will be GW’s most expensive starter box ever made.

Which has me scared.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    to anything else that triggers on a six. This means that Tzaangor enlightened with bows who hit you in overwatch auto wound you.
    Thank you. And My Will Be Done style abilities do NOT work in Overwatch, right?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    to anything else that triggers on a six. This means that Tzaangor enlightened with bows who hit you in overwatch auto wound you.
    Thank you. And My Will Be Done style abilities do NOT work in Overwatch, right?

You cannot modify an overwatch roll except through specific stratagems and abilities.

So guard have one stratagem that makes you hit on 5+ instead of 6+ or the Ta'u sept ability I think.

You do get rerolls and such.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Some of the Harlequin Masques look crazy.

40kHarlequins-May14-SoaringSpite4hv.jpg
    40kHarlequins-May14-SilentShroud6ny.jpg

Fusion bomb Starweavers! Leadership shenanigan Eldar! So many new options!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Abbreviated Battle Report snippet:

Destroyers are really good / I expect them to die immediately each game now. They chew through targets and I even had a hero Destroyer with one wound left who got two sixes in two separate overwatches to shoot down two hard charging Warlocks trying to take his final wound. And of course one his friend Destroyers came back as they could not finish him.

Warriors and Immortals take so long to move across the field, it makes me wonder if Mephrit is a trap.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Abbreviated Battle Report snippet:

Destroyers are really good / I expect them to die immediately each game now. They chew through targets and I even had a hero Destroyer with one wound left who got two sixes in two separate overwatches to shoot down two hard charging Warlocks trying to take his final wound. And of course one his friend Destroyers came back as they could not finish him.

Warriors and Immortals take so long to move across the field, it makes me wonder if Mephrit is a trap.

I think it's why they have a lot of interesting options like the ghost ark and other things they help them move more quickly around the field
    Just looking at my army I lack much of that
    Which I find interesting as I lack many of the heavy hitters and hq for my tyranid army so it's coming back to me what I wanted to do with these armies at the time just they gained a lot of stuff since I played last

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Made a new Necron list. Gonna play this and the two battalion list for a while to see which I like more and modify as needed.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons) [101 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

[Reference] Warlord Traits (All)

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Mephrit

+ HQ +

Cryptek [5 PL, 95pts]: Chronometron, Staff of Light

Overlord [6 PL, 129pts]: Artefact (Mephrit): The Voltaic Staff, Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light, Warlord

+ Troops +

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: 10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: Gauss Blaster, 10x Immortal

+ Fast Attack +

Destroyers [18 PL, 300pts]
    . 6x Destroyer: 6x Gauss Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Monolith [19 PL, 381pts]

+ Flyer +

Night Scythe [8 PL, 160pts]

++ Total: [101 PL, 2000pts] ++

I want to use my Nightbringer at some point, might try to find a way to fit it. Can I run the Nightbringer as a Transecdant C'tan?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Made a new Necron list. Gonna play this and the two battalion list for a while to see which I like more and modify as needed.

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Overlord [6 PL, 129pts]: Artefact (Mephrit): The Voltaic Staff, Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light, Warlord

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +

Monolith [19 PL, 381pts]

+ Flyer +

I want to use my Nightbringer at some point, might try to find a way to fit it. Can I run the Nightbringer as a Transecdant C'tan?

It's a different thing rules wise

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +

Monolith [19 PL, 381pts]

+ Flyer +

Yea, I know but they are both still C'tan so I was hoping rules wise it wouldn't matter.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +

Monolith [19 PL, 381pts]

+ Flyer +

Yea, I know but they are both still C'tan so I was hoping rules wise it wouldn't matter.

Ask your opponent, but I'd imagine most people would be pretty cool with it.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I'm pretty anal about accurate model stuff and I wouldn't mind.

• Options
    If I build a Deathwatch army I would be super tempted to get the Captain Titus head from the Sternguard Veterans box and run him as a Black Shield and see if anyone noticed. A man has to atone for opening up a ton of warp portals and almost causing the Imperium to lose a vital Warlord class Titan producing Forge World to a Chaos invasion while only just barely stopping the creation of a new demon prince, right?

• Options
    Which head is that?

• Options
    Which head is that?

YsJ3RfZ.jpg

Titus and Sidonus are both included in the kit, you can use pretty much any bald head to make a Leandros as well.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damn Leandros to the warp. Damn him I say!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Today's rumor engine looks suspiciously like slannesh is in the pipeline.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Well, laying pipe is definitely in the Dark Prince's wheelhouse.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Slaanesh or nids or any other clawed monster. At this point I figure they will taunt me with new almost Slaanesh but not like the Morathi stuff for all eternity.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +

Monolith [19 PL, 381pts]

+ Flyer +

It shouldn't. I'm certainly going to do that if I ever run a Transcendent C'tan. The general rule of thumb is how hard is it to get confused over something. If you've got just one C'tan model on the battlefield, it doesn't really matter which rules he's exploding guys under.

• Options
    I know my friend and brother wont care but I'll come with two lists and ask my opponent so I'm ready to switch if needed.

Im thinking of maybe dropping the two Night Scythe for a Transcendent C'tan but I like the Night Scythe.

• Options
    So, uh, Adeptus Titanicus (the wargame) is dropping in August and it’s looking amazing. Do any of you plan on getting a set, and do you think we need a separate thread?

• Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    So, uh, Adeptus Titanicus (the wargame) is dropping in August and it’s looking amazing. Do any of you plan on getting a set, and do you think we need a separate thread?

I plan on getting a set. Hard to say if we will need a separate thread, not yet at least as there is hardly any info yet.

• Options
    My dick is so hard for Titanicus.

I love love love giant stompy robots.

• Options
    Are they normal sized or tiny?
    as one of the videos did a good scan of what was shown and it looks like it's in the old epic scale

• Options
    Are they normal sized or tiny?
    as one of the videos did a good scan of what was shown and it looks like it's in the old epic scale

They are Tiny, close to the epic scale but not exactly, slightly larger than old epic but definitely much smaller than standard 40k.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I think AT is 8mm scale? It seemed like the biggest titans were about the size of 40K knights.

• Options
    Between Terminators/Centurions/Aggressors, Dreadnoughts, and Knights, it seems like a nice thing about Titanicus is that it should be easy to proxy models with existing 40k miniatures. This should give people the ability to give the game a shot before dropping money on some actual models.

• Options
    edited May 2018

More
    to the preview of the Harlequins this time with warlords Stratagems and other fun things
    jvpc8ppwnnuf.png
    1vz21d334o03.png
    xz0ks8zrtj1w.png

Still I feel I am going to build a sideline force to work with what I have of the flavors of aeldari just I await and see if they have what I talked about earlier

Brainleech on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm just reading through the Deathwatch codex now, and they sure are fighting the Hrud a lot. Has there ever been any mention of the Hrud having weird time powers before? They're now "chronophages" and hyper-age an entire IG regiment and a bunch of marines.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Yes in the xenogoly book

• Options
    Guys I'm so hyped to run a flying circus build when the Harlequin Codex drops. Just zooming around the map with a casual 28" move pew pewing all the things.