As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    What makes all the difference to me is that McQuarrie designs have square intakes that could lead to anything, even an impulse engine, while the actual movie designs lead to half of a turbine. Half of a turbine doesn’t work.

http://serpentorslair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/dashing-resistance-pilot-poe-dameron-oscar-isaac-stands-alongside-his-trusty-x-wing-fighter.jpg

They aren't really turbine blades. WTF they do who knows.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    What makes all the difference to me is that McQuarrie designs have square intakes that could lead to anything, even an impulse engine, while the actual movie designs lead to half of a turbine. Half of a turbine doesn’t work.

http://serpentorslair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/dashing-resistance-pilot-poe-dameron-oscar-isaac-stands-alongside-his-trusty-x-wing-fighter.jpg

Science fiction/space magic!
    In a universe where they have mastered anti gravity to the point it can be used for a teenage farmboy's first ride, the actual drives could be powered by pretty much anything.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular

If I were to guess, I'd say those aren't turbines we're seeing on the Incom-FreiTek 5L5 Fusial Thrust Split-Engines, but actually electromagnetic gyros and retro-thrust nozzles, which of course don't need to be a full circle to operate.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    First panel super relevant.

831299891_hziEo-L.jpg

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    2nd and 3rd panels relevant as well IMO. We all agree that there’s a certain level of disbelief required, and anytime something changes we need to readjust our perceptions. Remember how people were reacting to Kylo Ren’s lightsaber crossguard? The form itself raises questions about function: can lightsaber blades slide down each other necessitating it’s need? If so, why haven’t they before? If there’s one complaint I have about the current Star Wars design team it’s that the lore is volatile enough that we do see things behaving differently from movie to movie.

So science fiction space wizards not withstanding, seeing that those engines aren’t turbines does allow me to enjoy the design.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I always figured engines/turbine design was like that because it was inspired by some real-world ship at the time. Plus they perfectly aligned with the 4 engines exhausts on the back, causing me to link them together as a set of 4 engines. The half engine design of the T-70 breaks the symmetry in my mind. :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I sold my fairly small collection of stuff about a year ago

Might get back in on 2E, which seems like an amazing amount of changes

The only problem is my friends who play started playing it on Tabletop Simulator and now they never want to play it in-person again

6F32U1X.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The problem is my brother gave up on it last summer with the return of 40k
    Shadespire and Nercomunda gleefully took it's place because well both of us wanted more of a reason to play it other than just because
    Which is my rant of missions and campaigns

We still have all the ships and such just it's going to be hard justifying getting the upgrade packs when I can just get another warband or two for Shadespire and still have cash left over

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Shadespire and Nercomunda gleefully took it's place because well both of us wanted more of a reason to play it other than just because

We still have all the ships and such just it's going to be hard justifying getting the upgrade packs when I can just get another warband or two for Shadespire and still have cash left over

Did you ever play Heroes of the Arturi Cluster? My friend and I have been chipping away at that over the last 18 months or so.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    webguy20 wrote: »

Did you ever play Heroes of the Arturi Cluster? My friend and I have been chipping away at that over the last 18 months or so.

No

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    webguy20 wrote: »

No

It's a free campaign for X-wing thats available online in PDF form. It's real fun if you want a structured form of play for X-wing. the players are the rebels and a neat AI systems governs the empire ships.

You should check it out!

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Reading between the lines of the press conference, supposedly the new app will support and encourage that kind of play too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Reading between the lines of the press conference, supposedly the new app will support and encourage that kind of play too.

God I hope so. If it can function as a card generator I won't have to reinstall Photoshop to make a new version of Ewok Marines!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »

So many broken picture links in that thread makes me sad, though ...

Elvenshae wrote: »

Well, shit.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Well, shit.

That's the new photobucket for you
    A cash grab that broke the internet

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

God I hope so. If it can function as a card generator I won't have to reinstall Photoshop to make a new version of Ewok Marines!

Not a card generator, but lets you set costs, restrictions, etc.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Man, that's really the best song too.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    edited May 2018
    A reminder that in about 30 minutes, ffg is going live on twitch for unboxings of the conversion kits. So more info will be incoming.

Edit:

Status report! ... Where do I begin...

Athenor on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    MAN
    that was some good shit

I'm pretty excited for the HWK?????

Begin somewhere please i wanna know real bad and I’m at work!

6F32U1X.png
    TIE Striker gets a bomb slot

Let's see what I can do about posting other stuff

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TIE Striker gets a bomb slot

Let's see what I can do about posting other stuff

Striker 2k moved to 1k.

Lambda has coordinate and reinforce.
    Defender gets another shield, x7 baked in, 2k red. Ryad k turns now white.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited May 2018
    https://imgur.com/a/2wdaaoi <<<< use this link

Does this link work?
    This is all the screen caps I managed to take.
    Didn't get everything though, and they talked about some things that weren't on cards.

Edit:
    Some comments I made, but didn't take caps of -
    y-wing is getting a bunch of upgrade icons
    bombs, gunner, ept on most elite pilots, etc

awing has vectored thrusters
    after you perform an action, you can red boost
    blue 2s, 3-4-5 blue straight
    3 sloops
    5 k turn
    5 actions
    incl TL
    barrel roll
    and boost

bwing next
    4/4 hull/shield
    1 tallon rolls
    3 blue straight
    still has 2 kturn
    linked broll

tie fighters mostly the same
    sabine pretty much has same ability
    ezra attack shuttle mostly the same

docking is attached to the ship itself
    sheathipede has reverse maneuver
    gives Ghost coordinate

ghost has reinforce
    ghost rear arc gets shoots with the docked shuttle out the rear
    phantom can re-dock to ghost
    title is "you can dock at 0-1 range"

auzituck: 3/1/6/2
    red broll
    reinforce (reduces attacks to a minimum 1 damage)
    has a stop maneuver

moldy crow title: adds front arc primary with 3 dice
    and has old moldy crow
    (though limited; maxes at 2)
    in the same title

uwing has red coordinate
    more blue
    medium base
    pivot wing title lets you flip before you activate
    and you can turn 90 or 180 deg when you do a 0

kwing - medium ship
    SLAM
    white reload
    dual-rotating arc primary

Engine upgrade turns red boost white

no more cannon upgrade on the yt-2400

z95 slightly improved
    red barrel roll

only 1 bonus attack per round in general

Expert Handling makes red b-roll white

Dash rendar: "when you move, ignore obstacles"

hera (ghost): 5 initiative, same ability

jan ors similar to 1.0 - target ship needs to be in your arc

crimsoncoyote on
    I didn't catch it at first, but anything with an up arrow on a charge recharges 1 token a turn.

edited May 2018
    Vader with targeting computers is gonna be stupid. :)

Edit: Wait, misread, you are activating so the targeting sensors would override Vader.. right?

7Z2sgff.png

m07Pg9y.png

Athenor on
    You'd be able to use Vader's ability after you perform the Adv Sensors action after you reveal.
    Vader's ability reads as you being able to use his ability multiple times per turn? Dunno if there's any innate limitation on Force abilities.

You'd be able to use Vader's ability after you perform the Adv Sensors action after you reveal.
    Vader's ability reads as you being able to use his ability multiple times per turn? Dunno if there's any innate limitation on Force abilities.

The limitation is the charges. He has 3, and recharges 1 a turn.

edited May 2018
    Adv Sensors, TL, Focus->Barrel Roll into blue maneuver would be strong with Vader.

Also, I just noticed that Advanced Targeting Computer doesn't prevent you from spending TL anymore.

crimsoncoyote on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Oh, pilot skill and ability nerf to Miranda Doni. Good

oh h*ck
    Updated the imgur link

https://imgur.com/a/2wdaaoi (if you dont want to scroll back)

Is it too early to start wondering when we'll see the new TIE from Solo on the table?

I found this picture of the new TIE model from the trailer with a little information on Nissan's site. I'm not sure how they got the Star Wars license for car dealers, or why there's a Star Wars license for care dealers, but it's an interesting looking fighter.
    dvisv6vpu5lp.png
    HEAVY ARMORED TIE FIGHTER
    Full Technical Name: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE/rb heavy starfighter
    Compensating for the relative fragility of the unshielded TIE starfighter is the armored TIE/rb, a reinforced heavy starfighter with much more powerful laser cannons.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I love when they put turrets on TIEs as if the field of view isn't 90% blocked.

edited May 2018
    I think those are front-facing fixed cannons, not turrets

crimsoncoyote on
    edited May 2018
    It does have kind of a ball turret look to it where it's mounted.

Maybe it rotates along the vertical axis rather than horizontally?
    That would help if you had someone chasing you, or if you had to make attack runs on large, fixed emplacements or strafe a capital ship. You could fly straight forward, following the ship's hull instead of having to dive straight at it.
    I love when they put turrets on TIEs as if the field of view isn't 90% blocked.
    It's still a better location then the TIE Tank's turreted laser.
    Of course, any bar set by the TIE tank is pretty easy to clear.

see317 on
    http://heroesoftheaturicluster.blogspot.com.au/2018/05/mission-02-capture-officer.html?m=1

Scroll down a bit for the pictures. Pretty neat format, I'd definitely consider it if I still had Photoshop. Whole blog for HotAC. If any of you play in Tabletop Simulator I'd love to see this!

01%2BMoff%2BLankin.png

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Who have we seen that have Force powers so far?

I know we've seen Luke, Vader, Asajj Ventress, Grand Inquisitor, and Regular-Ass Inquisitor, but that doesn't seem like a ton

6F32U1X.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Emperor.