As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotel prices last year

z0raz0ra Registered User regular
Hello Everyone! I've been searching for the prices of hotels last year, specifically the Hyatt and Sheraton. I found that rooms at the Hyatt are going to be ~290? I don't remember how much the Sheraton was.
I've been to the Sheraton and it was nice, but I heard that the bathrooms at the Hyatt are amazing and have soaker tubs. They even have a hot tub!? I get super sore after walking all day cause of a car crash a few years ago and a soak in a tub really helps.
But if the price difference is too much I'll just bring some ibuprofen lol

The hype has gotten to me and I want to figure out where I want to go!

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I can't speak to Sheraton, although I think it was around $199 a night.

Hyatt however, I screenshotted last year. It was $225 a night for a single bed and $250/2 beds. Prices go up depending on occupancy
    fsfmptjhut18.jpg

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    '16 Grand Hyatt was $217 per night ($252.85 with tax) and '17 Grand Hyatt was $225 per night ($262.10 with tax). I estimate $271.35 per night with tax this year. But keep in mind that the Grand Hyatt charges a $50 per night security deposit that is returned as long as you don't trash the room.

The tubs are amazing, but I've never heard about a hot tub. Maybe that's for the Olive 8? It's across the street and looks the same from what I've heard. They have a pool if I recall, so probably a hot tub.

I believe $199 is correct for Sheraton. It's usually cheaper than Grand Hyatt if I remember correctly.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    2017 Sheraton 1-Bed was listed at $209, after tax it was $242.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    CKing wrote: »
    The tubs are amazing, but I've never heard about a hot tub. Maybe that's for the Olive 8? It's across the street and looks the same from what I've heard. They have a pool if I recall, so probably a hot tub.

I can confirm the Grand Hyatt's tubs are incredible after a long fun day of PAXing :biggrin: .

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I think I'm leaning towards the Hyatt, there's not too much of a price difference after all.

• Options
    KopeAcetic wrote: »

I can confirm the Grand Hyatt's tubs are incredible after a long fun day of PAXing :biggrin: .

I'll have to pick up some bath bombs before I go, I'll be covered in glitter and smelling fabulous all weekend

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    z0ra wrote: »
    I'll have to pick up some bath bombs before I go, I'll be covered in glitter and smelling fabulous all weekend

They have individual sized bath liquids to add to the tubs already that they refill daily! :).

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    KopeAcetic wrote: »
    z0ra wrote: »

They have individual sized bath liquids to add to the tubs already that they refill daily! :).

And they happily give you extra if asked. I like my baths with extra bubbles!

• Options
    KeibiKeibi Registered User regular
    '16 Grand Hyatt was $217 per night ($252.85 with tax) and '17 Grand Hyatt was $225 per night ($262.10 with tax). I estimate $271.35 per night with tax this year. But keep in mind that the Grand Hyatt charges a $50 per night security deposit that is returned as long as you don't trash the room.

I believe $199 is correct for Sheraton. It's usually cheaper than Grand Hyatt if I remember correctly.

Can confirm, the Grand Hyatt does have a hot tub behind the fitness center as well as a wet and dry sauna. Very very nice after a day of PAXing.

• Options
    PAXNoob2018PAXNoob2018 Registered User new member
    Will there be a roomsharing megathread or something? This will be my first year and PAX in general so I'm wondering when that will go up.

• Options
    Will there be a roomsharing megathread or something? This will be my first year and PAX in general so I'm wondering when that will go up.

I think it goes up after the tickets go on sale

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    there will be a roomshare thread after the pax hotel site is available

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Keibi wrote: »

Can confirm, the Grand Hyatt does have a hot tub behind the fitness center as well as a wet and dry sauna. Very very nice after a day of PAXing.

You are both right. The Hyatt hot tub and saunas are in the Olive 8's Elaia Spa, which is also a Hyatt hotel. Just not the Seattle Grand Hyatt.
    However, for Grand Hyatt guests it costs $15/day and they say space is limited.
    As a Grand Hyatt Seattle hotel guest, you may gain access to the Elaia Spa located at Hyatt at Olive 8 for $15 per day. Elaia Spa at the Hyatt at Olive 8 features a men’s and women’s locker room, complete with a steam room, dry sauna, 65-foot Saline lap pool and co-ed Jacuzzi.

Space is limited. To register, please call Elaia spa at ext. 4500 from your room or email SEAHS.Spa.Dynamic@hyatt.com.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Hoping the new Residence Inn is added to the list this year. Looks pretty nice. Is just up the street from the Olive. Stayed at Homewood last year but not impressed. May go back there just for the location.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    KeibiKeibi Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

You are both right. The Hyatt hot tub and saunas are in the Olive 8's Elaia Spa, which is also a Hyatt hotel. Just not the Seattle Grand Hyatt.
    As a Grand Hyatt Seattle hotel guest, you may gain access to the Elaia Spa located at Hyatt at Olive 8 for $15 per day. Elaia Spa at the Hyatt at Olive 8 features a men’s and women’s locker room, complete with a steam room, dry sauna, 65-foot Saline lap pool and co-ed Jacuzzi.

Space is limited. To register, please call Elaia spa at ext. 4500 from your room or email SEAHS.Spa.Dynamic@hyatt.com.

While it is correct that there are also saunas and a hot tub at the Hyatt at Olive 8, I meant that there is a hot tub and sauna in the Grand Hyatt itself. I stayed there last year and had a shoulder injury, so the ability to soak in that hot tub was a relief. It is located on the same floor as the workout facilities, as mentioned in the posted link. No need to pay the $15 fee at Olive 8 unless you want to use the pool.

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

While it is correct that there are also saunas and a hot tub at the Hyatt at Olive 8, I meant that there is a hot tub and sauna in the Grand Hyatt itself. I stayed there last year and had a shoulder injury, so the ability to soak in that hot tub was a relief. It is located on the same floor as the workout facilities, as mentioned in the posted link. No need to pay the $15 fee at Olive 8 unless you want to use the pool.

Yeah, seems I missed that bit on the web site. You'd think they would put those in the bulleted list of features. But it's right there at the top of the page like you said.
    Staying productive when you travel in Seattle means staying healthy and fit. Our hotel features the StayFit fitness center – a state-of-the-art gym, steam room, sauna, and jacuzzi designed to energize you for a day of meetings or sightseeing.