The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Prime/West foodie list is looking for assistance reviewing and updating.

ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited March 25 in PAX West
Posting this super early to give people time to work on updates.

So I've been maintaining a rather large list of "foodie" places to eat while at PAX Prime (West bleh) for about 6 years now and I've been having less and less time to keep it updated each year. I'm looking to add 1 or 2 Seattle local people as editors to the sheet to assist. My goal has always been to list places that tend to not be a chain and within a moderate walking distance. Along with this I've provided price levels, map directions, and hours of operation when available. I am quite sure some of the information is inaccurate or places closed at this point so review of that data would be needed. There is one other person already making casual updates as he has time.

If you are interested in helping please PM me and let me know and give me a bit of info about you and why you want to. Seattle local people are preferred but always possible others will work out.

Here is a link to the current spreadsheet if you want to check it out.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
myjlGB4.png

ElmoFuntz on
anettie76bacon_avenger

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    This isn't within walking distance so I'm not submitting it for the spreadsheet, but we're opening a motherfucking VIKING BEER HALL in Ballard this summer. I'm sure we'll have some sort of PAX special and will update this post with more information as we get closer.

http://www.skalballard.com

LexiconGrrl on
    Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's best Distillery & Scandinavian Cafe Old Ballard Liquor Co.
    dm_magicIncreaseBlueforbiddenvoidDarkAonvespachica
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I would highly recommend that parties interested in food of the breakfast variety go to the Biscuit Bitch. I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since. I wish I could set up a pup tent outside and they could just install a gravy slide into my mouth.

dm_magicCroatian Sensation
  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »
    I would highly recommend that parties interested in food of the breakfast variety go to the Biscuit Bitch. I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since. I wish I could set up a pup tent outside and they could just install a gravy slide into my mouth.

I second this. Amazing food. The only thing this place is missing is beer on tap. Or at least in a can.

bn4KEyz.png
    Keroan
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 8
    I hate to recommend this 'cuz it's usually not that crowded despite it's location, but it's a real shame Lil' Woody's isn't already on this list. A really short walk (but uphill) from the WSCC that sells tasty burgers, shakes, and delicious fries (which you can get covered in queso). They also have a selection of a few beers. Not exactly fast food prices but not crazy expensive either.

Other than that I can't think of anything popular/good other than Buffalo Wild Wings that's not on the list, but that's not exactly a local thing. But then even Taphouse and Blue C are chains, too, so not sure where you draw the line on that.

Scunosi on
    CKing
  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Scunosi wrote: »
    I hate to recommend this 'cuz it's usually not that crowded despite it's location, but it's a real shame Lil' Woody's isn't already on this list. A really short walk (but uphill) from the WSCC that sells tasty burgers, shakes, and delicious fries (which you can get covered in queso). They also have a selection of a few beers. Not exactly fast food prices but not crazy expensive either.

Other than that I can't think of anything popular/good other than Buffalo Wild Wings that's not on the list, but that's not exactly a local thing. But then even Taphouse and Blue C are chains, too, so not sure where you draw the line on that.

I feel like Lil Woody's used to be on the list. I know I've suggested it before. Don't forget free burgers on labor day (though, that line is always long).

• cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I
    CKing wrote: »
    Scunosi wrote: »

I feel like Lil Woody's used to be on the list. I know I've suggested it before. Don't forget free burgers on labor day (though, that line is always long).

I added this to the list. I'll try and work through the list and delete anything that is closed, get things back up to shape. Things change fast in the Seattle restaurant area...