As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Have [chat]s

1939495969799»

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    The archer's ledge and O&S were the major speedbumps in DS1 for me.

I say this, but I also gave up after like an hour because I went the wrong way and thought hmmm nope this isn't fun and then started a couple of years later and got to the depths and fell down a hole and got gassed by a frog and thought hmmm no this isn't fun and then a couple of years later picked it up again and then got every achievement, even the one that meant I had to kill Smough first and thus fight O&S like twenty times like a masochist.

That's crazy to me, because I think I've only had Ornstein die first once, maybe twice.

Super Smough was a much easier second fight for me on every playthrough. Super Ornstein would consistently wreck my face many times over. I got him eventually with Solaire, but only after upgrading weapons and grinding some levels so he couldn't just one shot me at will.

The long, windy run to the fight was also annoying.

Couldn't you just open the front door and use the save point under (the Darklight covenant one you access with the staircase)?

I don't think that one was any closer that the one in the building (if you took the shortcut and jumped out of the spiral staircase). Also, didn't you have to move the stairs to get to that part, and then move them back again if you wanted to leave?

Yeah, but no enemies that could kill you if you accidentally autopiloted your way right into their weapons on your Nth time back to fight O&S.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I bought a bag of frozen berries one time because I eat a lot of berries.

They're a huge part of my diet these days.

The frozen bag stuff was tasteless, disgusting, and had this sticky, syrupy shit all over the inside. Fresh berries stuffed in the freezer (I use a lot of them so I get bigger cartons) taste miles better than the pre-frozen nasty shit in an opaque bag.

Fruits in general freeze very poorly. I’ve never used frozen blueberries for anything and found the result satisfactory.

I generally put blue, rasp, black, and strawberries in smoothies during the day and the results are quite good.

Not as good as fresh, though. I just don't want to go to the grocery store every 2 days to pick up another carton and pay the small-carton-per-ounce premium.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Guys I know how to make a tomato sauce I am talking about starting with poor ingredients.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    have any of you ever gotten mad at an onion article

I saw their string of gaza protester articles and figured you might feel a way about them.

how dare you

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

The frozen bag stuff was tasteless, disgusting, and had this sticky, syrupy shit all over the inside. Fresh berries stuffed in the freezer (I use a lot of them so I get bigger cartons) taste miles better than the pre-frozen nasty shit in an opaque bag.

Fruits in general freeze very poorly. I’ve never used frozen blueberries for anything and found the result satisfactory.

Huh. I've had good success freezing small fruits like blueberries or sliced strawberries by laying them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet, freezing them on the sheet, then putting them into a bag.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Dunno. Perhaps I just played early Dragon Quests and Final Fantasys different. I didnt really grind. I would take hard fought excursions into the next dungeon and actually use that exit dungeon skill or consumable. Getting to boss and beating it while desperately using the last of my consumables, mana etc.

Seemed to me the way they were meant to be played. Pacing was pretty tight in even the early ones.

Dragon Quest II had a difficulty problem even for the standards of the time because they weren't able to fully fix the difficulty after they had to delay the game because of it.
    The initial deadline was set for early November, but the game ultimately suffered a small delay.[17] The development team had finished programming almost everything by the time of the initial release and believed the game could be released by the end of that year.[19] In the Japanese magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump, published on November 11, 1986, it was announced that the game would be released in late December.[20] However, the developers found that the game was too difficult, so it was delayed for month to adjust the balance.[21] They had to finish the final version in mid-December,[19] which they did, and then rushed to deliver to Nintendo to make the physical game cartridges.[21] The game was released on January 26, 1987.[19]
    Due to the aforementioned balance issues, the game was initially very difficult, especially in the later stages. Nakamura had written a program that simulated every single combat that he used to adjust the games setting for character leveling and the strength of enemies players would encounter. This program failed to account for larger monster groups, however, which fell outside the model and caused the game to be very difficult.[19] Further more, enemies leveling and weapons power were designed by area, but Koichi Nakamura didn't think over the boat, so if player get the boat to some land might be quickly defeated.[21] The developers realized there was a balance problem and did some modifications, such as limiting the number of enemies in Midenhall to groups of three, and moving the Cannock Castle closer to Midenhall Castle.[19]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I bought a bag of freeze-dried blueberries and I just ate them all right out of the bag. I don't know if this is what you're supposed to do with them but if not, I've invented a new thing

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    hot take: All browsers but Safari are trash

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Guys I know how to make a tomato sauce I am talking about starting with poor ingredients.

I don't know DK it sounds like you don't know what you're doing. Have you tried using garlic? It's a commonly used flavour in Italian cuisine.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I can't think of any tomato that isn't outright acidic though.

Less acidic tomatoes taste like wet feet in comparison when used in a sauce though don't they?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    another option for o&s is to kill them on the first try

you're welcome

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    let me sicilysplain

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Safari is Apple's Internet Explorer and it sucks.

All web browsers are kinda garbo.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I bought a bag of freeze-dried blueberries and I just ate them all right out of the bag. I don't know if this is what you're supposed to do with them but if not, I've invented a new thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19MdWxcEfI

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah DQ2 is known for its issues heh.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I generally put blue, rasp, black, and strawberries in smoothies during the day and the results are quite good.

Not as good as fresh, though. I just don't want to go to the grocery store every 2 days to pick up another carton and pay the small-carton-per-ounce premium.

If you freeze them yourself and use them within a week I think that’s probably fine. The main issue is when they’ve been frozen a long time they lose their fragrance and punch. A blueberry pie made with storebought frozen blueberries is always so sad compared to the real thing.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    DK also remember you can't just serve the pasta out of the bag. You've got to cook it first. Not everyone likes that crunchiness in their spaghetti.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Safari is Apple's Internet Explorer and it sucks.

All web browsers are kinda garbo.

*gasp*

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Like that is a good story but it seems obviously fireable. He's meddling and overriding in what isn't his pay level or responsibility area.

HOT TAKE

Fire him.

I think it's more likely that he bolloxed up the calculations for the spells damage and rather than face up to his bolloxing up of the math decided to just go full tilt "No, it was supposed to be that way" then ciphered it so nobody would be able to see how badly he had bolloxed it up.

And, I'm pretty sure that's my daily quota for the word "bollox".
    Fake edit: Shit, now I'm one over.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

i used to do this until my teeth got all hurty from cold stuff

but they're better now so maybe i should start again

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 1.4

@spool32 will create the new thread
    @Chanus is backup

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    DK also remember you can't just serve the pasta out of the bag. You've got to cook it first. Not everyone likes that crunchiness in their spaghetti.

FIRST, YOU BOIL THE WATER

This discussion has been closed.