As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Graduation [chat]

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    wendy's burgers are ideally the best but they never turn out any good for some reason

I'd bank that it's partly because teenagers and 20 something year old shift managers who are making barely above minimum wage aren't going to give a shit about the requirements for "fresh" beef.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ohh my god everyone wants to fuck here. Bali is the best

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    uorh6biw5usl.jpg

photo of the earth taken from a 30cm long cubesat a million km away on its way to mars

The flash is too bright, should've turned it off before they left earth.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    tyrannus wrote: »

Have you obliged

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    BK is definitely the most flame-kissed or whatever

I assume that’s just some chemical they use for the charred flavor?

Nah they have a broiler in all shops. Problem with BK is that their quality control across chain stores seems to be the worst. Anecdotally I would say I have seen more trash BK places than others.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    wendy's burgers are ideally the best but they never turn out any good for some reason

I'd bank that it's partly because teenagers and 20 something year old shift managers who are making barely above minimum wage aren't going to give a shit about the requirements for "fresh" beef.

i mean that's true everywhere though

there's something singularly bad about the transition between ideal and execution with a wendy's burger

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Treating myself to a full breakfast out with all the trimmings and fancy coffee.
    Last meal before the doctor goes in an removes my ability to father children.

I'm not nervous. You're nervous.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

No they have an actual little conveyer broiler. When they swapped to it at first things tended to break down a lot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Ok excluding the slightly higher tier 5g/in n out etc

Best burger between mcd/bk/wendys
    well Wendy's and McD's lose by default - they don't even sell a veggie burger

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

i mean that's true everywhere though

there's something singularly bad about the transition between ideal and execution with a wendy's burger

Eat the rich!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

None of them sell a vegan burger so all lose out.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    so last weekend porp's parents came down for the day

and porp asked me to go pick up some meat and grill for lunch

but I knew as soon as I started grilling that FIL would come out and insist on things being done his way

and sure enough he did

and it's just like, I don't wanna have a fight about fucking grilling of all things so go ahead. but what the hell, why do you care so much.

a year ago porp asked my brother to grill when we were hosting #1's birthday party and he kept butting in and telling him he was doing it wrong and eventually MIL basically put him in time out and he sulked in a corner for a while

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

ayyyyy

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Nah, they have a weird grilling machine. This is why if you get it fresh they are the best because it is grilled. Otherwise it sits and is reheated.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    That's unbalievable.

edited May 2018

but I knew as soon as I started grilling that FIL would come out and insist on things being done his way

and sure enough he did

and it's just like, I don't wanna have a fight about fucking grilling of all things so go ahead. but what the hell, why do you care so much.

a year ago porp asked my brother to grill when we were hosting #1's birthday party and he kept butting in and telling him he was doing it wrong and eventually MIL basically put him in time out and he sulked in a corner for a while

If you want to end the fight get yourself a convection pellet grill heh. The proper way to run those is to set it and forget it heh. But thats pretty shitty them stamping on your man area grilling like that. Thats bro code breaking shit right there.

Jubal77 on
    People that go over to someone elses house for food, but insist on being involved in the cooking are the worst sort.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    mcdonalds' new burgers are actually good (they don't use frozen beef anymore)

override367 on
    That's unbalievable.

geth, kick FCC from the thread

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »

None of them sell a vegan burger so all lose out.
    *drops certified fair trade and cruelty free chalk*

Jubal77 wrote: »

and sure enough he did

If you want to end the fight get yourself a convection pellet grill heh. The proper way to run those is to set it and forget it heh. But thats pretty shitty them stamping on your man area grilling like that. Thats bro code breaking shit right there.

Yeah you never ever get involved in another mans fucking grilling, only if they ask, and only then after you make sure that's ok.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    People that go over to someone elses house for food, but insist on being involved in the cooking are the worst sort.

yeah i mean i'll offer assistance but butting in and trying to take over is bad form

oglaf's fucksmith with the sign that reads "bespoke fucks" had me giggling at work and then also realizing oglaf isn't something I should look at at work

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Have you obliged

I figured he has gone balls deep.

:rotate:

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Have a simple fruit salad

Mango and blueberry was a fav of my parents for a while

That's delicious as fuck and healthy as shit

Have that and stop ruining shit

Maybe if you don't use a mayonnaise-based sauce. Or sour cream.

Ewwww

ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mayonnaise based I mean

Sour cream maybe but still, just eat the fruit

ftOqU21.png

and sure enough he did

Yeah you never ever get involved in another mans fucking grilling, only if they ask, and only then after you make sure that's ok.

yeah if im at a friends house and they're grilling or whatever, the normal thing to do is grab a beer and keep them company right.

I guess FIL never picked up on that one

Have a simple fruit salad

Mango and blueberry was a fav of my parents for a while

That's delicious as fuck and healthy as shit

Have that and stop ruining shit

Maybe if you don't use a mayonnaise-based sauce. Or sour cream.

Ewwww

We can all blame one fancy cook for the mayonnaise abomination.
    The name comes from the fact that the Waldorf salad was first created for a charity ball given in honor of the St. Mary’s Hospital for Children on March 14, 1896[2] at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City.[3][4] Oscar Tschirky, who was the Waldorf's maître d'hôtel, and who developed or inspired many of its signature dishes, is widely credited with creating the recipe. In 1896, the salad appeared in The Cook Book by "Oscar of the Waldorf".[5]

The original recipe was just apples, celery, and mayonnaise.[6]

in america we just eat mayonnaise out of a jar with a big spoon

yeah i mean i'll offer assistance but butting in and trying to take over is bad form

Sure offer if they need help like with prep work, or lifting something like a turkey on thanksgiving, but just butting in? Fuck you, get out of my god damn house.

One of several reasons I divorced my inlaws.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    My fruit salad growing was poverty fruit salad. So cool whip with banana, that canned mixed fruit with the hard red cherries, and whatever else we could afford to put in. Like if we could get it some crumbled cookies.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Landshark it sounds like you're just that bad at grilling

waldorf salad is like the epitome of old people food

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

No they have an actual little conveyer broiler. When they swapped to it at first things tended to break down a lot.

I was master of that fuckin broiler when I worked at BK as a kid

I will give FIL credit for not insisting on bringing politics up all the time with me anymore, so there's that

My fruit salad growing was poverty fruit salad. So cool whip with banana, that canned mixed fruit with the hard red cherries, and whatever else we could afford to put in. Like if we could get it some crumbled cookies.

That doesn't sound bad.

Landshark it sounds like you're just that bad at grilling

that's why I provided the second anecdote re: my brother! your feeble attempt at an insult has been preempted!

i'm gonna be honest though

that shit is good

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

and sure enough he did

yeah if im at a friends house and they're grilling or whatever, the normal thing to do is grab a beer and keep them company right.

I guess FIL never picked up on that one

Unless it was pre-arranged that you would be using their shit to cook for them, your role is to hang out and enjoy the conversation and maybe offer to chip in.

edited May 2018
    where should I go for lunch

chipotle
    mcds
    buona
    chic fil a
    wendys
    arbys

Sir Landshark on
This discussion has been closed.