As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chrononauts[Phalla]-Game Over - Village Alternate Victory

• kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Here's my reasoning on wildcat...

Alpha Day 1.1 - 330AD - Brody(O), Psycho(R), Wildcat(P) - State stayed at A, Brody claims successful P/R conflict here. Assumes no lies from Brody.

Beta Day 2 - 1492 - EB, Kuhl, Wildcat - State switched from A --> B. Originally I was going to observe, EB supposedly locked in preserve. Wildcat was in sleepy town, so I switched to reverse right before close. Wildcat confirms P/R conflict here. If wildcat is willing to use their child as way to mask a lie here... hats off, I like the style.

Beta Day 3 - 1492 again - EB, Wildcat, Brody - All were supposed to Preserve, instead we got an anomaly. If anything, this makes me more suspicious of Brody, because the previous night was much more ripe for opportunity to screw something up for Wildcat. Instead, we have 2 nights in a row where EB and wildcat are in the same group with a different 3rd person, and the results are significantly different.

If we were going to switch out wildcat with someone else, I would prefer it not be brody if I'm being honest. Burnage is the other name on the list I feel okay about, but activity level is lower than I would prefer. This is generally the case across the board, unfortunately.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    Okay, finally caught up. Egos seems like a safe bet. psychocucumber, 1977. This is really starting to feel like a make or break day. We had to be close for the mafia to start acting as blatantly as they have been.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I'm a little wary of Brody still, due to his voting being rather shrewd. Think it was day 2 when he voted for himself but downplayed his "only vote" when it was actively putting him on the team. He seems to be paying more attention than to not know that his vote is counting, and he's been on a suspicious team.

Basically, downplaying his moves to put himself on teams.

OrokosPA.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

Alpha Day 1.1 - 330AD - Brody(O), Psycho(R), Wildcat(P) - State stayed at A, Brody claims successful P/R conflict here. Assumes no lies from Brody.

Beta Day 2 - 1492 - EB, Kuhl, Wildcat - State switched from A --> B. Originally I was going to observe, EB supposedly locked in preserve. Wildcat was in sleepy town, so I switched to reverse right before close. Wildcat confirms P/R conflict here. If wildcat is willing to use their child as way to mask a lie here... hats off, I like the style.

Beta Day 3 - 1492 again - EB, Wildcat, Brody - All were supposed to Preserve, instead we got an anomaly. If anything, this makes me more suspicious of Brody, because the previous night was much more ripe for opportunity to screw something up for Wildcat. Instead, we have 2 nights in a row where EB and wildcat are in the same group with a different 3rd person, and the results are significantly different.

If we were going to switch out wildcat with someone else, I would prefer it not be brody if I'm being honest. Burnage is the other name on the list I feel okay about, but activity level is lower than I would prefer. This is generally the case across the board, unfortunately.

If I wanted to screw up last night, why wouldn't I have waited for Wildcat to place his wrong order and leave before asking clarification in thread?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Infidel wrote: »
    I'm a little wary of Brody still, due to his voting being rather shrewd. Think it was day 2 when he voted for himself but downplayed his "only vote" when it was actively putting him on the team. He seems to be paying more attention than to not know that his vote is counting, and he's been on a suspicious team.

Basically, downplaying his moves to put himself on teams.

I've only gotten on a team once via voting. Last night I was placed on the team because not enough votes were made.

I'll admit that I probably should have made a vote for the mission, and likely didn't, but then if it were important to me to end up on that mission, why wouldn't I have voted myself for the mission, guaranteeing a spot?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Using these teams, it doesn't make me feel good about ebum at all. Day 2 looks like a "I'll just play along and hide" for mafia, while Day 3 looks like a "oh crap, they could win the game tonight" play.

It doesn't prove anything with Brody, but I wouldn't discount ebum's presence that quickly just because the results were different. Desperation was likely hitting the mafia last night because if we had aligned everything without that anomaly, we should have won. They HAD to do something.

AustinP0027 on

Using these teams, it doesn't make me feel good about ebum at all. Day 2 looks like a "I'll just play along and hide" for mafia, while Day 3 looks like a "oh crap, they could win the game tonight" play.

It doesn't prove anything with Brody, but I wouldn't discount ebum's presence that quickly just because the results were different. Desperation was likely hitting the mafia last night because if we had aligned everything without that anomaly, we should have won. They HAD to do something.

I also agree. There's a reason ebum wasn't on my earlier list.

Ebum ended up on last nights team due to a single vote from Austin.

Can we get enough teams w/o using,

Egos, Ebum, Wildcat, Me, Austin?

Don't get me wrong, if I had a preference, I wouldn't put Brody or ebum on a team. But, we have a limited number of people who have been active past just voting each day, so I can't bring myself to vote for any of them really.

If 330 AD gets screwed up, then I feel like it'll just point to Brody as mafia, so maybe worth it to send him as a means of forced validation.

I guess Austin is already going anyways.

We could replace me/wildcat with Burnage, but I don't feel like we've gotten much out of him this game.

edited May 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    Ebum ended up on last nights team due to a single vote from Austin.

Can we get enough teams w/o using,

Egos, Ebum, Wildcat, Me, Austin?

We can, it's everyone left I think?

kuhlmeye on
    Don't get me wrong, if I had a preference, I wouldn't put Brody or ebum on a team. But, we have a limited number of people who have been active past just voting each day, so I can't bring myself to vote for any of them really.

If 330 AD gets screwed up, then I feel like it'll just point to Brody as mafia, so maybe worth it to send him as a means of forced validation.

Yes the lack of activity makes it tough. There's 4 or 5 people on my unknowns list have voted for teams once or never.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Alpha Team Vote closed
    Results to be posted soon

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Wildcat

Dunnalist includes her, AustinP0027, and mrpaku for reasons!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Alpha team members:
    @AustinP0027
    @Infidel
    @kuhlmeye
    Time 1492

Phyphor wrote: »
    So either
    1) The final solution is
    100,000,000 - A
    480 BC - B
    330AD - A
    1492 - ? claimed B by me
    1765 - (B)
    1789 - B
    1861 - (B)
    1939 - (A)
    1959 - (A)
    1977 - (B)
    Or 2) there is a mafia within the set of {brody, infidel, mrpaku}

Currently deviating from this:
    • 1765 is A/B due to anomaly and needs to be restored to B.

OrokosPA.png
    I think Kuhlmeye posted the same thing near the bottom of last page.

Anomaly creating team: enlightenedbum, Wildcat, Brody

Can we not make yet another Brody+Wildcat team? That really limits the spread of info and we don't get any info between them if something goes wrong.

Switching from Wildcat to !jdarksun

OrokosPA.png
    Whats the current votes for beta team?

2 38thDoe
    2 Brody
    1 jdarksun

OrokosPA.png
    Let's see if we can still get more info though. Wildcat on gamma could identify if Wildcat is the problem amongst that group (even though it seems unlikely)

Wildcat

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    !jdarksun seems reasonable for beta.

I would avoid putting Wildcat in a later group, as that seems to be their unavailability time.

Minor announcement, due to unforeseen events Hosts will be temporarily unavailable until later tonight. I may be able to get on to announce vote ends but not team selection information. The Day's recap post will be delayed by hours.

We apologize and thank you for your understanding

Unavailable defaults to Observe though, which seems OK for a node that we're wanting nothing to happen on.

Unavailable defaults to Observe though, which seems OK for a node that we're wanting nothing to happen on.

I'd rather have 3 people present to select preserve.

You only need one Preserve to foil one mafia.

If two mafia are on the team it doesn't matter much what people select.

OrokosPA.png
    Infidel wrote: »

You only need one Preserve to foil one mafia.

If two mafia are on the team it doesn't matter much what people select.

Yeah, I guess I got too caught up in preserve only.

Yeah, if one mafia ends up on a team the only way they really have to screw us up now is anomalies.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

I definitely locked in preserve. I think Brody is the weak link and should not be sent on teams, though obviously I understand if y'all are leery about me.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    People smarter than me trust this choice, so let's lock in that last team.

Bedlam[/quote]

I definitely locked in preserve. I think Brody is the weak link and should not be sent on teams, though obviously I understand if y'all are leery about me.

I dunno. First half of day one, I was on team alpha with both Brody and Wildcat. It could have been just mafia laying low, but it doesn't seem like there were any shenanigans. That makes me lean more towards ebum as the problem there. Of course, none of us are confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt. This is all just feelings and baseless speculation.

They should be, and they should all set preserve as their action.

They should be, and they should all set preserve as their action.

Gamma is setting preserve across the board, too, right?

Yes, and Gamma should be safe unless there are two mafia. A single mafia cannot defeat the rest Preserving, they can only create an Anomaly, but that isn't an option in 1977.

OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2018
    Beta Team vote closed
    @Brody
    @38thDoe
    @jdarksun
    330 AD
    Edit: Just caught the recent posts, Jdark not Wildcat

Bluecyan on
    I was about to make a very confused post.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I am going to vote for Brody It's him or Wildcat, I think it's 60-40 him.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.