As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Ask Me About My Weird God

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Ask Me About My Weird God

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• DaddyHeathDaddyHeath Registered User new member
    Tim Allen is Tim "The Tool Man" fucking Taylor! Better get your facts straight son!
    (Great strip by the way, been reading since almost the beginning)

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    My first thought when I got to panel two was, in fact, Tim the Tool Man Taylor, and he is certainly the only divine among the figures mentioned.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Maynard has ascended above divinity. He's that's next level up where you're just like... a gas ball that blinks different colored lights when you speak.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    and that's why we don't go to Sigma 957

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Maynard has ascended above divinity. He's that's next level up where you're just like... a gas ball that blinks different colored lights when you speak.

he's certainly a ball of gas heyo take that Maynard James Keenan

Tube wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

he's certainly a ball of gas heyo take that Maynard James Keenan

I'd like to speak to your manager, please.

I don't feel it's appropriate for you to abuse your Admin privileges to say bad things about the Tool Guy...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    *Looks at his user profile.

Nods head in approval. *

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    what are these names

• sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    I see articles about Maynard James Keenan damn near every day on ultimate-guitar.com.
    In fact, I just saw one on there no more than five minutes ago.
    Did a bit of a double take reading this and I'm starting to wonder if there's some measure of bleed through happening.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Maynard has been in the news a lot lately. 1) Because APC's new album just dropped last month, and 2) Because we've been waiting on a new Tool album for-fucking-eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Maynard has been in the news a lot lately. 1) Because APC's new album just dropped last month, and 2) Because we've been waiting on a new Tool album for-fucking-eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

"This year" he says.

"I don't believe you." I says.

• sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular

To clarify, I've been seeing the articles on UG for years. Mostly, 'Maynard reacts to...' and 'Maynard bashes...', but still. Even the recent tracking of the new Tool album only bumped up the frequency by a tiny margin.

• goehlegoehle Registered User regular
    What store items is Jerry talking about in the newspost?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Jerry's book of poems: Lexcalibur with art by some dude.
    book_lex01_062eece1-0372-42a8-8fd3-390fda9d1064.jpg?v=1525305486

YoungFrey on
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Tool is what happens when you take mediocre goth rock and slow it down to about 10% speed, while making it 10x more pretentious.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    what are these names

Joe Madueira is a comic book artist best known for his work with Uncanny X-Men

Tim Allen is a comedian best known for his classic sitcom Home Improvement and his alleged sitcom Last Man Standing

Maynard James Keenan is a guy best described by the name of the band he fronts.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Joe Mad has a higher place than John Carmack?

This seems... unlikely.

sig.gif
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    It's funny, I had actually never even heard of Joe Mad until Darksiders 1 came out.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Sorce wrote: »

This seems... unlikely.

Granted, Gabe's stance on the works of Id Software is well established:
    i-NctPpsv.jpg

...but I can easily see him showing preference for one of the main comic book artists responsible for the colorful, anime-esque style movement that became big in the industry from the mid 90's to the early 2000's. Just based on various things both Mike (IRL) and Gabe (comic) have said over the years, even if they'd never directly mentioned Madureira, I would've expected his style to be right up Gabe's alley.
    31o1akdum986.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

This seems... unlikely.

Joe Mad makes art. John Carmack makes tools to make art. I'm not denigrating the work John Carmack does in any way. But I think Mike has made his opinions on the value of art pretty clear.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    Tool is what happens when you take mediocre goth rock and slow it down to about 10% speed, while making it 10x more pretentious.

I don't know, man; every album in their catalog is at least worth one complete listen, which is more than I can say about the Smashing Pumpkins since Zeitgeist.

Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @H3KNUCKLES thank you for sharing that picture. I've never seen that one before.