Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Wars: Legion] Boba Fett??? Where?!?

124»

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I hate Ewoks pretty hard but that part always catches me right in the feels.

I'm doing my first Organized Play thing tonight! I'm not taking any of my snowtroopers because I don't even have them cleaned & primed yet. Plus with my 3rd stormtrooper squad finished last night I now have 800+pts (with options) of Empire fully painted.

Hopefully more than 2 people show.

PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshaeFry
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Good luck!

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    crimsoncoyote38thDoeH3Knuckles
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    There end up being 6 people but we ended up pairing off into 2 games of 1v2 with the team side fielding a single 800pt army and just splitting up the units. 1 guy had just come to learn and so had no minis so I suggested the 1v2s since I've played a ton and then I could primarily just teach and everyone could play (space was a little tight too).

It worked out really well and was super fun.

ElvenshaecrimsoncoyoteFry38thDoeH3KnucklesNax
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Went to the other game store after work just now and got two squads of Snowtroopers. Lady also gave me two of the official printed reference sheets that LGSs got at Legion launch to hand out. Pre-ordered a Leia and Fleet Troopers since they sound like they are going to be in high demand. The second store was getting ready to spin up Legion nights since the game's popularity is apparently building very quickly.

My current dilemma. Do I paint the Snowtroopers as standard or like these that I saw and really like the contrast.

snowtroopers.thumb.jpg.c2b93e58112752ac40c1d2e53ba1c030.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

crimsoncoyoteH3KnucklesLind
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited May 16
    Wow. These Snowtrooper models are very nice. They all have holsters unlike the stormtrooper rank and file, which I found slightly annoying at their absence since they all have them in the movies.

I want to figure out how to give the squad leaders officer rank badges like the one in ESB who is reporting to Veers in the AT-AT. The strap for the electrobinoculars is in the way though. Maybe I'll remove one.

timspork's ghost on

I've been waffling between painting my snowtroopers in the standard scheme or painting them to match Veers - gray fatigues and german uniform green armor - and then applying a whitewash effect to the armor like WWII German tanks in winter.

Looking at that photo I think that just stealing that scheme is the way to go.

timspork's ghost
    I've been waffling between painting my snowtroopers in the standard scheme or painting them to match Veers - gray fatigues and german uniform green armor - and then applying a whitewash effect to the armor like WWII German tanks in winter.

Looking at that photo I think that just stealing that scheme is the way to go.

The upgrade card for the ion rifle guy actually is in that color scheme. Probably why the person painted that ion guy that way. I think it looks cool!

Okay the experimental snowtrooper test model is drying. Needs some cleanup but I like the contrast of the white armor to the dark grey fabric. Also looks good next to Veers as I kept the grey the same shade of his uniform.

crimsoncoyoteH3Knuckles
    Okay. I painted a snowtrooper in standard colors. I had a slightly yellowish white paint I used for the fabric then highlighted lightly with white. Not nearly as brown or dark as the FFG models. Whoops. It looks better to me than the alternate colors and now I'm just doing them all default.

Update: Second Squad is nearing completion.

For ease of squad designation for the Imperials I've painted a white vertical bar on the back of the bases and am using a tiny sharpie to write an Aurebesh letter on it for each squad. Alpha Squad, Beta Squad, ect.

Rebels will get a colored stripe, so Red Squad, Blue Squad, Gold Squad.

H3KnucklesElvenshae
    Pictures now. First squad is done. Second squad's bases are almost done. Second picture shows my idea for the squad designations. I really like the snowtrooper models.

4ckll1lzeeli.jpg
    15zpjoxyrg4o.jpg

crimsoncoyoteDr_KeenbeanH3KnucklesFryElvenshaecanuckontLindDayspring
  • canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    I only really dislike the scarf on the mouth. It's always looked weird to me.

I'd rather just normal stormtrooper heads but they look awesome.

canuckont on
    I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
    Update. I have finished everything. Just in time to pick up my Fleet Troopers and Leia tomorrow!

Picks of the ground troops minus AT-ST and Airspeeder. Shows off the squad designations on the back of the bases.

694hagik95wz.jpg
    xcmgk7udcxbo.jpg

Imperials. Snowtroopers are squad A and B. Stormtroopers are 1,2,3, and 4. Speederbikes are X, Y, and Z. Veers and Vader say Veers and Vader. Squad Leaders are designated by an Aurebesh "L"

d2hnlvbpw7t0.jpg
    nfq5doflmof7.jpg
    Rebels. Troopers are Red Squad, Blue Squad, Green Squad, and Gold Squad. Color stripe on helmets as well as colored letter on base. Luke says Luke.

KetarcrimsoncoyoteFryLindExtreaminatus38thDoe
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Can I come over to play? <3

timspork's ghostLind
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    @timspork's ghost After I aquire ridiculous amounts of money, how much do I need to pay you to keep you on hand as my personal painter?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    crimsoncoyoteFry
    Nax wrote: »
    @timspork's ghost After I aquire ridiculous amounts of money, how much do I need to pay you to keep you on hand as my personal painter?

We’ll work something out <3

edited May 29
    So I’m thinking of getting the Imperial Assault Han model since the Legion one looks bad. He seems pretty close to scale. Might just straighten his legs a bit.

*edit* I bought one when I got my fleet troopers and Leia. Didn't even have to modify him. Just glued his base right on top of the spare legion base from my 2nd core set's Vader. The IA base is slightly smaller diameter than the Legion bases. He looks the correct height next to Luke and Leia if they all stood up straight.

Also the fleet trooper models are really good. They hid the mold lines so they don't go over the tops of the helmets. I've been super impressed with all the releases since the core. They are clearly designed far better than the core stuff and that stuff was already pretty good.

timspork's ghost on

H3Knuckles
    Played a game today.

I had a cheap Luke, Leia, Four kitted Rebel Troopers with the miniguns and grenades, and two Fleet Troopers with grenade launchers.

He had Darth Vader, Veers, one Snowtrooper, Two Stormtroopers, AT-ST, one Speeder Bike Squad.

I made some bad mistakes, like running two squads with impact grenades and Luke at the AT-ST. Luke and Leia both got killed.

However I smoked all his troop squads and ended up winning on objective points since I pulled me people back to keep them alive and on points to either control them or to deny my opponent control. If I'd done that from the start I'd have done even better.

Lot of troop squads are very good. Fleet troopers put out a shitton of dice. Speeder Bikes are very powerful.

crimsoncoyoteElvenshae
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    What color did you prime those guys, @timspork's ghost

I am in the business of saving lives.
124»