As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    every time Argus reaches the scripted wipe part of his fight I ask Khadgar for his advice, gets a good laugh when he decides "Death is certain."

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I am curious to hear their rationale for increasing emphasis on auto-attacks. I thought it was a pretty widely held belief that auto-attacks are boring compared to the visceral feedback of using a skill. Just think of how Warriors used to be in vanilla.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hmm, finally some good DH changes

The havoc aoe stun is actually a stun again, and we get a purge that gives resources when it’s used to remove a buff. I see that being very useful as vengeance.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Oh yes.

I got the fucking Khadgar in a ball from Kirin Tor emissary. The only prize I cared about.

Now Khadgar can stay with me in BFA!

This is the first time I've heard of this. Looking at the Wowhead page, I bust out laughing at the "Your soundcard works perfectly" response. Took me right back to trying to configure War2 DOS on a Win95 machine way back in the day. I can still hear that footman in my mind.

Edit: YouTube has an example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_A1GNx0M9M

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I wonder if I'll enjoy tanking if I ever get past the anxiety of it, or if I should just stick to healing?

I like healing in part because I can catch a breather from time to time--it may not be optimal to sit on a GCD, but it's not a significant failure of my role the way it is as a DPS. I mostly spend my extra GCDs on damage and try to play optimally, but it's a perception thing. It's also satisfying to feel like I can cover most weaknesses in a group if I get good enough at healing.

I've never been good enough at tanking to know how I'll feel about it, so it's hard to commit to pushing through the anxiety of being the front man, where my mistakes are super obvious (loose add, died to tankbuster, positioned poorly and now everyone is standing in fire if they want to dps, etc).

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

The havoc aoe stun is actually a stun again, and we get a purge that gives resources when it’s used to remove a buff. I see that being very useful as vengeance.

Vengeance is pretty flooded with pain in BFA, so I'm not sure that part will be useful, but a 10 sec CD purge will be very strong. Blood DK has had it for a while. The runic power is much more useful for a BDK than a VDH, but the dispel itself is incredible.

However, I actually am laughing my head off at the latest Azerite powers.
    NEW Bones of the Damned Marrowrend has a chance to grant an extra charge of Bone Shield. Bone Shield increases your Armor by 39.
    NEW Eternal Rune Weapon Dancing Rune Weapon grants you 39 Strength, and each rune spent increases its duration by 1.0 sec, up to a maximum of 5 sec.

I love how they say "NEW" Next to these, like they aren't just artifact traits returned as Azerite traits.

We're basically in for another 2 years of Legion class design. Not that that's a bad thing, but after how heavily they pruned Legion traits it's funny to see how they are like "oh yeah I guess these all should stay huh"

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I wonder if I'll enjoy tanking if I ever get past the anxiety of it, or if I should just stick to healing?

I like healing in part because I can catch a breather from time to time--it may not be optimal to sit on a GCD, but it's not a significant failure of my role the way it is as a DPS. I mostly spend my extra GCDs on damage and try to play optimally, but it's a perception thing. It's also satisfying to feel like I can cover most weaknesses in a group if I get good enough at healing.

I've never been good enough at tanking to know how I'll feel about it, so it's hard to commit to pushing through the anxiety of being the front man, where my mistakes are super obvious (loose add, died to tankbuster, positioned poorly and now everyone is standing in fire if they want to dps, etc).

Is tiring, but is rewarding on it's own way. I had a lot of fun tanking with my Monk.

That said, the way that...not going to say most, but a significant number of tanks decide to deal with the extra criticism is to turn into huge bossy assholes, which I find offputting.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    To be honest, tanking is a lot easier than DPS. Your mistakes can be more noticeable if they're bad ones, since a catastrophic tank mistake usually leads to a dead group while a catastrophic DPS mistake leads to just a dead DPS, but it's not as if missing a single bit of mitigation is going to kill you.

Tanking is very similar to healing in that you can catch a breather pretty regularly, especially during raid encounters.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Vengeance is pretty flooded with pain in BFA, so I'm not sure that part will be useful, but a 10 sec CD purge will be very strong. Blood DK has had it for a while. The runic power is much more useful for a BDK than a VDH, but the dispel itself is incredible.

However, I actually am laughing my head off at the latest Azerite powers.
    NEW Bones of the Damned Marrowrend has a chance to grant an extra charge of Bone Shield. Bone Shield increases your Armor by 39.
    NEW Eternal Rune Weapon Dancing Rune Weapon grants you 39 Strength, and each rune spent increases its duration by 1.0 sec, up to a maximum of 5 sec.

I love how they say "NEW" Next to these, like they aren't just artifact traits returned as Azerite traits.

We're basically in for another 2 years of Legion class design. Not that that's a bad thing, but after how heavily they pruned Legion traits it's funny to see how they are like "oh yeah I guess these all should stay huh"

Yeah after waffling on the missing Frost Mage talent the entire alpha and beta they finally decided fuck it let's take the legendary bracers nerf it and now it's the new talent great let's ship.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur costs 5 million gold.

Just absolutely silly at this point. Enjoy, AH barons!

Edit: and apparently it comes with an auctioneer, so you can be a baron on the go!

Halfmex on
    at least it's a giant dinosaur thing this time and not a lame old spider

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The upside is that this time i won't have to sit around with my thumb up my butt waiting like i did for the spider since the Dinosaur mount vendor is always up.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    They should ban all auction house tools.

Just make people eyeball it.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    what they should do is make an AH interface better than the current, inadequate-for-a-decade pile of shit we have now

most of the current issues with it could be solved really easily, without resorting to anything as complicated as auctioneer/TSM or similar

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Anyone with like 8 chars that kept up with the missions since broken shore corks buy like 5 of those mounts

The amount of gold put into the game this expansion would likely blow most people's minds.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Im more or less hoping i can cash in at the beginning of the expansion with herbs and the inscription contracts that let you get rep for world quests. Tomes will probably be less important since most talent trees have less actual choices than they do on live.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    To be honest, tanking is a lot easier than DPS. Your mistakes can be more noticeable if they're bad ones, since a catastrophic tank mistake usually leads to a dead group while a catastrophic DPS mistake leads to just a dead DPS, but it's not as if missing a single bit of mitigation is going to kill you.

Tanking is very similar to healing in that you can catch a breather pretty regularly, especially during raid encounters.

Tanking might be most of the time mechanically easier to play well, but it's also got much greater pressure in that if you fuck up your DPS rotation you do a little bit less damage, while if you fuck up your tanking you die, and then everyone else dies.

also whenever anything goes wrong it's apparently always the tank's fault in rando groups

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    To be fair, there's lots of situations where "doing a little bit less damage" means the raid dies, but it's more invisible than a tank's errors

liEt3nH.png
    edited May 2018
    like my personal Tank Experience is focusing hard and being constantly on edge to remember the taunt timing and any special "mitigate this move or die" or repositioning mechanics, versus the DPS experience of <smooth jazz>

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Tanking is always this really weird wild ride. At the beginning of expansions you just get rocked and feel really weak, then you get gear and even though you might take a huge hit every now and then, your ability to self heal or just mitigate the vast majority of things is so high that you never really feel like you're in danger unless you're doing the highest difficulty content. Like right now I can just go blood on my DK and only change a couple pieces of gear and can tank normal no problem if we can't find a tank. I'm not a good tank by any means, but I mitigate and heal enough that so long as i can press taunt when the other tank has X debuff stacks the boss will die. Tanking M+ hardly matters because you just get everything pointed at you and grouped up and the dps will just stun + burst everything down.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    The thing I find difficult about healing is trying to keep an eye on your surroundings and your party's health at the same time. The one person I most frequently forget to heal is myself.

But I don't use any mods or addons or anything so that could just be the inherent shittiness of the base UI.

RT800 on
    I suggest going into the interface options and checking the box that says "use raid style party frames". It's much easier to just keep track of 5 boxes than the weird default party frames. Then so long as you keep all 5 topped off you'll also be keeping yourself healed. Just give everything a glance when you're casting stuff with an actual cast time. DBM can also help by just beeping at you when mechanics are firing off.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah as a healer in a group setting I'd frequently forget to heal myself or mistarget and only heal myself. Err I mean line of sight prevented me from healing you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah as a healer in a group setting I'd frequently forget to heal myself or mistarget and only heal myself. Err I mean line of sight prevented me from healing you.
    This is why grid/clique was the light for me, in my brief stint as a healer. If yours is just another lifebar, you're less likely to forget to heal yourself.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I've been using custom Pitbull layouts and mouseover macros to heal since Wrath.

I'm just another lifebar in the pack, but tanks are represented both in the pack and in separate bars near the center of my screen.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Preacher wrote: »
    This is why grid/clique was the light for me, in my brief stint as a healer. If yours is just another lifebar, you're less likely to forget to heal yourself.

Yeah I heal using clique and this is very true.

I have my party frames placed in the lower part of my screen, just to the left of the middle. Basically right next to/below my characters feet (depending on zoom level).
    Its perfect for being able to watch my character's position and also see all party health / debuffs.

Al_wat on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Oh god, my MMORPG friends restarted their wow accounts, guess I need to too.

So, I was thinking of race changing my Night Elf Hunter to a Void Elf. BUT, he's 110, and I want to get the Heritage armor on him.

Can I unlock the Heritage armor on a different Void Elf and use the appearance on a race changed Void Elf?

KiTA on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

So, I was thinking of race changing my Night Elf Hunter to a Void Elf. BUT, he's 110, and I want to get the Heritage armor on him.

Can I unlock the Heritage armor on a different Void Elf and use the appearance on a race changed Void Elf?

Yes, pretty sure you only need to unlock it on one Velf, but you can only use the transmog on Velf characters.

yeah you can use the heritage transmogs on any character of the proper race after you've unlocked it once

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

I levelled a new void elf hunter to 110, then race changed my pre-existing created day one hunter into a void elf. Will do the same for a lightforged probably, since both can be hunters and it saves gold on heirlooms.

Nosf on
    Nosf wrote: »

I levelled a new void elf hunter to 110, then race changed my pre-existing created day one hunter into a void elf. Will do the same for a lightforged probably, since both can be hunters and it saves gold on heirlooms.

Literally exactly what I'm planning on doing heh. NE Hunter to VE Hunter. Make him a little less stereotypical.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Literally exactly what I'm planning on doing heh. NE Hunter to VE Hunter. Make him a little less stereotypical.

There's a flaw in this plan.

reVerse wrote: »

Sssh, let a man dream.

reVerse wrote: »

Sssh, let a man dream.

Goateegolas. works for both the void elf and lightforged

• kaidkaid Registered User regular

Yes it is what I did on my warlock after leveling a void elf shadow priest.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Why does blizzard hate hardcore collectors?

A red hearthsteed really.

I just hate how all the cool mounts are always locked behind something obnoxious, and how some professions get cool mounts and others get garbage. Like leatherworking moose can't compete with the jewelcrafting cats let alone the engineering stuff like the piloted shredder, and the upcoming mimiron head type thing. Meanwhile things like rep youll get by just playing the game like the argus dudes are just boring recolors of talbuk things.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I just hate how all the cool mounts are always locked behind something obnoxious, and how some professions get cool mounts and others get garbage. Like leatherworking moose can't compete with the jewelcrafting cats let alone the engineering stuff like the piloted shredder, and the upcoming mimiron head type thing. Meanwhile things like rep youll get by just playing the game like the argus dudes are just boring recolors of talbuk things.

That leatherworking moose should have had flying or super jump for all the trouble that quest was.

4.6 billion artifact power wtfbbq

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    4.6 billion artifact power wtfbbq

Late Netherlight Crucible (the upgrades that you unlock on Argus) traits are on the order of hundreds of billions of AP so there's that.

This discussion has been closed.