As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Brooklyn Nine-Nine] - The next time you see me I'm going to be all out of orgasms.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I think this means that because tv ratings systems are archaic we need to all play this show, and only this show, live whenever it is on nbc. Call your parents and make them do it too.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I think this means that because tv ratings systems are archaic we need to all play this show, and only this show, live whenever it is on nbc. Call your parents and make them do it too.

Fox is selling its hulu stakes to Disney so they dont give a shit but NBC apparently actually looks at streaming views so it should be fine

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    Plus, unless you are a Nielsen family for that week, watching something live means jack squat.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    And FOX just added Lucifer to the axed list.

Dammit, FOX...

I'm pretty ok with this. As someone who read the original graphic novels, what as actually adapted is literally unrecognizable. It went from a Neil Gaiman creation with a complex story, to a procedural detective show...

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I did find NBC's quote on this pretty amusing. Roughly paraphrased: "We own this show, we're idiots to have passed on it, our relationship with Schur/Goor/etc has always been a great one that made great shows."

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I did find NBC's quote on this pretty amusing. Roughly paraphrased: "We own this show, we're idiots to have passed on it, our relationship with Schur/Goor/etc has always been a great one that made great shows."

I want to both Awesome and Agree that post.

Awesome because they finally figured out their error, and Agree that yes, NBC are idiots.
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    And FOX just added Lucifer to the axed list.

Dammit, FOX...

I'm pretty ok with this. As someone who read the original graphic novels, what as actually adapted is literally unrecognizable. It went from a Neil Gaiman creation with a complex story, to a procedural detective show...

And yet a show that I found to be strangely very watchable.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Edit: huh, a double post. Haven't done that in awhile.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Their wording also makes me hopeful that it won't just be one more season, provided that's what the creators have in mind.

• Options
    NBC does have a tendency to keep airing shows that nobody watches but critics (and I) love. Parks and Rec, The Good Place, Community, Chuck, etc.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    The real question is did they do the thing fox always does and start moving around time slots constantly so no one could figure out when the show was on?

S1:
    Tuesday 8:30 pm (1–14)
    Sunday 11:00 pm (15)
    Tuesday 9:30 pm (16–22)

S2:
    Sunday 8:30 pm

S3:
    Sunday 8:30 pm (1–10)
    Tuesday 9:00 pm (11–23)

S4:
    Tuesday 8:00 pm (1–10, 13–22)
    Sunday 8:30 pm (11–12)

S5:
    Tuesday 9:30 pm (1–11)
    Sunday 8:30 pm (12–)

Which is to say yes. Ignoring the super bowl sunday episode that is 5 different air date/times and 7(!!!) changes over 5 seasons.

Fucking figures. This is what fox does when it doesn't want a show anymore.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The other thing I learned from this is that there's a new Schur show with Natalie Morales and Neil Flynn, both of whom I like elsewhere, on NBC this fall.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The other thing I learned from this is that there's a new Schur show with Natalie Morales and Neil Flynn, both of whom I like elsewhere, on NBC this fall.

How does he have the time?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

How does he have the time?

I would imagine it's more Schur adjacent than Schur run. Like Dan Goor is really the Brooklyn 99 showrunner while Schur is a producer. The Good Place is Schur's more directly. Some guy named Josh Malmuth who wrote for New Girl and Superstore looks to be the showrunner here, with Schur as an executive producer and Pamela Fryman also in that role. She directed almost every episode of HIMYM, so that's all reasonably promising.

But I would expect Schur's fingerprints to be all over it, so it'll probably be ultimately optimistic and pretty diverse.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There’s also the Amy Poehler/Nick Offerman crafting reality show coming in July.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Isn't Morales' from The Middleman? She's an underrated actress.

Tim Allen finally got his wish to bring back Last Man Standing. Ugh. I guess that's where the money from B99 will go now.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Honestly, Fox's move kinda makes sense when you consider Brooklyn Nine Nine was made by NBC and Last Man Standing was made by Fox. It used to be that studios would sell their in-house shows to any network that wanted to pay for them, since money is money. But in this age of streaming and other revenue streams that happen in perpetuity, it makes more sense for networks to hang onto their shows. And that's already happening -- most shows aired are now in-house, with B99 and LMS outliers.

But goddamn, it's a kick in the nuts to have a show held up as cultural pride for neanderthals replace what was pretty much the most diverse show on network TV.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    That Adam Sandler appearance in season 1 is the funniest thing I’ve seen him on in a while.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

That's largely not how it works unless things changed recently. Only the Nielsen families are counted (source: was one for a few years in the mid 2010s).

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

That's largely not how it works unless things changed recently. Only the Nielsen families are counted (source: was one for a few years in the mid 2010s).

Except that more people watching across the board helps what with the socialized medias.

• Options
    Generally my understanding is that Nielsen does not count online viewership, but the networks do take it into account. Though live viewership >> non-live viewership for their purposes, because they want to sell ads.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Michael Schur should just get his own channel entirely dedicated to anything he thinks up

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Michael Schur should just get his own channel entirely dedicated to anything he thinks up

Everyone else and their dog is getting their own streaming service, why can't we have Schurflix! I'd sub!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Honestly NBC just needs to put him on payroll and have in house to develop shows and nurture showrunners/writers/stars.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Here's an in-depth interview with Dan Goor detailing exactly what happened in the 24 hours or so the show was cancelled. Best quote:
    Terry [Crews] had a funny story. He was on the east coast and he was asleep already when I emailed them that the show was getting picked up. He woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and he read the text and he was like, “Oh my god!” and he freaked out in the middle of the night and started tweeting about it!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Terry Crews is a goddamn treasure, every time I read anything about him it's awesome

He is such a hot buff dork

• Options
    Bordering on off-topic, but if you've ever been even slightly entertained by Terry Crews you owe it to yourself to see his interview on Hot Ones, a show that challenges interviewees to answer questions while eating ever-spicier chicken wings. The interviews generally start breaking down once they reach the volcanic wings.

https://youtu.be/7TN09IP5JuI

Not only does he react exactly as you'd imagine he would when he gets to the really hot ones, the questions illustrate just how wide-ranging his career's been. (And yes, there's a B99 question or two.)

Honestly Hot Ones is a great series, the questions are usually very well done.

• Options
    omg watching Terry Crews geeking out about building a computer with his son to bond with him

Manly tears guys

I think I might be questioning some things about my own sexuality

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Terry Crews is a goddamn treasure, every time I read anything about him it's awesome

He is such a hot buff dork

Hey I'm 1/3rd Terry crews!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    New thread title
    Cheddar you pig

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Credit scene aside, I think that would have worked as a perfect series finale.

• Options
    NBC ordered 5 more episodes, so it gets 18 this year.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So Brooklyn 99 is back.

Can anyone tell me why Amy is in an officer's uniform? I guess it mean she got demoted but I can't for the life of me remember when or why.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Holt in the premier;
    The t-shirt running joke with him was so damn good. It got me every single time.
    RT800 wrote: »
    So Brooklyn 99 is back.

Can anyone tell me why Amy is in an officer's uniform? I guess it mean she got demoted but I can't for the life of me remember when or why.

Promoted actually. She passed her sergeant exam and is running a department.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    So Brooklyn 99 is back.

Promoted from detective to sergeant in charge of the uniformed officers or something like that.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So Brooklyn 99 is back.

The opposite. She got a promotion to Sergeant, and she's in charge of beat cops.

Edit: got beat to the punch

Zomro on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I think it's fitting that an answer about Amy is thorough, prompt, and filled out in triplicate.

• Options
    It’s interesting that how good my mood is largely depends on whether there’s a Schur show on to watch

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think it's fitting that an answer about Amy is thorough, prompt, and filled out in triplicate.

Like this thread gives a hoot about your approval.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    So Brooklyn 99 is back.

Promoted from detective to sergeant in charge of the uniformed officers or something like that.

For people who don't know, in the US, detective is a job title in most police departments that connotes different day to day responsibilities (and usually a pay increase) but not a rank in the traditional sense.

In the show now Jake, Scully and Hitchcock are all rank and file police officers assigned to the detective bureau. Amy was promoted from PO to Sarge and is now the same rank as Jeffords - but is no longer assigned to their detective bureau.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    https://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/exclusives/tgp-podcast

There is a special episode of The Good Place the podcast about Brooklyn 99. There will be a second one at some point.