As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Play 3/3/0 T/F/S
    Tg 2 -> 5
    @MrBody willing to trade when you are.
    Willing to do 3 + 1TG : 4

As the Minister for Trade, we also denounce the Mentak's protectionist policies and underline that this can only harm their own economy in the long run.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Play 3/3/0 T/F/S
    Tg 2 -> 5
    @MrBody willing to trade when you are.
    Willing to do 3 + 1TG : 4

Confirm this trade

Assuming Mentak is going to pillage.

At some point, would either you or me want to clear out the Mentak from that system?

MrBody on
    @MrBody
    I'm sort of concerned you'd look to invade Meer.

I'm also interested in your racial note, and would be willing to throw an extra TG into the above transaction for it.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Pillage one TG from Creuss.

(Edit: This won't happen until their turn, of course, when the trade goes through.)

Hedgethorn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Here's the Mentak action:

The Mentak Coalition: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 5 --> 8)
    Perform transaction, giving 2 Trade Goods to Naalu in exchange for 3 Commodities. (Mentak TG 8 --> 9; Naalu C 3 --> 0, TG 4 --> 6)
    Perform transaction, receiving 1 Commodity from Creuss. (Mentak TG 9 --> 10; Creuss C 1 --> 0)
    Refresh commodities for Mentak, Naalu, Letnev, and Creuss (Mentak C 0 --> 2, Naalu C 0 --> 3, Letnev C 0 --> 2; Creuss C 0 --> 4)
    Winnu plays Mentak's Trade Agreement promissory note, claiming their commodities. (Mentak C 2 --> 0; Winnu TG 0 --> 2)
    Perform transaction, giving 1 Trade Good to Letnev in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Mentak TG 10 --> 11; Letnev C 2 --> 0, TG 1 --> 2)
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), refreshing their commodities and gaining 3 Trade Goods from Minister of Commerce. (C 0 --> 3, TG 2 --> 5)

And I think we're ready for N'orr's turn.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    There's a problem whith the pirates, when they get the booty, they also tend to have problem with Insubordination
    Action: Remove 1 token from another player's tactic pool and return it to his reinforcements.

@Hedgethorn to buy a sabotage or lose his last tactic counter.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Bummer.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @discrider should be up then.

<_<

@Hedgethorn is that a declaration of no sabotage?

No sabotage.

edited May 2018
    Activate MR. Exhaust Hedge Funding.
    Exhaust MR for 6 + 1, Build Dreadnaught, 4 fighters, 2 GF.
    2/3/0 T/F/S
    Presumably complete transaction for 3+1TG:4 with @MrBody unless he wants to also trade his racial.
    5 -> 8 TG.

@Mojo_Jojo

discrider on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Play politics
    Make myself God-Emperor Speaker

@mrblarney for cards

@discrider @Preda @Ketar @Hedgethorn @mrbody for secondary

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    No counters - Pass

@Mojo_Jojo is there anything I can offer you for the speaker token?

edited May 2018
    Play Politics secondary.

2/3/1

Ketar on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo is there anything I can offer you for the speaker token?

Maybe! As I said, I'm open to selling it but TGs aren't super useful to me right now whereas avoiding elimination and/or knocking Letnev out of my territory is.

Pass on Politics secondary.

Maybe! As I said, I'm open to selling it but TGs aren't super useful to me right now whereas avoiding elimination and/or knocking Letnev out of my territory is.

The problem is I'm now out of tactics counters. I could help fund your war machine, but there's not much else I'm good for at the moment.

Pass politics secondary.

@MrBody to play or pass on secondary, and then his turn.

MrBody, I'd still be pretty surprised if Winnu used your Ceasefire if you activated Arinam to clear Mentak out. But if they did, I'd be happy to trade Ceasefires with you afterward.

pass Politics secondary

edited May 2018
    PASS for round

@Ketar

MrBody on
    Pass for the round as well.

@Hedgethorn

edited May 2018
    Wow. Tried a "live" game for the first time on Tabletop Simulator through the Space Cats Discord group.

What a mistake. The absolute worst behavior and sportsmanship I've ever seen outside of serious business WH40k tournaments. People throwing fits for pausing to think, then yelling because your hurried move wasn't perfect. People throwing fits and flipping all their cards over. People throwing fits because my end game hail mary play to win meant Player B won instead of Player C. People throwing fits because you not only hadn't memorized the entire action deck, and didn't memorize the number of each card, AND weren't actively counting cards.

"It's even worse if he didn't know he was kingmaking! You shouldn't even be playing the game then!" Do people realize how ridiculous they sound? The kicker was that it was the closest game I've ever seen. One player at 8 points, Three at 9, and the winner with 10.

It was 8/8/8/9/9 prior to the last move. I had a double warsun fleet in my home system, and the stage II objective was out to conquer an enemy homeworld and everyone was gunning for it to win the game, which was going to end that round. Both my neighbors' homeworlds were too heavily defended (18 infantry!), but the Saar homeworld 2 spots away was totally empty. I had gravity drive, fleet logistics, and the Unexpected Action card. I did a hail mary play of moving a warsun 3 systems, and on my next turn do a double action of playing the card to remove the token then invade the Saar homeworld. This left "only" a warsun defending my home system. I thought one neighbor could only hit me with a single dreadnought but missed that he had 3 additional cruisers that could reach me so he attacked and took my (Letnev) undefended homeworld then used Fleet Logistics to score off Imperial.

Apparently this was some huge offense that I didn't just sit in my homeworld, pass, and lose the game. Some neckbeard and a French dude went on a tirade how I ruined the game and shouldn't be playing. I've had less hostile reactions from MAGA hatters after telling them I voted for Hillary.

Back to forum games...

MrBody on
    I had thought about trying a game on TTS. Maybe I'll give that a miss now

How long did it take?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Round 4: Action Phase Update 3

The Mentak Coalition: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 5 --> 8)
    Perform transaction, giving 2 Trade Goods to Naalu in exchange for 3 Commodities. (Mentak TG 8 --> 9; Naalu C 3 --> 0, TG 4 --> 6)
    Perform transaction, receiving 1 Commodity from Creuss. (Mentak TG 9 --> 10; Creuss C 1 --> 0)
    Refresh commodities for Mentak, Naalu, Letnev, and Creuss (Mentak C 0 --> 2, Naalu C 0 --> 3, Letnev C 0 --> 2; Creuss C 0 --> 4)
    Winnu plays Mentak's Trade Agreement promissory note, claiming their commodities. (Mentak C 2 --> 0; Winnu TG 0 --> 2)
    Perform transaction, giving 1 Trade Good to Letnev in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Mentak TG 10 --> 11; Letnev C 2 --> 0, TG 1 --> 2)
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), refreshing their commodities and gaining 3 Trade Goods from Minister of Commerce. (C 0 --> 3, TG 0 --> 3)
    Sardakk N'orr: Play Action Card "Insubordination", returning one of Mentak's command counters from their Tactic Pool to their reinforcements. (N'orr AC 7 --> 6; Mentak AC 1 --> 0)
    The Winnu: Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Exhaust racial technology "Hegemonic Trade Policy" to swap the resource and influence values of Mecatol Rex for this activation.
    Exhaust Mecatol Rex (6R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 4 Fighters (2R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Mecatol Rex.
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Commodities and 1 Trade Good to Creuss in exchange for 4 commodities. (Winnu C 3 --> 0, TG 5 --> 8; Creuss C 4 --> 0, TG 4 --> 8)
    Mentak uses racial ability "Pillage" to take 1 Trade Good from Creuss. (Creuss TG 8 --> 7; Mentak TG 11 --> 12)
    The Naalu Collective: Play the primary ability of the (3) Politics Strategy Card, drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 4 --> 6)
    Draw the top two cards of the Agenda Deck, replacing both on top of the deck.
    Letnev plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 0 --> 2)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Pass turn.
    The Barony of Letnev: Pass turn.

Current Map: Round 4, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Sardakk N'orr - 4 VP
    The Mentak Coalition - 3 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 2 VP
    The Winnu - 2 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 2 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr, Mentak
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss, N'orr
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.
    5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Mentak's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu.
    Winnu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    Imperial Rider (1 VP): Successful prediction by Creuss.

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 12
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Salvage Operations, Mirror Computing, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 1
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Sarween Tools, Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 7

Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Wormhole Generator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne, Mentak's Promise of Protection (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 3R, 2I, Terraforming Initiative)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0

Tactic Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Support for the Throne, Winnu's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Neutral Worlds and Agenda Effects
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Terraforming Intiative - Attached to Sakulag. The resource and influence values of this planet are increased by 1.
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Winnu. After Winnu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 trade good for each player that is their neighbor.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (1) Leadership PASSED
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (2) Diplomacy PASSED
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (5) Trade Current Player
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (7) Technology
    The Winnu (discrider): (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2018
    I had thought about trying a game on TTS. Maybe I'll give that a miss now

How long did it take?

A little under 5 hours.

I guess it was my mistake because one of the problem dudes was being a dick in Discord chat before the game started. I should have bailed as soon as I saw him in the game rather than commit dealing with him for that long.

I would upfront ask right before a game starts if it's casual or serious business. If there are any manchild neckbeards present you'll probably get tipped off right there.

MrBody on
    Sucks.

I will say it was a bit refreshing to have a game where 3 tech objectives came up, Jol-Nar wasn't in play, AND everyone was a 2 starting tech race. Although that kind of reinforces the view that tech objectives suck and make it so starting tech is the single most important factor for races. No wonder everyone was even all game.

I'll also say how NOT FUN it is to have an Xxcha in play with his "pay 1 S token to cancel an action card" racial tech out. It totally quashes some chances for amazing plays. In the future, I'd never play the Politics secondary when that tech is out.

Pass for the round.

@Preda

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: Β»
    Wow. Tried a "live" game for the first time on Tabletop Simulator through the Space Cats Discord group.

What a mistake. The absolute worst behavior and sportsmanship I've ever seen outside of serious business WH40k tournaments. People throwing fits for pausing to think, then yelling because your hurried move wasn't perfect. People throwing fits and flipping all their cards over. People throwing fits because my end game hail mary play to win meant Player B won instead of Player C. People throwing fits because you not only hadn't memorized the entire action deck, and didn't memorize the number of each card, AND weren't actively counting cards.

"It's even worse if he didn't know he was kingmaking! You shouldn't even be playing the game then!" Do people realize how ridiculous they sound? The kicker was that it was the closest game I've ever seen. One player at 8 points, Three at 9, and the winner with 10.

It was 8/8/8/9/9 prior to the last move. I had a double warsun fleet in my home system, and the stage II objective was out to conquer an enemy homeworld and everyone was gunning for it to win the game, which was going to end that round. Both my neighbors' homeworlds were too heavily defended (18 infantry!), but the Saar homeworld 2 spots away was totally empty. I had gravity drive, fleet logistics, and the Unexpected Action card. I did a hail mary play of moving a warsun 3 systems, and on my next turn do a double action of playing the card to remove the token then invade the Saar homeworld. This left "only" a warsun defending my home system. I thought one neighbor could only hit me with a single dreadnought but missed that he had 3 additional cruisers that could reach me so he attacked and took my (Letnev) undefended homeworld then used Fleet Logistics to score off Imperial.

Apparently this was some huge offense that I didn't just sit in my homeworld, pass, and lose the game. Some neckbeard and a French dude went on a tirade how I ruined the game and shouldn't be playing. I've had less hostile reactions from MAGA hatters after telling them I voted for Hillary.

Back to forum games...

That sounds awful. If you are only playing to win instead of have fun, why would you signup for such a long game where only one person could win? Makes me appreciate again what a great community we have here.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Activate Abyz/Fria. Nothing moves. Exaust Fria and Zhobat for 5 resouces and produce 1 carrier and 4 fighters.

T/F/S 2/3/1
    C/T/A 0/0/6

@discrider next

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    MrBody wrote: Β»

Back to forum games...

That sounds awful. If you are only playing to win instead of have fun, why would you signup for such a long game where only one person could win? Makes me appreciate again what a great community we have here.

Seconded. Sorry for your bum experience, MrBody.

"Winning is the goal, but the important thing is the goal, not the winning," as Knizia once said.

Activate Winnu.
    Move in Carrier and Fighters from Thibah.
    Exhaust Winnu + Sarween + 2TG to build Dreadnaught, 2 Fighters, 2 Ground Forces.
    @Mojo_Jojo

1/3/0 T/F/S @MrBlarney to update my faction spoiler to 2/3/0

edited May 2018
    Play mining initiative, select Druaa
    Gain 3 TG

3/9(8 if pillaged)/5
    C/TG/AC

Anybody for sabotage?
    @Hedgethorn for pillaging

Mining Initiative
    Action: Gain trade goods equal to the resource value of 1 planet you control.

Mojo_Jojo on
    No sab