As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    "And we've made map! Loads and loads of maps!"

Self-deprecating GW is best GW.

All of this stuff looks/sounds good.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The Nighthaunts tempt me, especially this dude

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct1rb.jpg

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Loving the ghosts.

Ghost skaven!?

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct4ry.jpg

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The GW facebook feed says that Nighthaunt are getting their own 'Mortarch of Grief' as well, who is presumably the owner of the feminine voice in the nighthaunt trailer, and probably the silhouetted model teased in same, which I'm excited for, the nighthaunt heroes are the stand out kits to me over the rank and file stuff.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Ghost Army! Been looking forwards to something like this since the Flesh-Eater Courts showed how the different varieties of undead could each form their own army.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    that Night Haunt army is gorgeous.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Minion #1: “Sigmar, my liege… you can’t solve all your problems by opening new Chambers, …”

SIGMAR, LORD OF SIGMARON, interrupting: “THE HELL I CAN’T!” *punches The Button*

The Button: OPEN ANOTHER CHAMBER

Damn, GW…

Oh man, I thought this was a humorous paraphrasing, then I watched the video.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    It seems like the design teams are having a lot of fun nowadays, which can only bode well for us.

Yeah... I think I might have to bite the bullet on the Nighthaunts. I have some Stormcasts and a small force of Khorne, I was looking into Undead, but I wanted a "full" book (Flesh Eater Courts come close, love the lore, not big on the army itself) and I think this'll do it.

Also I didn't realize how much I absolutely wanted to play an army of ghosts. Which is ironic, because I've always been drawn to unitsl ike Cairn Wraiths, Banshees. Spirit Hosts, Hex Wraiths, and the Mortis Engine.

My standout model there were the special characters- the executioner with the gallows on his back, the one with all the padlocks and keys. I love it.

• Options
    Official Nighthaunt trailer
    https://youtu.be/bWljwmoaVAU

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    AoS TCG in the works, eh? Cautiously interested thanks to the cards in Shadespire.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man, fantasy is making so great models

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    AoS TCG in the works, eh? Cautiously interested thanks to the cards in Shadespire.

Third hand account, but apparently they had it out for demo in some fashion at warhammer fest?
    Seems interesting, themed decks around factions, you chose four heroes that determine your overall HP pool, and then a selection of spells, units, buffs, etc. to support them. You lay stuff out in lanes and rotate the cards each turn, then they have different symbols in the corners that will trigger when effects when they're rotated in certain ways? So, like, Arcane Bolt will do nothing for two turns, and then on the third turn it will deal 7 damage, or something? Probably a game which is easier to play than describe... I'm interested though!

Also the Idoneth FAQ is up, so if any of you were planning on converting a bunch of icon bearers for the bonus attacks maybe put down the clippers and glue?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I bought a 1k point nighthaunt army and Arkhan the Black when the death battletome dropped

Needless to say I'm very excited about Nighthaunt becoming an entire faction, with support heroes and wimpy chaff and wizards and Knight of Shrouds on a horse that can keep up with all my Hexwraiths and the new black coach and aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kind of like the objective markers for AoS
    vaose6if7qa8.png
    As some of them can be used for 40k and Shadespire

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I wonder where I can get a set of 6 of those spoopy rocks.

• Options
    Heh, the chests are modeled after the ones from Hero Quest, that's cute.
    Personally I prefer objective tokens that are less, er, in the way, but those certainly look good for diorama work/basing if nothing else.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Heh, the chests are modeled after the ones from Hero Quest, that's cute.
    Personally I prefer objective tokens that are less, er, in the way, but those certainly look good for diorama work/basing if nothing else.

the tomb is basically the Hero quest one revisited
    And about the diorama comment that is one of the comments they made about the set

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I prefer a model for objectives, just so it’s easy to tell where they are on the field.

Also so people can’t just plop their fat models right on top and keep everything else out of range.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I wonder where I can get a set of 6 of those spoopy rocks.

You need to paint one brown and it can hover over my outhouse terrain.

Then it'll be really spoopy.

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one seeing a floating skull-turd.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay guys if you're seeing a bunch of anguished screaming skull-faces in your stool consult a doctor like right away.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    It's fine. I just ate some anguished screaming skull-face on the cob last night. The husks don't really digest.

• Options
    Rules preview for the next edition

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/16/16th-may-rules-preview-turn-prioritygw-homepage-post-2/

Chance of Double turn reduced by 1/6?

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Okay guys if you're seeing a bunch of anguished screaming skull-faces in your stool consult a doctor like right away.

I have IBS, okay?

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

I have IBS, okay?

Irritable Bowel Skulls?

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So next edition will have command points to spend for command abilities. You earn one every round and more from warscrolls.

From the fyreslayer faction focus it also looks like the rulebook magic items like we know from fantasy are back.

honovere on
  • Options
    Not sure about tying bonus CPs to battalions, but other than that it looks like a similar but better system than what we have now, though obviously it more benefits armies which have either cheap battalions or throwaway heroes with command abilities (or both!). Though there are some more general use command abilities to off set that, I wonder if we'll get more of those than the three shown.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Glad I'm not the only one seeing a floating skull-turd.

Now I am just imagining a giant spectral owl it came from.

Picked up the Nighthaunt ally box because its a good deal and the models are solid.

These are easily the most frustrating models I have constructed. 2-3 hours for a single spirit host, its like 6 pieces. I had to bring up youtube videos to find the notches to make them fit. the design around these models really shows how the hobby has moved forward. I am pumped about the new models though, can't wait.

I like those objective tokens, but I've always much prefered making my own themed to the army.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Please note: owl pellets are regurgitated, not defecated.
    :crackle: The More You Know :crackle:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Please note: owl pellets are regurgitated, not defecated.
    :crackle: The More You Know :crackle:

8urlm3tzop0f.png

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Constructing my second spirit host, why do these have jaw pieces you have to attach? I placed it on, and it exploded off and went /somewhere/. This is proof GW hates us. I'll probably find it glued to the wall when I move out now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I like those objective tokens, but I've always much prefered making my own themed to the army.

That has been an ongoing problem for me in 40k What would the Siam Hann use as a objective marker
    My brother uses a runestone he built he even painted his lone drop pod like one for his space wolves.

The Daughters of Khaine seem to be an easier one to do just I kind of wish the wych elf kit had more variety as sneaking in dark eldar parts throws off the look of the army I feel

• Options
    Summoning is going to change. For example slannesh armies generate depravity points that let you summon daemons without using reinforcement points by taking wounds of characters or losing wounds on your own heroes.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So pumped for 2nd edition.

@morskittar Can we get a thread title change and actually refer to it as Age of Sigmar? It's been 3 years since the game has been out and I feel like its earned it's keep.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Wow, the Look Out, Sir rule for the new edition is gonna be pretty juicy for DoK, in a Khailebron temple list all the heroes (barring monster Morathi) will be sitting at -2 to hit versus shooting attacks so long as they hang out with some friends, and elven Morathi would be at -3! Should keep those vital Hag Queens alive long enough to make a difference...

• Options
    This artwork of Slannesh is pretty cool

AoSBeholdSlaanesh-May21-Art1rc.jpg

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Someone contact a physician. This erection is going to last more than 4 hours.

• Options
    Those are just big, stone dicks. Why do they think that will keep Slaanesh under control?

Whose dumb idea was this?

• Options
    Those are just big, stone dicks. Why do they think that will keep Slaanesh under control?

Whose dumb idea was this?

h97rrao8q6cw.png

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Is Slaanesh just trapped in Zendikar palling around with the Eldrazi?

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
This discussion has been closed.