As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graduation [chat]

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    My favorite grandmother is here and she's already said like 8 racist things

This is very confusing as for like all of my life she was the hip, not-racist grandmother but for some reason like two years ago she just did this crazy left turn and now she's starting conversations about how "it was so nice and weird in Boston, we were in this area and it was mostly black folks and middle easterns and we thought we'd need to go back to our Airbnb early but, even in the evening it was very nice, all the houses were very well kept and everyone was so welcoming! You wouldn't get that at home!" While I sit slack jawed

Seems a whole bunch of folks took that turn

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    can i come forward with a dark, terrible confession

i don't think i really love burritos

what a useless sentence i will now try and clarify: burritos taste good, they're reasonably priced, they're filling, you get a variety of flavors and textures. but most burritos are too busy and too indistinct with those flavors all mashed together. i like burritos and in a perfect world would probably eat them at least a couple times a month. but while i can say a burrito was satisfying, and hit the spot, i basically never say it was an amazing thing to eat in the same way as a great, memorable meal

tell me how much of a piece of shit this makes me

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i also found out one of the geriatric ladies who works in the sales office has been neglecting to do a thing she is supposed to do because i "just sit at my computer all day so should do it" and i am like a hair's breadth away from walking over there and causing a scene but i have so far maintained my composure

i need the week to be over i think

beat her ass, chanus

fuck her up

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    People thought the same thing after OoT.

And they were right. OoT was perfection.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Following one of the best games of all time with one of the best games of all time is a tall order.

Edit : LttP to OoT

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    don't actually assault your elderly coworker i don't know where my mind was

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    U shit

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    i also found out one of the geriatric ladies who works in the sales office has been neglecting to do a thing she is supposed to do because i "just sit at my computer all day so (i) should do it" and i am like a hair's breadth away from walking over there and causing a scene but i have so far maintained my composure

Man those people are the worst. He's not doing any work he just plays on the computer all day!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Breath of he Wild is a really good video game

Will the next Zelda game be able to top it? Will any future Zelda game? At some point, Nintendo is going to reach peak Zelda.

I imagine they’d have to do something as different from BotW as BotW is from other Zeldas, but I have no idea.

I had gotten stuck at a stupid part months ago and then picked it back up. Now I’ve done three of the divine beasts and have just been kind of wandering around doing stuff and it’s so great.

My biggest complaint is that I’m afraid there’s so much that I’m missing.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i also found out one of the geriatric ladies who works in the sales office has been neglecting to do a thing she is supposed to do because i "just sit at my computer all day so (i) should do it" and i am like a hair's breadth away from walking over there and causing a scene but i have so far maintained my composure

beat her ass, chanus

fuck her up

i mean i would just yell a lot

i've been working on not doing that so much though

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

And they were right. OoT was perfection.

Doesn't mean BotW wasn't worth making. It's a huge accomplishment and a reminder of why we should love games.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Oh, and I think we’re getting a puppy tomorrow. This kind of snuck up on me.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    chu you're too wholesome

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

what a useless sentence i will now try and clarify: burritos taste good, they're reasonably priced, they're filling, you get a variety of flavors and textures. but most burritos are too busy and too indistinct with those flavors all mashed together. i like burritos and in a perfect world would probably eat them at least a couple times a month. but while i can say a burrito was satisfying, and hit the spot, i basically never say it was an amazing thing to eat in the same way as a great, memorable meal

Make your own! I generally keep the ingredient list short when I make burritos for that reason.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My main reason for liking burritos is that they are self contained packages that you can eat with your hands without making a mess.

Once a burrito gets out of that state, I am much less inclined to enjoy them. Like I went to our local taco joint on Tuesday that is amazing, but the burrito was so big and messy that I needed a fork and knife to eat it, and that just kinda ruined things.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I make burritos relatively spartan, myself

if it's a meal with other people the amount of different stuff in the burritos at least double

because yes they often are too busy and there's too few distinct flavours

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DAMNIT why do I keep getting top of the page?!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    One nice thing about having a rampaging 2 year old at the grocery store, I can let his rude jerk self get me through cart blocks

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i don't dislike burritos or anything but this is a reasoned argument and i can't really disagree with it

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Man those people are the worst. He's not doing any work he just plays on the computer all day!

like 8 or 9 years ago i worked for wachovia bank (in an office, not in a bank itself). i did data entry basically, processing a bunch of different payments. i was p good at it from the beginning because even without knowing the way all the accounts worked i was a computer nerd with higher typing speed than most of my old lady coworkers.

anyway one of them went to our boss and told him that i use the bathroom too frequently and it's unfair and i got a big talking to about it. this was before my diabetes diagnosis so i didn't have like, a ready doctor's note. i probably was at least pre diabetic back then. i've peed a lot my entire adult life.

anyway fuck you marge

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Breath of he Wild is a really good video game

Will the next Zelda game be able to top it? Will any future Zelda game? At some point, Nintendo is going to reach peak Zelda.

I imagine they’d have to do something as different from BotW as BotW is from other Zeldas, but I have no idea.

I had gotten stuck at a stupid part months ago and then picked it back up. Now I’ve done three of the divine beasts and have just been kind of wandering around doing stuff and it’s so great.

My biggest complaint is that I’m afraid there’s so much that I’m missing.

You probably are missing stuff, but that stuff is korok seeds so whatever. Talk to people at inns and get quests and stuff when you can. Investigate anything that looks interesting!

I need to get back to my master mode playthrough. I never actually beat the last boss, I didn't want to finish before I felt like i was done with the open world.

Also Nintendo I will buy two copies and subscribe to your dumb online service if you do a Breath of the Wild style game in Link to the Past's world. And make the dungeons better.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

... Its an efficiency food not an indulgence food. Burritos aren't supposed to be gourmet food. They are like just barely above street food...i miss burritos

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Sweet. There is going to be a new She-Ra show.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So when you eat fajitas or carnitas or the like with torn off chunks of tortilla arent you making a finger burrito with the cheese and rice and bits of meat?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Top Chef's Tip: The secret to making a burrito that will be a memorable meal is to lace it with hallucinogenic drugs.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

like 8 or 9 years ago i worked for wachovia bank (in an office, not in a bank itself). i did data entry basically, processing a bunch of different payments. i was p good at it from the beginning because even without knowing the way all the accounts worked i was a computer nerd with higher typing speed than most of my old lady coworkers.

anyway one of them went to our boss and told him that i use the bathroom too frequently and it's unfair and i got a big talking to about it. this was before my diabetes diagnosis so i didn't have like, a ready doctor's note. i probably was at least pre diabetic back then. i've peed a lot my entire adult life.

anyway fuck you marge

This is just bizarre to me. Like....what?

I've worked some pretty goddamn awful jobs, but in all of them, if you needed to use the bathroom, you use the bathroom.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

You admit to not liking burritos and jumped straight to beating up the elderly

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

I agree with you somewhat because I always pick the wrong fillings. Someone needs to order my burritos for me because they are always way better when I didn't have a hand choosing the ingredients.

But I'm awesome at pizza tho

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    So when you eat fajitas or carnitas or the like with torn off chunks of tortilla arent you making a finger burrito with the cheese and rice and bits of meat?

tbh i eat it all with a fork and then if i'm still hungry i eat the tortillas

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Sweet. There is going to be a new She-Ra show.

That Wonder Woman movie money must've lit a fire under some executive asses.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

anyway fuck you marge

I've worked some pretty goddamn awful jobs, but in all of them, if you needed to use the bathroom, you use the bathroom.

I would straight up pee myself at my desk and then threaten to sue when they fired me because i have self destructive tendencies

• Options
    i definitely create this problem, my standard chipotle burrito is chicken and steak, half scoop of white rice, pinto beans, corn salsa, pico, sour cream, half serving of cheese

i invite the mush, i am responsible

• Options
    i wish getting blinding rage angry and yelling at coworkers wasn't so god damned cathartic because it's not like i feel bad about doing it but i know it's a bad thing to do so i'm trying to not do it

but it's super fucking effective at getting them to stop being stupid

• Options

• Options
    but "oh don't do that, jeff will get mad" is like a common thing here

the system works

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    i definitely create this problem, my standard chipotle burrito is chicken and steak, half scoop of white rice, pinto beans, corn salsa, pico, sour cream, half serving of cheese

I know it's authentic or whatever but I do not see the point of rice in a burrito

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I know it's authentic or whatever but I do not see the point of rice in a burrito

it's literally just filler

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

anyway fuck you marge

Applying Canadian job standards to American jobs is unfair.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I will poop on company time.

• Options

anyway fuck you marge

yeah

it happens at my current job too. i have gotten complaints about using the bathroom too frequently, since my job requires me to be on the front end basically at all times

i don't get the big foreboding talking-to's, but p regular side eyes and 'c'mon man, we need you up here'

i fucking hate retail so much

This discussion has been closed.