As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Order

2»

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    According to my dad, my grandfather used to say that when you move, or rearrange things, or basically just any time you box up stuff, write the date on it. If you go over a certain amount of time (I think it was 2 years) without opening the box, you should just get rid of it.

I am currently remodeling the basement of the house I've lived in for 12 years. It was semi-finished in the 70s, so we mostly just used it for storage. This was similar to the method I used to force myself to throw out (among other things) all those cables. SO MANY CABLES. "I haven't needed this in a decade. I foresee needing it even less in the next one."

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    My desk is made of at least 80% dust and spilled chocolate milkshake, in the process of slowly forming a new multi-cellular creature. :pop:

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    According to my dad, my grandfather used to say that when you move, or rearrange things, or basically just any time you box up stuff, write the date on it. If you go over a certain amount of time (I think it was 2 years) without opening the box, you should just get rid of it.

I sure would love to toss out all these bankers boxes, but some government idiot decided you have to hang onto medical records for a minimum of 7 years. It's nice to be able to build my very own Thanos throne or box-fort whenever I want, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I also have a mini screwdriver set on my desk.

My father always recommends fire. He had time to think while his skin grew back.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I am currently remodeling the basement of the house I've lived in for 12 years. It was semi-finished in the 70s, so we mostly just used it for storage. This was similar to the method I used to force myself to throw out (among other things) all those cables. SO MANY CABLES. "I haven't needed this in a decade. I foresee needing it even less in the next one."

I've just this week been moving a bunch of stuff back into the room we use for storage, after we had to move it all out due to a water leak.

Going through the 'cable and electronics' box, I decided if I found a USB cable that I didn't think we currently had a use for (older style phone connectors etc) I would keep one and one only. Styles in current usage I kept two spares (in addition to those we have in use around the house).

I only convinced myself to throw out one of the 4 sets of headphones I've never used though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    On the note of organizing I bought a shelf specifically to store all my consoles and games on and I was just looking through it and can't find half of my 360 or ps3 games. I can only assume they are boxes somewhere. Gotta organize this mess someday.