As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I don't think Deke blinked out of existence. I thought they were being a little ambiguous about it, but clearly leaning towards "he just left to see the world."

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    My guess is he'll never be mentioned again and we'll just be left guessing.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Thoughts:
    So I say Coulson alone broke the loop. Fitz dying was the timeline tying off a loose end.

Also, it's a good thing supercharging Daisy didn't lead to her becoming unstable and quaking the world apart.

Not sure about Deke. Trying to decide if it was the same room seen full and empty. If it was, I just assume they had already cleaned it out since they knew they didn't need it. Also assume Deke would take his tool, and Simmons was packing Fitz's?

Thoughts:
    So I say Coulson alone broke the loop. Fitz dying was the timeline tying off a loose end.

Also, it's a good thing supercharging Daisy didn't lead to her becoming unstable and quaking the world apart.

Not sure about Deke. Trying to decide if it was the same room seen full and empty. If it was, I just assume they had already cleaned it out since they knew they didn't need it. Also assume Deke would take his tool, and Simmons was packing Fitz's?
    Except Mack and Mom also survived when they were supposed to die, and Coulson had nothing to do with that.

Scooter wrote: »
    Thoughts:

Except Mack and Mom also survived when they were supposed to die, and Coulson had nothing to do with that.

On the other hand
    We don't know that was the point they died. Just because it's a convenient point to remove them doesn't mean that's necessarily when it happened.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Thoughts:

On the other hand
    We don't know that was the point they died. Just because it's a convenient point to remove them doesn't mean that's necessarily when it happened.

"Trying to save Coulson is what dooms the world."

"Only he (Coulson) can put the pieces together."

May is the one who ultimately realizes it. Instead of jamming a needle in Coulson and curing him, she gives him the serum. Coulson then makes the call on how to use it.

In the alternate realities, they presumably just jammed the needle in him.

Also, Yo-Yo calling Daisy a bad leader is what makes her give that position over to Mack, who then ends up positioning everyone in such a way that May and Fitz end up being nearby to help him and the mom, instead of where everyone would've been positioned if Daisy (or cured Coulson) had called the shots. Alt Yo-Yo presumably didn't do this because in that reality/timeline everyone was all aboard the "save Coulson" train.

reVerse on
    Thoughts:

On the other hand
    Robin said she was never going to see her mom again when they were split up.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Thoughts:

The lose end could be the double Fitz.

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Thoughts:

On the other hand
    Robin said she was never going to see her mom again when they were split up.
    Didn't she say that if she didn't help Talbot, then this will be the last time they see each other?
    Since she did help him, possibly not the last time they see each other?

You think time travel is confusing from the outside, can you imagine trying to see time from Robin's perspective? That if/then statement seems to imply that she's not just seeing the future, she's seeing multiple possible futures, all at the same time and all the time.

The problem is they've always stated up until now that Robin only ever sees one timeline and has never been able to change it (as was also the case for her dad). The 'if' wording did confuse me, but I'm sticking with the original facts laid down rather than assuming that changed in the last episode without comment.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I still think that all the
    time stone fuckery happening in the movies
    is playing into what we are seeing here.

It is the only way this squares with previous seasons. "Just do it differently" was what they tried with Robin's dad, and it never worked.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Robins dad was the character that could see how people died, and his final scene was on a rooftop with may right? Been wondering if I'm remembering right or confusing something from a different show.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    It loses points for
    killing the happy Fitz, as that was predictable as all hell and annoying, even if they do have a spare floating around. But writers can't help themselves it seems.

As mentioned Talbot got screwed over. At least he went out in a novel way, though.

Coulson got better before not as the plot demanded a little too much.

At least it's mostly a happy ending (he's in Tahiti, you don't die there it's a magical place. Something will save him).

Xeddicus on
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Do we know how the drawing of one large person with 5 small people in them came to pass or didn't as it was a different time line?

And dammit, I want to know what happened to deke! Someone ask in a QnA!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Do we know how the drawing of one large person with 5 small people in them came to pass or didn't as it was a different time line?

it was 8 people.

Maybe it was just a metaphor?

And I think Deke's status is officially
    "wait and see"

Real question about Talbot
    He came back to Earth with a quinjet, right? And last week May and Deke blew up the mothership. So where did Talbot find a big-ass ship to drop on Chicago? And why did the streets of Chicago look like LA? :P

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

"wait and see"

He came back to Earth with a quinjet, right? And last week May and Deke blew up the mothership. So where did Talbot find a big-ass ship to drop on Chicago? And why did the streets of Chicago look like LA? :P
    I assumed the ship was the wreckage from the one that May and Deke scuttled.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

"wait and see"

I assumed the ship was the wreckage from the one that May and Deke scuttled.
    Here's my guess: he left the Quinnjet behind when he visited his family and needed a new ride. The derelict spaceship floating in space during the title screen was supposed to indicate that he was pulling it to Earth.

Makes about as much sense as "that was Multiple Bot's real head and he's gone for good".

• RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    One consequence which I believe has been overlooked:
    Enoch is still out there with the Fitz-pop.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I don't think it's overlooked when they straight up discuss it during the going away party.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    I don't think it's overlooked when they straight up discuss it during the going away party.
    They didn't mention Enoch though.
    Which means maybe we could have Enoch back. Which would be great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

I can see it now. (Infinity War spoiler)
    IW Snap occurs, Fitz vanishes during stasis

Enoch: 'Ah, the correct amount of time has passed. Now to awaken my ward'

*opens pod*

'... Fuck'

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »

I can see it now. (Infinity War spoiler)
    IW Snap occurs, Fitz vanishes during stasis

Enoch: 'Ah, the correct amount of time has passed. Now to awaken my ward'

*opens pod*

'... Fuck'
    Evil Fitz is bad. Evil Gemma is worse.

sig.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    #JusticeForEnoch

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't think Deke blinked out of existence. I thought they were being a little ambiguous about it, but clearly leaning towards "he just left to see the world."

I actually think he did.
    Granted it was not very clear, but they established earlier that Deke Disappearing would be the only way they knew they broke the loop. He was the Canary in the Coal Mine. I rather think that when Fitz 'died' he actuallly disappeared, which is why no funeral. the Fitz that died was a time duplicate (think Futurama...Time Duplicates never survive since they should not exist). Show could have used an extra few minutes of exposition about what happen at the end.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Guy could barely walk. I don't think Parasailing of any kind is likely unfortunately.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Guy could barely walk. I don't think Parasailing of any kind is likely unfortunately.

It's a magical place.

• ThisThis Registered User regular
    Well, that finale was full of emotion. Some really nice stuff from the writers and actors. Daisy and Coulson, May and Coulson, Fitz with Mack and May. Lots of teary moments.

Have to say the time loop thing was a dud.

• ThisThis Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFUGOmvEWo

A short peek at the recording session for the music of the final episode. Sounds great. A couple of the actors are in attendance too.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Finally caught up! Not my favorite season, but still found some enjoyment in it.

Right now it feels like another season would just feel like an extended epilogue to the show. It'll be interesting to see where it goes next year.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I liked the season a lot, if only because it put a pretty tidy bow on things. My biggest issue with it was:
    Yo-Yo not telling the group about what her future version said re: Coulson until near the end.

It felt like a really cheap and illogical way to try to heighten the drama, and it's probably the writing trope/crutch I hate the most because it's so lazy.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This last season really made me hate Yo-Yo. Hopefully she'll redeem herself next season.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I feel the same about Mack.

Yo-Yo was fine to me.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Yo-Yo gave me final season BSG/Starbuck flashbacks.
    Spoiler tags just in case...
    “WE’RE GOING THE WRONG WAY”

Jayricho on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I feel kind of hesitant to watch the next season, I have a habit of watching shows that over stay their welcome like Chuck or Supernatural.

I really like all the other actors and characters, but with Clark Greg leaving, it feels like the center is gone, and having Mack as director again with the way Fitz was glossed over I’m not sure the writers have anything interesting to say or the ability to say it in an engaging way, especially with all the throw away political lines that have been popping up, some more egregious than others.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Clark Greg is leaving?

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That's a big assumption.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone knows, even Clark Gregg himself. He at least seems to think he won't be on full time next season.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    skeldare wrote: »
    I don't think anyone knows, even Clark Gregg himself. He at least seems to think he won't be on full time next season.

He is supposed to be directing a bit I think?

Mvrck on