As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Lexcalibur

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Lexcalibur

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I know this might not mean that much
    but by your work I have been touched.
    Not in a strange or creepy fashion-
    though at times you earn just that reaction.

You've got a talent. A certain knack
    and though you've shown some lack of tact
    on the whole your work is great.
    I hope this engenders a peaceful state.

Some peace of mind and strength of heart.
    We all at times need a second start.
    I hope this brings you more recognition...
    and a much more self-loving condition.

• Options
    I hope my poetic post is OK. I just wanted to let a fellow bard know their hard work, struggle and brevity in the face of an oft times all too oppressive, stressful and frightening world was very much appreciated. I'll be picking this up for sure when I'm able to afford it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My favorite aspect of any PA thing is "Please ignore what Penny Arcade stands for and enjoy this completely different from who we are product" like Childs Play or that line of chuwarro dogs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    My favorite aspect of any PA thing is "Please ignore what Penny Arcade stands for and enjoy this completely different from who we are product" like Childs Play or that line of chuwarro dogs.

Humans are complex beings with many different aspects to their personality. I feel whatever missteps people (including myself) may feel they've made IMO their good works more than make up for it. Of course it helps I've seen them make a lot of strides forward in regards to becoming more compassionate human beings. I might be biased, though. If anyone who knows me now had known me 11 or so years ago they might not have liked me as much. As self-centered as I can be now I was an intolerably selfish and whiny person then. I'm grateful a few good friends decided the better angels of my nature were worth putting up with the annoyance.

It also helps I don't hate myself quite as much as I used to.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I got an email today that my Lexcalibur shipped out. It will 100% be poop reading material.

Take comfort in that, Jerry. <3

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Tube's first strip appearance? (I think so.)

Cheers!

(If not, cheers anyway because fuck it it's Friday.)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It is indeed my first appearance.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't know what this Lexcalibur thing is, but I will look it up.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't know what this Lexcalibur thing is, but I will look it up.

It can be found in the store here.
    book_lex01_062eece1-0372-42a8-8fd3-390fda9d1064.jpg?v=1525305486

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It is indeed my first appearance.

The instant I saw this comic, my first thought was "Is that Tube?" Good to see it confirmed.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    So the subtitle of this book "For Adventurers Above and Below the World."

This book is definitely On Brand for Penny Arcade. It might be a "G rated book written for children" but it doesn't appear to have strayed far from the nest.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Hey, people can bitch about all the side projects, and I'll admit I'm not a fan either, but you have to admire the sheer variation they've managed to put out there. Not a lot of cartoonists continue to explore creatively if they manage to strike it rich.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I love the side projects.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »

Ditto. The "C" Team, especially, is can't-miss viewing for me. It single-handedly rekindled my love for D&D.

• Options
    I like their side projects better than their main project. Yeah, their web comic is great and I read it religiously, but all their other stuff is just so much better.

Lookouts, Automata, Aqc Inc, all of it is soooooo good.

I still yearn for more content from some of their side projects, like the Night Lights one or whatever it was called. Heck, even SAND was awesome and I want to see more content in that universe.

I've got Thornwatch backed and am eagerly awaiting delivery.

Watched all of Strip Search... it was great.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    He's right though, Tube, your accent does lend all your bannings a delightful air of whimsy!

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Oh, shit, I forgot about SAND.

What was the one with the kid and parent on their way to a new world? Wasn't it optioned to become... something?

• Options
    I think that one was called "The New Kid." Or something like that.

• Options
    Pavio wrote: »

Sorry, I just dont. It's always like sitting through a week of guest strips made by the actual creators, it's just not what I'm on the site for. Had they been posted on another site, or just in another part without interrupting regular service, I would probably be more into them.

• Options
    No one was talking about side projects and I'm somewhat baffled as to why you think anyone was soliciting your opinion on this.

• Options
    No one was talking about side projects and I'm somewhat baffled as to why you think anyone was soliciting your opinion on this.

...the entire strip was about one?

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I disagree with your definition, and am not interested in debating you on the matter. Whatever axe you have to grind about the actual side projects that occasionally interrupt the service you think you’re owed can wait for another day.

Tube on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    We are all missing the important thing here in this discussion: How close does Tubes comic form match his real form?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    We are all missing the important thing here in this discussion: How close does Tubes comic form match his real form?

I'm more interested in how much whimsy does IRL!Tube's voice inspire.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    edited May 2018

In real life I have full, thick facial hair, reminiscent of Odin or an ancient mountain god.

https://youtu.be/ib1kJkW2bQA

Tube on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

In real life I have full, thick facial hair, reminiscent of Odin or an ancient mountain god.

To make this point, you should probably link to something not including a fully bearded out Eric Benson. With him in the video, I'm not sure which one is you and which one is Jerry.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Did something like this actually happen? Is there a morning show clip we can watch where Jerry desperately tries keep the host from finding out giraffes/ ostriches/ snakes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    wait

WAIT

what is this about beards tube is an hedgepig

Tube is not a grumpy hedgehog but a charming and whimsical Manfolk of Britanny?

no i am certain tube is an hedgepig.

I'm freaking out here guys

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    If you're in America now, who is scaring Piggy Chimp with horse masks?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Did something like this actually happen? Is there a morning show clip we can watch where Jerry desperately tries keep the host from finding out giraffes/ ostriches/ snakes.

I would like to know this too.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    It's just a modified version of the freemason joke about goats/sheep.

• Options
    PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use a semicolon to separate the last sentence?

i.e. "If they do find it; I'm sorry."

That seems like a much more tidy sentence.

Well?

PohtHehd on
  • Options
    Yes that would be much funnier

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Yes, that would be; much funnier

Wow, you're right!

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Incidentally, the comma is right. Semicolons separate independent clauses. "If they do find it" is a prepositional phrase and thus a comma or nothing is correct.

• Options
    It's just a modified version of the freemason joke about goats/sheep.

Huh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was somewhat prepared for Tube to not be a hedgehog. Somewhat.

I was not at all prepared for Tube to look like a Breton straight out of Skyrim, or an extra from Vikings.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Most of the time I see Tube he is commenting on the fitness threads so I expected him to just be a very jacked hedgehog. Kind of disappointed.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Latchkey_SNESLatchkey_SNES Registered User new member
    Oh this is unfortunate, but googling Lexcaliber does not return this book, but a similarily named product line. For adults. Go with 'Lexcaliber Book'.

• Options
    Did you spell it lexcalibur or lexcaliber? I didnt notice any issues when using the u.

steam_sig.png