As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

1919293949597»

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    When I hit 75 for a spec i just go for the offspecs. It takes like a week of farming AP to get like 1 more point in concordance at 75. The people who are at like 80+ just blow my mind.

Apparently a ton of balance druid changes are in the pipe.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    When I hit 75 for a spec i just go for the offspecs. It takes like a week of farming AP to get like 1 more point in concordance at 75. The people who are at like 80+ just blow my mind.

Apparently a ton of balance druid changes are in the pipe.

Even after all these years, every time people talk about balance spec druids it takes me a moment to realize they aren't talking about the balance of druids.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    aww yiss, feels good

zQ3dlFn.png

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm disappointed that the priest mount isn't growing on me. Everyone seems to love it, but I started cool on it and I'm moving towards hating it.

The bottoms of its feet when it's running, its weird long neck and head, the way its legs dangle when it's flying, all of it bugs me. It looks fake somehow, like it's a big animatronic. :?

Kamar on
  • Options
    Hybrid_Dolphin87Hybrid_Dolphin87 ScotlandRegistered User regular
    Sooooooo feeling that FF14 was getting a bit grindy I was playing the up to 20 trial of WoW having not played since about WotLK and found that I was enjoying it massively, long story short hit level 20 last night and caved by buying the base package minus legion and BFA so that being said what tips would you give a returning player who has been out of the game long enough to be classed as a newb?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Sooooooo feeling that FF14 was getting a bit grindy I was playing the up to 20 trial of WoW having not played since about WotLK and found that I was enjoying it massively, long story short hit level 20 last night and caved by buying the base package minus legion and BFA so that being said what tips would you give a returning player who has been out of the game long enough to be classed as a newb?

don't worry about anything you knew about the game from beforehand, approach it all brand new and just take it as it comes. mostly the game is an entirely different one, and if you're enjoying it now you'll continue to enjoy it all the more at max level.

main thing to keep in mind is that every zone in the world now scales to your level, within a certain range. so you're not stuck progressing from one zone to another leaving things unfinished if you outlevel a zone. Just follow each zone story and move on to wherever you want when you're done.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Wow can be kinda grindy itself nowadays, I personally don't mind that (I grew up playing jrpg's), but some do.

Heirloom armor will speed up leveling very much, it can be purchased from the explorer's league section of Ironforge, or from someplace I can't recall off the top of my head, in Undercity.

Get exalted with the capitol cities pretty quickly (Stormwind and Orgrimmar) by purchasing Tabards from the quartermasters (both are near the cities flightmasters) this will reduce the price of riding and flying skills when you get to that level.

Don't go on the official forums unless you like the sound of incessant needless whining on every potential little thing.

• Options
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Matthew wrote: »
    Wow can be kinda grindy itself nowadays, I personally don't mind that (I grew up playing jrpg's), but some do.

Heirloom armor will speed up leveling very much, it can be purchased from the explorer's league section of Ironforge, or from someplace I can't recall off the top of my head, in Undercity.

Get exalted with the capitol cities pretty quickly (Stormwind and Orgrimmar) by purchasing Tabards from the quartermasters (both are near the cities flightmasters) this will reduce the price of riding and flying skills when you get to that level.

Don't go on the official forums unless you like the sound of incessant needless whining on every potential little thing.

Somebody that just came back since WotLK is not going to have the gold (or any of the alternatives) to buy a bunch of heirlooms, and they are not as strong as they used to be anyway.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Matthew wrote: »

Somebody that just came back since WotLK is not going to have the gold (or any of the alternatives) to buy a bunch of heirlooms, and they are not as strong as they used to be anyway.

Be worth mentioning that I had to start fresh cos F if I could remember my log in details from all those years ago...

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    @Hybrid_Dolphin87 , Wowhead made guides for returning players from specific expansions that are pretty good, if you want a nice read to help.

http://www.wowhead.com/returning-player-guide-changes-wrath-of-the-lich-king

That one should be for coming from WOTLK

Just an FYI, the leveling experience is pretty swift and entertaining until 20. It slows down and gets a little longer after that. Not saying it is bad, but just making you aware. That being said, if you haven't played in a while there is quite a bit in WoW to do that won't be grindy, up to a point.

• Options
    Be worth mentioning that I had to start fresh cos F if I could remember my log in details from all those years ago...

The difference between a toon from WotLK and a toon that is made fresh today is practically zero outside legacy achievements & titles.

5k gold was a modest fortune back then, able to buy some luxuries, your epic mount, keep you stocked with raid consumables, etc.

Meanwhile in Legion I just looted that from two order hall missions, which take about 8 hours each and I don't actually have to do anything besides click a button.

So losing those assets etc is no big deal.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Near the end of Wrath it was possible to get quite a bit of gold though, because those gold dkp runs became popular. Just waltz in and kill shit, and dont ask for any loot. I got like 20-30k gold doing that when before I never went above 2-3k.

A friend of mine I introduced to the game and leveled together with the new RAF bonus amassed fortunes on the AH entirely on his own though. Dude had never played wow and the only other MMO he touched was asherons call. He was able to buy every single mount training on his own the second it became available. I think he had a few hundred thousand gold a few months after hitting max level. I was quite in shock.

I am actually leaning VERY heavily toward playing Shaman for BFA and the character I am using is the one I leveled with him. It was the only character I ever did any meaningful stuff on outside of raids. I had two maxed professions one of which is Eng where I have all the cool shit. It will be nice to play that character again for many reasons with those being one of them.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    There anyone out there with a good alliance guild? Going to swap my Priest over to Void Elf and run Alliance this expansion

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've been working on my druid (guardian) in preparation for switching to him as my main in BfA.

Got my first legendary over the weekend. It was the cloak that does something with moonfire. I switched to the Galactic Guardian talent after getting the legendary, and I gotta say, firing off an entire moonfire storm is extremely satisfying every time it happens. Too bad it doesn't really do much for my survivability, and that's what I need right now.

I'd like to be able to tank through at least normal Antorus before the end of Legion, but so far the drops haven't really been kind to me. Not getting the drops I need to survive those nasty hits, like Varimathras or the dogs.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been working on my druid (guardian) in preparation for switching to him as my main in BfA.

Got my first legendary over the weekend. It was the cloak that does something with moonfire. I switched to the Galactic Guardian talent after getting the legendary, and I gotta say, firing off an entire moonfire storm is extremely satisfying every time it happens. Too bad it doesn't really do much for my survivability, and that's what I need right now.

I'd like to be able to tank through at least normal Antorus before the end of Legion, but so far the drops haven't really been kind to me. Not getting the drops I need to survive those nasty hits, like Varimathras or the dogs.

You can tank the entirety of Normal Antorus with Augunite gear, is a matter of gearing defensively and using your defensive talents until you are more confortable with your survability. And studying the encounters of course.

I know because I did it on my monk.

• Options
    Thanks for the tips guys, you rule!

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Not sure what you think of pvp, but the pvp gear often has a ton of versatility on it which is pretty good for bears if i remember right. But otherwise you're pretty much stuck farming argunite for the 910 tokens, doing LFR, and suffering through M+ runs. I also seem to remember that for bears it's almost always ilvl over any kind of stat priority or other bonuses, even including the tier set bonus. Just shoot for the highest of everything and your massive stamina will carry you with your % based heals in frenzied regen. I think I tanked most of normal in like 915 gear i was using for healing, and just equipped some trinkets I had for feral. So you can certainly get there.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I remember being a part of A LOT of Gold DKP runs in wrath specifically around the Trial of the crusader tier that caster trinket from Anub was a delight to see drop because people went all in on it and i always walked away with a fat stack.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Got my priest to 108 over the weekend, god damn its been a slog to level this class. I tip my hat to any priest mains, you people are fucking rock stars.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Priest has always kind of sucked to level, but usually plays pretty well at max level. It's kind of like mages in that regard. As soon as you max out the artifact and even get a small amount of gear, it's like a completely different class than leveling. And on the bright side, atm not much is changing between legion and bfa so everything should still play well.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mage was a lot more fun to level, very class cannon, but you had the cannon part. Priest was the opposite for leveling, could stand up super well against mobs, but took forever to kill anything.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Priest is one of the weird classes where you actually are stronger the more you pull. As shadow if you only pull 1 mob it's going to be slow. But if you just chain pull 5+ you'll be in void form the whole time and get a bunch of stacks which really helps with killing things. Not to mention you get the most out of twist of fate that way as well.

This discussion has been closed.