As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax 2018 Hype

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Twitter test successful.

And even though they warned people not to freak out, many did.
    If there was a course, this would be par.

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    My phone went bonkers because I got the text message, the tweet notification, and my email updated all at the same time.

• Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Time to start SOONing again!

Hopefully badges go on sale on a Tuesday or Wednesday, or if Thursday, I can get VTO on the day they do go on sale.

I predict 7 June at 1500ET/1300MT/1200PT

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I'm still holding out that June 14 will be the magical day.

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I just hope I'm not stuck in jury duty when they go live

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    I just hope I'm not stuck in jury duty when they go live

I deferred mine from June 5th to January 28th, just in case of PAX!

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Looking at my notebook and seeing in February plane tickets were $500 cheaper than they currently are hurts. I told my guy that next time, we'll just go to Seattle for a week, with or without badges.

• plktsplkts Mr. Vancouver Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I have a mac, and want to get notifications when they go on sales on it. What app do you mac users use?

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I believe bobcats will go live June 12 at 1000 PDT.

but you never know...

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    DashD wrote: »

but you never know...

Doesn't E3 start that day, though? I wish they'd just wait until after E3 since they've released badges right before the past few years.

• Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Less than 100 days to go!

• DarkAonDarkAon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    plkts wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a mac, and want to get notifications when they go on sales on it. What app do you mac users use?

Twitter. Set notifications for @PAX_Badges.

https://github.com/SunnyBat/PAXChecker also works on Mac as it uses the Java runtime, but honestly Twitter works fine.

gdGxyA3
  • HalseySpartan2HalseySpartan2 Quality Assurance Engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm super excited for PAX Prime this year. I've already got vacation days booked at work (I work at Amazon) and I live a short train ride away from the convention center. GET HOIPE!

SHwjM12.png
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    CKing wrote: »
    DashD wrote: »

but you never know...

Doesn't E3 start that day, though? I wish they'd just wait until after E3 since they've released badges right before the past few years.

So it does. Very well, I shall amend my prediction to accommodate this new information.
    June 6, 1000 PDT

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    They're blatantly trying to kill us now.

tw787Xr.png

• sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    I entered. Can’t hurt to try my luck.
    (Where’s Domino when you need her...)

From the contest tweet, I'm feeling confident on badges going on sale on June 7th, as they did a similar facebook contest for Unplugged on the 3rd, and unplugged tickets went on sale two weeks later.

Two weeks from today is the 7th of June, which also lines up with sales from the past few years.

tw787Xr.png

• DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    DarkAon wrote: »

https://github.com/SunnyBat/PAXChecker also works on Mac as it uses the Java runtime, but honestly Twitter works fine.

The only problem is that PAXChecker doesn't look at @PAX_Badges just @Official_PAX. Still good for the registration page and Showclix I guess though.

DruidsFlame on
    sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • DarkAonDarkAon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    DarkAon wrote: »

The only problem is that PAXChecker doesn't look at @PAX_Badges just @Official_PAX. Still good for the registration page and Showclix I guess though.

Sure it does. A commit was made by SunnyBat 8 months ago that added PAX_Badges. But I'm not sure if the build in the dropbox has the latest code.

gdGxyA3
  • kangaroobanditkangaroobandit Registered User regular
    When did the PAX tickets get posted last year? I don't remember.
    My guess for this year would be June 9th?

When did the PAX tickets get posted last year? I don't remember.
    My guess for this year would be June 9th?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXHdgnv_RzFAPI8dW4YL1iTp50oLeJsrinu7YEvjpFQ/edit?usp=sharing

tw787Xr.png

I'm now wavering on my original guess being too late. I get the feeling that it might happen on a Tuesday this year though. My logic being that maybe the Pax folks think it's too dialed into a Thursday release formula?

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Why is there such a feeling for Thursday? I too have Thursday feels, but I don't know why - it just feels like the right day. Last year was Thursday, true... But the year before that was a Tuesday.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Hrm, did they unsticky the stickies from last year? That a Soon sign?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I did unsticky last year's stickies. No info driving that though.

edited May 2018
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I did unsticky last year's stickies. No info driving that though.

Or is there?

:P

IncreaseBlue on
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    @zerzhul is a great guy, but his role does not require days\weeks\months advance warning of the date.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    I'm calling that we're safe for the day. I'm literally falling asleep on the couch.

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    CKing wrote: »
    I'm calling that we're safe for the day. I'm literally falling asleep on the couch.

SIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdcIwHKd_s

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • poisoningkissespoisoningkisses Registered User regular
    Dumb question but I've always been lucky enough to be near a computer when tickets have gone on sale, does the queue line work appropriately on a phone ? If your screen turns off or if you minimize does it mess up the queue? I'm worried I'll be out and only be able to purchase from my phone.

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have a good feeling about today.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
    I have a good feeling about today.

I still expect badges next week.

tw787Xr.png

I would like badges this week but given the holiday, I'm still confident that it won't be till next week.

I also wonder if we'll be getting the pax badge merch email as a precursor again?

• Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I would like badges this week but given the holiday, I'm still confident that it won't be till next week.

I also wonder if we'll be getting the pax badge merch email as a precursor again?

Wouldn't that be nice if they did?

Croatian Sensation on
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I've been thinking long and hard about this, and I think I'm out for this year. Seattle is getting so expensive(Flights alone jumped up $300) and fewer and fewer of my friends get tickets each passing year.

After going 7 years in a row, I want to use my vacation money on something different. Now if only I can figure out what that different thing is.

Still in for jumping in the queue. Gotta keep my skills up in case I decide to go in the future.

• Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Ready for today just in case but still think badges will drop next Thursday. Got my plane tickets yesterday. Bummed there is no longer a direct flight from Colo Springs, so have to trek to DIA to find a reasonable price. $623 for two of us, not too bad I guess. This will be the fifth PAX Prime/West in a row for my son and I. He just graduated from HS and wanted a full four days at PAX as his "senior trip." We usually just stay for Fri-Sun so looking forward to seeing what the floor is like on Monday (hopefully less crowded). Might be our last time here together, feel like I am getting too old for the crowd and types of games featured.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Today is a good day to soon.

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I imagine Mondays are going to be busier than they've been in the past. Last year's low sell time meant more people getting badges that actually want it rather than the "may as well grab all days" people. Though I do confess I cannot recall if this was actually the case...

Does anybody else open twitter on their browser and see the line "is officially on sale!" before reading Unplugged? Causing a mini-panic that my notifications didn't go off.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    I hope it doesn't happen on the 5th during my apartment inspection... I won't have internet, besides data. Maybe the sales will happen while I'm at work, like last year, haha! ;u;

edited May 2018
    RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

This discussion has been closed.