As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Conflict starting in August

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited July 2018 in MMO Extravaganza
battle-for-azeroth-wow_1200x500.jpg

The new expansion is upon us, and the changes have been revealed.

Level to 120 in continents of legend.
BKJ2XYS3YIXF1509567053378.jpg

For Alliance, the kingdom of Kul Tiras. Birth place of Jaina Proudmoore.
1WFCSVPL0ZM81509567058126.jpg

For the Horde, the Zandalar Empire.

Level up a necklace of great power entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. This artifact gains power through the blood of Azeroth itself, found and harvested throughout the world.

Allied_races.jpg?version=cd4f77b2b0ad313270e2570df83ca639

New Allied races join the fight. Gain early access by gaining reputation with certain WoW: Legion reputations. New races are able to be unlocked through completing certain requirements in BFA itself: Mag'Har orcs and Dark Iron dwarfs.

12486.png

Level your new character through old content in a new way. Classic zones scale up to 40 levels, while expansion content can be rearranged to your liking, allowing you to level 60-70 in Warlords of Draenor content for example.
82JRPLYD5CNM1509567052199.jpg

New islands packed with fierce challenges that you and your friends can complete daily. After one island is complete, the island is randomized afterwards. Face a new challenge every time!

il_570xN.823092668_fqzn.jpg?version=0

Fight against other players to create bases and lay siege against other player fortifications in the siege maps inspired by Warcarft RTS games.

Join social groups across server. Transfer to another server and still want to play with your old guild mates? Join them in a guild like setting no matter where they play.

Brand new PVP instancing. Players can join same faction player groups and PVP on that player's server. This ties into a new feature called 'War Mode', where players toggle PVP on in cities and fight against opposite faction players who are also flagged. PVPers gain 10% XP from quests and kills with this toggled on.

Dueler's Guild is a new PVP mode where players who are flagged in the city can take part in duels against other players in Dueler's Guild. Play until you are defeated for prizes daily by fighting through 3 players in a row, your cooldowns will not reset.

Battle for Azeroth launches August 14th 2018

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    So is this the new WoW current thread or?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Legion/BfA thread

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Yeah the other one just hit 100 pages and was locked.

In continuing with tradition, got another leggo token last night, and get the next worst in slot leggo. It's really fucking annoying working from the bottom on every character. Give me best in slot like once ffs. Still no argus trinkets either, here's hoping this week can change that... I might just say fuck it and level alts and pvp until the expansion because it's just tedious raiding and getting nothing from it. I kind of want a mage so i can shoot frost lasers at people.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Got my priest to 110, working on finishing his class hall, played my DK a little bit just to get the swing of the buttons. Oh god moves that hit more than one target at a time? Being able to damage a boss while also not dying? my god its beautiful.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    You should see Shadow priests on the beta, they have quit a few aoe options now. DKs are a lot of fun, they still havent done the frost rework for bfa yet though. The real trick is playing holy priest and doing BGs though. After you unlock some of the honor talents it's like godmode. There are like 4 ways to go immune/semi immune to everything and there are a bunch of instant heals.

• Options
    Well I'm really just playing the priest to unlock the class mount. I'm down to them, druid and dk. Then I'll have all order halls all class mounts

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Shadowpriests got some good quality of life changes such as you don't need to dot everything for the void eruption to hit them. They do now however have to be in a 10 yard radius of the main target but much more of a normal AOE so you can burst on packs a lot quicker now. More on demand aoe ability as well so less setup time for small trash packs.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm definitely curious to what the new 90 Shadow talent is going to be, since it's still MIA. Especially since it's on the Lingering Insanity/Mindbender tier.

Dark Void, the AOE spell that slaps a SWP on everything it hits, looks like it's going to be fun.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Yeah the other one just hit 100 pages and was locked.

In continuing with tradition, got another leggo token last night, and get the next worst in slot leggo. It's really fucking annoying working from the bottom on every character. Give me best in slot like once ffs. Still no argus trinkets either, here's hoping this week can change that... I might just say fuck it and level alts and pvp until the expansion because it's just tedious raiding and getting nothing from it. I kind of want a mage so i can shoot frost lasers at people.

that's a weird way of saying 97 pages!!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT BIG NEWS GUYS
    jaina was boning with kalecgos

stay tuned for more v. important lore bombs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lore is a silly thing in wow since they ignore it all the time with an oops I forgot about that

• Options
    I guess Jaina didn't want to do some lfg for the raid drops so she figured out a different way of getting those skins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I'm miffed that the alliance allied races are behind the Argus rep grind and the horde ones are like, "here you go, you don't have to do anything else since you did the rep grind already

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    yeah that seems unfair even to me, a horde main

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I don’t know man.......

Suramar.........

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I'm miffed that the alliance allied races are behind the Argus rep grind and the horde ones are like, "here you go, you don't have to do anything else since you did the rep grind already

Well one of them is behind the suramar quest line, which if you haven't done it is a rep grind combined with instances and a raid finish.

But yeah nightborn are the best race for starting with the Suramar chain finished and the rep exalted. Only allied race to have their default faction exalted.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT BIG NEWS GUYS

...people didn't know about this?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT BIG NEWS GUYS

if it's not mentioned in the game I ain't heard about it probably
    kalec certainly didn't seem like he gave a shit about jaina leaving dalaran

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT BIG NEWS GUYS

if it's not mentioned in the game I ain't heard about it probably
    kalec certainly didn't seem like he gave a shit about jaina leaving dalaran

Well yeah that's because he's busy running my dumb missions.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    yeah they were boning around the time of cataclysm, he talked her down from destroying Orgrimmar with a single spell in retaliation for the bombing of theramore, which she could do

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Amazon had put up several pages for the new book, and the lore community pretty much flipped out over it.
    Calia Menethil reappears, tries to use Forsaken who had families in Stormwind, etc to declare a coup against Sylvanas and gets killed for it.

She gets rezzed as a Lightforged Undead, because that's how she wanted to come back.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Amazon had put up several pages for the new book, and the lore community pretty much flipped out over it.
    Calia Menethil reappears, tries to use Forsaken who had families in Stormwind, etc to declare a coup against Sylvanas and gets killed for it.

She gets rezzed as a Lightforged Undead, because that's how she wanted to come back.

Spoilers to this spoiler.

Reappears? Isn't she in the priest class hall already?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Sorry guys, my fault. I've had her running my priest's order hall missions farming gold for months now, she most have snapped.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it's funny how this far into antorus LFR, the hardest thing to do is get a tank who lets the raid soak flame lash

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    the problem with that mechanic in LFR is every other difficulty trains you very hard to point every other combo move away and tanks always forget it's LFR and not to spin him or swap aggro

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it's funny how this far into antorus LFR, the hardest thing to do is get a tank who lets the raid soak flame lash

or get a co-tank who doesn't taunt back randomly for no reason with 0.2sec left on the cast

thank god you don't need two tanks for that fight

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Spoilers to this spoiler.

Reappears? Isn't she in the priest class hall already?

Ahhh
    Haven't done the priest one yet so wasn't aware. I guess you can say she sticks around instead.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

They picked the wrong ability to spam imo

Should’ve been the one you’re supposed to taunt for

• Options
    I would have kept both the combo abilities but nerfed their damage and knockback into the ground so it didn't matter too much if you fucked them up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I see raiding tanks fail at LFR Aggramar all the time thanks to that stupid change.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Honestly blizzard loves to do shit like the soak on kil jadean where you do the opposite of how most fights treat thing on ground. Its where I wish encounters would stop being such "gotchas" because it just leads to frustration.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "don't not stand in the fire" is one of their more common raid mechanics, I don't mind it in general. KJ's meteors specifically were terrible though, because of the way they happened so frequently, required the whole raid to be paying attention and actively dropping what they were doing to take care of, and had a very high chance of causing a wipe if someone missed just one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It's one of those design decisions where you realize that they genuinely do think people will only do one difficulty at a time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I mean, metor soaks have been a thing since Twin Emperor trash in AQ40.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Not to mention that the entirety of ToS was about soaking things so by the time you got to KJ if you didn't know you were supposed to soak them then you're either AFK or an idiot. Both of which describe the typical LFR raider pretty well, so I guess that explains it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Not to mention that the entirety of ToS was about soaking things so by the time you got to KJ if you didn't know you were supposed to soak them then you're either AFK or an idiot. Both of which describe the typical LFR raider pretty well, so I guess that explains it.

I just don't like the lack of communication in the LFR to help explain the fight or a heads up in the guide
    But then I don't like raiding as I just get bored after a certain time doing it

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the "problem" with meteor soaking on KJ really was that they made the penalty for failing too severe (at least on normal and heroic), given the semi-random nature of the mechanic. Mechanics that're that variable in terms of how they play out from attempt to attempt shouldn't have raid-wiping consequences for minor failures, outside of maybe mythic.

Small meteors should have been tuned in a way that required the raid do them right most of the time, but could be cooldowned through if necessary. On heroic a missed small soak was essentially always just a wipe, aside from way overgeared raids that'd already completed their prog

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    BFA preview comics are starting, the first one, about Jaina, is up.

I...don't particulary like this artist, the uncanny valley proportions make the whole thing look like a cheap DeviantArt comic.

• Options
    Get in a +14 and below? Group runs like a well oiled machine

Same group goes into a +15? Same group turns into a Zerg fest where the general idea seems to be to wear our the mobs by killing us too many times.

Often, it’s the same group for both. Sigh.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    How does the PVP set distribution work? I know old ones are available via honor token, but what about the newest seasons? The blue paladin armor is really great and I would like to farm for it, but have no idea how to get it.

This discussion has been closed.