As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Switch - Everyone is Here!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hmm, half of 8 is 4... 4 washington lane...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    hmm, half of 8 is 4... 4 washington lane...

The next clue is at Peach's Castle!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I usually am at work for ten hours, five days a
    Drez wrote: »
    DLC is one letter away from OVALTINE

Oh my god!!!

Hey wait a minute I just did the math on this one and it doesn't add up at all

Hmm. My calculator says that your calculator is mean.

My calculators says BOOBS if I turn it over.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hello I have owned a Switch for less than a week and I love this system so much

Also, I am really enjoying Breath of the Wild, more than I expected

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    It still surprises me just how awful and plastic-y the Gamepad feels in contrast to the Switch.

The Switch feels like a device. The Gamepad feels like a throwaway tablet you buy for a 2 year old to play LeapFrog stuff on.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It still surprises me just how awful and plastic-y the Gamepad feels in contrast to the Switch.

The Switch feels like a device. The Gamepad feels like a throwaway tablet you buy for a 2 year old to play LeapFrog stuff on.

All the hardware they were putting out had that cheap effect. The Wii U Pro controller felt the same way. It's especially weird because their previous actually kind of cheap Wii stuff had a more solid feel to it even.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I usually am at work for ten hours, five days a
    DLC is one letter away from OVALTINE

Oh my god!!!

Hey wait a minute I just did the math on this one and it doesn't add up at all

Hmm. My calculator says that your calculator is mean.

My calculators says BOOBS if I turn it over.
    Stop writing on your calculators with a marker.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay Linkle kinda rules?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I haven't used my Switch since I beat Odyssey, except maybe one time? And I think it's primarily because I still view/use it as a handheld and I haven't been traveling as much this year as I did last year.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay Linkle kinda rules?

Linkle is amazing and I love her side story so far.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Okay Linkle kinda rules?

Linkle is amazing and I love her side story so far.

Hold down the strong attack button when her crossbow meter is empty for a neat animation.

• Options
    Is Linkle's story really that she's just a regular girl who thinks she's the legendary hero

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yes, but also a chicken army and she's actually a really good fighter.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    please tell me mario rabbids DK expansion he has a coconut gun, that fires in spurts

if not then this whole dlc is bullshit

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna kinkshame but I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    please tell me mario rabbids DK expansion he has a coconut gun, that fires in spurts

if not then this whole dlc is bullshit

His gun is apparently the banana he throws.

I don't know how I feel about locking out most of the cast in this DLC, temporary or not, but I'm still excited for more Mario+Rabbids.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I played a couple hours of Battle Chasers last night and that game seems pretty dang cool

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I played a couple hours of Battle Chasers last night and that game seems pretty dang cool

I was thinking about picking that up after I finish this persona 5 replay that I’m doing for some reason

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

It's got a lot of great systems wrapped in a classical turn based RPG with amazing, amazing art

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I was thinking about picking that up after I finish this persona 5 replay that I’m doing for some reason
    I've only played about 2 hours but the combat seems fairly complex and challenging, I like the pseudo Diablo (but with turn based battles) esque dungeon crawling segments and I'm a sucker for Joe Mad's style so I think everything looks cool as hell

Only complaint is the story isn't doing a ton for me yet, it gives you the run down of what Battle Chasers is about but kinda throws you in the deep end with these characters after a quick Star Wars text crawl dump and it isn't super effective

Calibretto, the giant war golem who talks like Niles Crane and is also the party healer, rules though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Calibretto, the giant war golem who talks like Niles Crane and is also the party healer, rules though

Hello, what?!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Hello, what?!
    y3frt7s307d4.jpg
    He also loves nature and his victory animation has a bunch of birds come and hang out on him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Yeah, 'bretto is amazing

• Options
    Fuck
    Am I gonna buy Battle Chasers

• Options
    Fuck
    It's a turn based RPG to the core with a focus on the combat

So

If you like doing a lot of that, you might dig it. I think it has a great style and the combat looks and plays great but the story is eeeeh so far and the characters are fun if a bit one-note.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I knew next to nothing about Battle Chasers, but it sounds like fun, and it's a good fit for the Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    I wish more games had demos

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, all games should have demos, or at least give you a few hours to decide to return it if you buy digitally on console.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I still feel bad I have played far more splatoon, arms and Mario xcom than I have of Zelda.
    There is something about arms as I come home beat up a few people and put it down is just cathartic

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fuck

So

If you like doing a lot of that, you might dig it. I think it has a great style and the combat looks and plays great but the story is eeeeh so far and the characters are fun if a bit one-note.

The story will stay totally stock and forgettable, but the combat will remain chefkiss - each character has a really different set of moves so your various party set ups can feel very different. The only thing you're in danger of is that because the combat was good, I had no issue replaying dungeons on higher difficulty to get better loot and fill out the bestiary, and if you keep doing that it's very easy to wind up outleveling most of the game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fuck

So

The story will stay totally stock and forgettable, but the combat will remain chefkiss - each character has a really different set of moves so your various party set ups can feel very different. The only thing you're in danger of is that because the combat was good, I had no issue replaying dungeons on higher difficulty to get better loot and fill out the bestiary, and if you keep doing that it's very easy to wind up outleveling most of the game.

This, more than anything I've heard so far, is selling me on the game. That is exactly how I like to play RPGs.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Yeah, all games should have demos, or at least give you a few hours to decide to return it if you buy digitally on console.

The Xbox does this for early access games, which is nice

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Something that's really intelligent about how the game works is that in addition to mana you have a second "type" of mana whose name I forget that only builds up in combat through your weaker abilities, and it gets spent before mana on your strong abilities, so even when grinding out normally you get to use all your cool abilities without tickling that part of your brain that goes "but what if you need that mana for the NEXT fight???"

Then there are characters that are better when spending mana, characters that are better when spending that temporary mana....

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My best friend and I have zero plans for our upcoming Memorial Day weekend, so we decided we'd spend one of the days trying to beat a video game.

We each offered three choices, so here are the six we'll draw from:

Chrono Trigger
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    Secret of Mana
    Shovel Knight
    Super Castlevania IV

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Something that's really intelligent about how the game works is that in addition to mana you have a second "type" of mana whose name I forget that only builds up in combat through your weaker abilities, and it gets spent before mana on your strong abilities, so even when grinding out normally you get to use all your cool abilities without tickling that part of your brain that goes "but what if you need that mana for the NEXT fight???"

Then there are characters that are better when spending mana, characters that are better when spending that temporary mana....

Overcharge

And yet that part of the brain still gets tickled because "But what if I need the actual mana for the upcoming boss? I better just stick with Overcharge." Of course that's 100% impossible because those goddamn drill machine enemies will massacre the party if I hold off on healing until Calibretto gets enough. Maybe another character will be better at it later on, but right now I've pretty much only unlocked Sword Man, Calibretto, Fist Girl, and Old Wizard.

• Options
    Do shovel knight or SoM since they’re multiplayer

• Options
    Fuck

Heads up the combat is heavily jrpg inspired so if you don’t like that combat it may not be for you.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Yeah even only a couple hours in I've been really surprised by how in depth the movesets are. The starting 3 characters fit the standard healer, tank, damage dealer roles but how they use those roles is super inventive. Like, the Tank can both reduce the damage she takes or convert portions of her damage to shields for whichever ally is the lowest health and the healer can just do a direct heal or cause All allies to heal 4 damage whenever they get hit for 3 turns and so on

It's way more inventive and experimental than most games in the genre

It also makes my dumb ass feel real smart sometimes. That healing for +4 whenever you take damage move is mostly just used to mitigate multi-attack moves, but I reduced the attack of an enemy that did them, so he only did 4 damage with each swing of his big 8-10 hit move and it ended up doing jack shit because I healed for 4 health every time he hit. MASTER STRATEGIST.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Welp I now own Battle Chasers. I hope y'all get your commission checks, you definitely earned them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.