As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Conflict starting in August

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It's because somewhere between +10-15 gear stops carrying people. Some classes fall off at different levels, but that is basically what happens every time. I only bother to do like +7-10 every week for the essences, it just isn't worth it to go through a handful off terrible groups that cant even finish a +12 for a chance to eventually get the +15 and 1 piece of 960 gear.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    How does the PVP set distribution work? I know old ones are available via honor token, but what about the newest seasons? The blue paladin armor is really great and I would like to farm for it, but have no idea how to get it.

There's no real rhyme or reason to when you'll get a armor bit. For the blue set, basically play a bunch of battlegrounds and win (they'll come as a random reward at the end of one), or keep a eye on PvP WQ's like the Warden Towers for specific bits that can show up as rewards.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Priest finished! Their garrison stuff was really easy compared to like just generally playing them.

On to the DK I've heard they are super weak without any ability to like take on whole zones...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DKs steamroll everything, especially as frost. IMO the hardest part for me was actually doing the quest to get the frost artifact, after that it was just godmode.
    PMAvers wrote: »
    How does the PVP set distribution work? I know old ones are available via honor token, but what about the newest seasons? The blue paladin armor is really great and I would like to farm for it, but have no idea how to get it.

There's no real rhyme or reason to when you'll get a armor bit. For the blue set, basically play a bunch of battlegrounds and win (they'll come as a random reward at the end of one), or keep a eye on PvP WQ's like the Warden Towers for specific bits that can show up as rewards.

In addition to that, you can obliterate extra pvp gear to get echoes of battle, which lets you buy pvp specific pieces for 75 of them. You get 1 Echo for obliterating the combatant gear (basically anything that will be <910 ilvl), and 15 from the gladiator gear which will be 910+. You can get both drops from random BG wins, and sometimes from losses if it was actually close. You can also do ranked 2v2, 3v3, or RBGs and each week basically build up to 1500 points, and youll get a random piece of glad gear that scales up with rating. It's like 70 points for a loss and like 140 for a win, or something close to that, so you don't even have to win to get the points, just takes longer.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I imagine once BfA is out I'll be able to just buy it, but hopefully I can get some Warsong Gultch victories before then and get lucky.

Oh also, you can buy the appearances for the past seasons with 12 marks of honor, which you also get from BG wins and occassionally from pvp WQs. So if you dont actually need the gear that's probably the easiest way to go.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm going blood for the fun of it, but I'm actively finding myself pulling more mobs just to burn them faster down. Only level 82, but again coming from that slow ass priest killing its super fun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    As testing continues in the Battle for Azeroth Beta, and we specifically consider the transition from Legion to BFA, we’ve decided to make the existing Keystone Master achievement permanent. There will not be a new achievement for completing a Mythic 15 or higher dungeon in the new expansion.

The artifact appearance associated with Keystone Master will still be available in Battle For Azeroth. Players can earn the achievement in Legion through August 13, or players can complete a Mythic 15 BFA dungeon at level 120, once Mythic Keystone difficulty opens a few weeks after the launch of Battle For Azeroth.

This means that the only artifact appearance that will become unobtainable with Battle For Azeroth is the Mage Tower base appearance.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619701815

Oh yeah, I knew I had forgotten an unlock.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Maybe this way the dungeon finder won't have so damn many carry groups. Also, given that the M+ system is by the most part intact going to BFA, makes sense.

That said, it would be nice to find a way to integrate ways to earn the old Challenge mods. Seems like a good use of those "Timewalking Keystones" idea.

One of the first posts I saw about this had a comment that said "Great, now group leaders can demand thing achievement right at the beginning of BfA"

Enigmedic wrote: »
    One of the first posts I saw about this had a comment that said "Great, now group leaders can demand thing achievement right at the beginning of BfA"

Those group leaders are morons since there isn't much difficulty to crush a +15 with 960+ ilvl.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Those group leaders are morons since there isn't much difficulty to crush a +15 with 960+ ilvl.

there isn't much difficulty to crush normal antorus with a 960+ ilvl either, and yet that's all that appears to be in group finder

I'm rushing to get some mage tower appearances done before they go away, and holy shit is LFR terrible. It's the perfect storm of requiring 0 effort, while taking twice as long as normal raids, making it the most soul-sucking, mind-numbing thing I've done in WoW in a long time. I don't want them to make it more difficult, but they REALLY need to give the bosses less health, just so you can be done with it faster.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm rushing to get some mage tower appearances done before they go away, and holy shit is LFR terrible. It's the perfect storm of requiring 0 effort, while taking twice as long as normal raids, making it the most soul-sucking, mind-numbing thing I've done in WoW in a long time. I don't want them to make it more difficult, but they REALLY need to give the bosses less health, just so you can be done with it faster.

wiping to Argus enrage until you have enough determination stacks for the people doing 300k DPS (at ilvl 930...how?) to do 500k DPS is par for the course

Dhalphir on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I could get some upgrades out of LFR but fuck that noise. I think the last time I went into one was because a did a mission to get a seal and figured I'd be willing to do one wing occasionally, while hoping I get pulled into a group that already has determination stacks. Just to avoid the madness. It's a pleasant surprise if you manage to one shot some of the harder bosses in LRF because you expect the group to wipe on the dumbest fucking thing. I'm so hoping the communities opens the chance for more casual raiding. Can't really do hardcore raiding, but wouldn't mind be able to do it again on the weekends with reasonable progress.

I don't know what it is with LFR but it is sole crushing and really not worth it.

I could justify it if the drops were aplenty, but after two full runs and two pieces of loot, that turned out to be just the same belt twice, I'd rather just grind argunite.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I don't know what it is with LFR but it is sole crushing and really not worth it.

I know exactly what it is. It's what happens when you make a piece of content that not only requires nothing from its participants, it allows people to fail their way to success eventually, so there's never any teachable moments.

When you can't actually completely fail, and only have to wipe X times until Determination auto-wins for you, then there's no incentive for anyone to improve or learn better. There are plenty of players in WoW who actually need to improve, but the game never forces them to, so they never will, and they'll ruin every LFR they join. If you get sufficient numbers of those people in your group, it's painful, if you get only a few, it's fine.

Add that to the fact that, being a piece of queuable content, there's no screening for any of those players, and you're just done.

As much as people squabbled over the Silver Proving Grounds requirement for WoD Heroics early on, they did actually make queued heroics a lot less painful than they'd typically be early on in that expansion's life. The people who were complaining about not being able to do it, and not being able to join queues, are precisely the people that you don't want in your runs, so the system was working as intended.

Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, I could get some upgrades out of LFR but fuck that noise. I think the last time I went into one was because a did a mission to get a seal and figured I'd be willing to do one wing occasionally, while hoping I get pulled into a group that already has determination stacks. Just to avoid the madness. It's a pleasant surprise if you manage to one shot some of the harder bosses in LRF because you expect the group to wipe on the dumbest fucking thing. I'm so hoping the communities opens the chance for more casual raiding. Can't really do hardcore raiding, but wouldn't mind be able to do it again on the weekends with reasonable progress.

It requires literally nothing from its participants, except for time.

Have you ever had periods of your job where there's absolutely nothing going on, no work to do, but you also can't leave, or do anything recreationally to pass the time? It's like that. You're just...sitting there, and then after awhile, it's over, and most of the time you have nothing to show for it.

LFR is so terrible. Thank god my wife did normal with me and realized it was like 3x as fast and had better gear, you just need to pay attention a little more. And she has kind of figured out her rotation and pulls around 1m dps, so it isn't even a problem. also ive turned her into a cocky little shit in pvp because i just healbot her.

TryCatcher wrote: »

there isn't much difficulty to crush normal antorus with a 960+ ilvl either, and yet that's all that appears to be in group finder

Morons are abundant, what's new.

LFR is simple: People AFK on LFR all the time. There's no amount of boss health that will fix that.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I have forced myself through gearing about 5 characters in the last month in LFR because of how powerful the prospect of getting tier is. Also doing Argus ASAP for that free lego ring.

I kind of try to guide them through it but often times there is just nothing you can do. I think the best one though was when I was on a char who could tank. The tank said he could do insane dps so I offered to do the tanking cause we were just not coming close to enrage. And well... he did the dps. Over 2 mil the whole fight. Which made me wonder who the hell he was carrying. Likely queued with a friend as a tank for the quick pop.

I just did it on my fresh Shaman and first time was just horrid. But we went over shit while waiting to wipe and .... second time went well. I mean orbs went all over but we still got it.

Now if I could get a damn Legendary drop on this char. I am doing every invasion that comes up and have about 7 emissaries done, and all of a LFR run. Over 5 Argunite pieces without even finishing the quest line (so hard farmed out). Not a legendary drop yet. I am almost able to buy one.

sometimes I like to jump in LFR on my mains just for something to do over AFKing in Dalaran while watching Netflix or sports. Bit more engaging than just staring at my 2nd monitor, I think people should do it more often. LFR success would go up substantially.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The problem there is that it's pretty rare that people do anything in this game just to have something to do, they're too wired into the reward feedback loop

liEt3nH.png
    It took me about a week to get from 870 to 930 on my rogue, more than enough to steamroll the mage challenges without any problems. I guess if I were so inclined, I could probably get them all. Buuuut, turns out I don't actually like most of them

I've done all six tank ones, and it's not like I'm ever going to main anything that isn't a tank, so...

Almost 10 years and many frustrations later, I now have the Silver Hand Tabard.

#cross one off the list.

It took me about a week to get from 870 to 930 on my rogue, more than enough to steamroll the mage challenges without any problems. I guess if I were so inclined, I could probably get them all. Buuuut, turns out I don't actually like most of them

Almost all of the appearances for the Paladin are over-designed, gaudy garbage. The only ones I feel look decent are the first variations of Ashbringer.

Which is a shame. One would think you could make some swords, shields, and maces that don't look like your art director just kept shouting "ADD MORE EFFECTS, MAKE IT LARGER" until you are carrying a garage door that looks like a rave party is going on.

I personally hate EVERYTHING that is titan themed. It's like they took a bunch of leggos and vaguely made something in the shape of a weapon, and told the modelers to make that. It all just looks blocky, big, and ugly. A lot of the paladin stuff is ugly, but a couple of the holy appearances are at least salvageable, namely the reinhart skins. The prot shields just seem so out of place because they are a much higher resolution than pretty much any of the armor they would be worn with. It's kind of like the movie promo skins, they just look wrong with everything.

I really like the druid forms, but man I severely dislike feral and I'm not sure I want to do the tank challenge again.

The feral challenge is a pain as there are some mostly mandatory talents you need to do it. The tank one is pretty easy with certain leggos. You dont even need to be in the shadow circle to swipe the first dude if you have the extra range leggo and take the balance affinity for more range. Makes killing him and the adds really easy.

edited May 2018
    Yeah but my druid is still level 100 and meh. Maybe if I get bored again.

EDIT: Though I guess I should get as many appearances as I can, since I'm still planning on race changing to Zandalari when those become available.

Javen on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I personally hate EVERYTHING that is titan themed. It's like they took a bunch of leggos and vaguely made something in the shape of a weapon, and told the modelers to make that. It all just looks blocky, big, and ugly. A lot of the paladin stuff is ugly, but a couple of the holy appearances are at least salvageable, namely the reinhart skins. The prot shields just seem so out of place because they are a much higher resolution than pretty much any of the armor they would be worn with. It's kind of like the movie promo skins, they just look wrong with everything.

I don’t mind the baseline looks, but for my paladin I actually use the transmog from the fully-upgraded BS-crafted sword and shield from the last expansion. Always liked how those looked.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Man the amount of luck involved to hit 930 in one week

You can easily go two weeks of full LFR clears and never get a good drop. Sure there is Argunite gear but if you are lucky enough to get a lego drop in week 1 that still would only put you at about 925. And that would be if you manually grinded out argunite from chests and rares until your eyes bleed.

Kai_San wrote: »
    Man the amount of luck involved to hit 930 in one week

You can easily go two weeks of full LFR clears and never get a good drop. Sure there is Argunite gear but if you are lucky enough to get a lego drop in week 1 that still would only put you at about 925. And that would be if you manually grinded out argunite from chests and rares until your eyes bleed.

I got 2 drops from LFR in as many weeks, and they're both the same item, so effectively only one.

I got about 4k argunite from doing the argus quests, and WQs/elite along the way, and invasions/rifts or whatever. Argus world quests are very generous with relics, which helps a lot, plus the guaranteed legendary you get for beating Argus the Unmaker.

The character had a legendary already, but it was from really early in the expansion, so I had to blow 300 essences to boost it to 1000.

It's totally doable. You're basically guaranteed to get 1 leggo from emissary, m+ chest, argus rares/invasions, and lfr, and then youll probably have close to if not enough to buy a leggo token. That alone pushes you pretty high. Then you just start your own raid for normal antorus and get a couple drops. It's even easier if you get lucky and warforge some stuff from lfr. Part of the trick is not being toxic in the raid though. If you are no one will trade anything to you. A week and a half is probably more realistic, but if you were to measure from like friday to friday it's technically 1 week but 2 different lockouts. You can also get some easy pvp pieces to just boost your ilvl even though the stats will probably be wrong.
    Yeah but my druid is still level 100 and meh. Maybe if I get bored again.

EDIT: Though I guess I should get as many appearances as I can, since I'm still planning on race changing to Zandalari when those become available.

I don't think i'd bother then. The zandalari skins are good enough on their own and leveling is tedious.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I really like the druid forms, but man I severely dislike feral and I'm not sure I want to do the tank challenge again.

In theory if you did a race change if you already had a guardian druid you could switch for it easy enough. The gorilla bear form is pretty cool but if I make a kul tiran druid I am not sure I would use it over wicker bear thing.

I have done two characters through Argus already and was always the same:
    • Farm Augunite for Every. Single. Slot. That includes all 3 relics and 2 trinkets per spec. You will get a lot of AP and 1, maybe 2 leggos that way. Trick is to not start on daily Essence farming (aka Emmisaries and daily Heroics) until you are done with that, it should get you to 930 or so by itself, since it includes said Leggos. Of course, you want to get the OH upgrade to wear both ASAP.
    • Once that's done, go straight into LFR and Normal Antorus. You start to get 930+ pieces and can start to go full on Essence farming for Leggos. Congratulations, you are on the gear treadmill!

You will get a few lucky WFs/TFs and also (hopefully) the base Argus trinket when you kill Normal Argus, though is hard to get it drop for other specs besides the first one that you kill it.

I was really surprised not to see dozens of Ulduar Timewalking raids in the group finder. It's normalized ilvl, so literally everyone can do it, and its 930 base loot. That's insane.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's because Ulduar is terrible.

This discussion has been closed.