As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    you can recap guy on a buffalo, but not our sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuxMNMijPcw

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    you can recap guy on a buffalo, but not our sessions.

x56emi6p76od.gif

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    how come melissa's mom let's her have TWO thursday games?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Nice! What else you playing today?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i am in a current state of not very good, hopefully this is sorted out before game time, but the past few days have taken a physical toll on me.

• Options
    It's all right, don't push yourself. Just let me know when you're ready to call it one way or another.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm also on the garbage train, so if we have to cancel it wouldn't be the worst thing ever

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    oh, I finished a city of mist game about a hour ago

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    All right, I'm gonna call it then. I'll still be hanging out in the discord while I do other stuff though.

• Options
    well, for the first time in a while I've been thinking about making an elf of some sort

my inspiration is a little suspect, I'd say

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I swear, if you try and pull some Dark Eldar shenanigans...

• Options
    I'd warn you, first

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    why ask who watches the poopmen

when we should be asking when

game happening tonight?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I’m planning on it, if everyone’s well.

• Options
    i am not feeling like i am going to die

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm in

• Options
    One of you is going to have to remind me what the hell we were up to last time, because some huge jackass failed to write session summaries for the last two sessions despite having like a month to do it now...

• Options
    If I recall correctly, we had just finished finding the spaceships at the bottom of the well, covered in metal bugs when the lady with lighting blows (who's dating a water Lady) came rappelling down. We conferred on the best course of action with regards to the self mutilating wizard that is probably going to resurrect himself while in police custody.

• Options
    also, i had just gotten a cool new hat that can summon dogs into being.

• Options
    I thought it was a glove?

• Options
    no that glove steals shadows.

• Options
    D&D everybody!

• Options
    dog hat better be a magic item reward

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Having trouble getting away from work, I may be late. But I may not. I'll keep you all posted.

• Options
    Work crisis averted, I'm home, will be in the chat in half an hour or so.

• Options
    hello thursday friends

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    hello

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Session Four (The Old Kulshedra Port Catacombs)
    "I'm DJ MCS and I'm here to say, my wife sometimes fucks other men and that's OK."

Session Five (Always Confirm the Kill)
    "These Wizards came from the Moon!"

Session Six (The Hospitality of the Anchorite)
    "These priests of the legendary Mad God who shattered the Golden Age sure seem to love helping us... are we actually the bad guys?"

Summary
    After vanquishing the Vorukk Wizard in the Hall of Champions, the team opted to investigate the tunnels below, correctly guessing that it lead to the same subterranean ruins that Lady Octavia's warehouse was built to guard. They encountered a number of creatures that were later identified as Lunar Knife Beetles, monsters that apparently migrated to this world on the hulls of the ancient skyships that they also found. There was also evidence of a salvage operation attempting to disassemble the skyships and use them for other devices, most notably a pump system that definitely played a role in all this underground construction happening in a coastal region in the first place. They also fought more Vorukk wizards, and managed to take one of them hostage, but he was a low-ranking initiate and wasn't able to tell them much, other than that the senior wizard they'd killed in the Hall of Champions, Magister Rhuekk was probably going to "get over" being dead.

The one mostly in-tact skyship was in a chamber that seemed to have been built as its tomb, with no feasible exits, and was also the primary nesting area for the Knife Beetles. Rather than face hundreds of Knife Beetles with badly depleted resources, the team decided to go back above ground. Returning to a central part of the ruins, they found Luna, who was searching desperately for Lady Octavia, who had last been seen headed towards the warehouse. She and the team climbed back into the warehouse and determined that Lady Octavia must have been captured. Luna charged off to get her own answers, probably by punching imperial soldiers, while the team headed back to the Hall of Champions.

At the Hall, the team found a squad of Shieldbearers who were happy to tell them what's up with the body of that wizard they killed earlier. The Shieldbearers seemed to have figured out that the team was involved in the killing, but as extremely reluctant partners of the Empire, the Dwarf officer on duty feigned lack of comprehension, and ignored the team while they planned their next step.

The team then headed up to the Inner City, where they sought sanctuary at the temple of the Anchorite of Broken Skies, the famously unpredictable god of Storms and Dreams. One of the senior priests, an Air Genasi named Brother Cirroc, was extremely helpful, revealing that his god had sent him a vision of the party. He offered sanctuary while they rested, and considerable tactical support planning their next move, scrying to verify Lady Octavia's predicament, as well as to provide an external view of the camp where she was being held. He also loaned the team a Flying Broomstick. He also confirmed somewhat the theories regarding the origins of the skyships and the ancient lunar civilization his God had once been patron over, but was strangely evasive about the details.

During the night, a strange dream befell Mitzy, where an entity resembling the Anchorite appeared, and offered an undefined "favor" in exchange for taking the borrowed broomstick and instead of returning it to the temple after the mission, leaving it on an alter in an older part of the city. Mitzy agreed to this with practically no resistance.

Important People
    Magister Rhuekk - Apparently a pretty high ranking guy in the Disciples of Vorukk, the wizard with his face all carved up who got killed in the Hall of Champions and had his shadow monster making gauntlet swiped. According to a junior wizard who was interrogated, he can probably "get over" being dead if his body isn't properly destroyed.

Sgt. Runeshield - A Dwarf in the Shieldbearers, from a family that's been involved in the city guard for as long as anyone remembers. Despite the Shieldbearer's political relationship with the Empire, he seemed unimpressed with them, and willing to 'play dumb' with regards to the team's activities. He said that Magister Rhuekk's body was gone before his squad arrived.

Hank Fang - My notes said the uncle of the Fang Bros. was named Hank. He was also gone from the arena before Sgt. Runeshield's squad arrived.

Mr. Cuckolded Sloth - Creator of fine bespoke Boast Raps.

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, dammit, Doug's gone. Well! Next week!

• Options
    If it's any consolation, I spent too much time out of doors yesterday without sunblock I resemble a lobster more than a man.

• Options
    the hateful star always takes its due

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Freshly back from The Great White North I have only one question: We on tonight?

• Options
    heck yes we are (I hope)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I’m planning on it

• Options
    Having my traditional pre-D&D bacon cheeseburger as we speak

• Options
    oh dang that sounds really good

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i am alive.

• Options
    zephy will never have the charisma to justify this: https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=2162339

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    just pretend she's singing about a dungeon

or treasure

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on: