As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peter Gabriel song. What tour is this? Is the concert available somewhere?

BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
edited May 2018 in Help / Advice Forum
So I came across this on youtube:
Peter Gabriel performing Solsbury Hill AND cycling on the same time :D

And I just really like the positive vibe and energy that comes across, but I have not been able to find out any details regarding the concert the performance comes from ie. what tour was it. The main goal is then of course to then track down a dull concert video/album.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
BlindZenDriver on

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So I came across this on youtube:
    Peter Gabriel performing Solsbury Hill AND cycling on the same time :D

And I just really like the positive vibe and energy that comes across, but I have not been able to find out any details regarding the concert the performance comes from ie. what tour was it. The main goal is then of course to then track down a dull concert video/album.

To start, I can tell you that while that video was uploaded in 2010, it is not from his 2010 tour - the New Blood tour. I saw him on that one, which was with the New Blood Orchestra and a very different stage arrangement to accommodate them.

• Options
    It's from the Growing Up tour from 2002/2003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcm3EygFVc Solsbury Hill on the bike is at about 1:37:00.

Check out the song starting at the 1:13:00 or so mark for another interesting presentation :-)

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcm3EygFVc Solsbury Hill on the bike is at about 1:37:00.

Check out the song starting at the 1:13:00 or so mark for another interesting presentation :-)

You nailed it. Thank you very much.

Great concert. The music, the performance and just the whole vibe. And fun with the props also - a fun way he sort of brings his music videos on stage like fx. with the light jacket as a nod to the Sledgehammer video.
    Peter Gabriel has always been one to experiment, mixing art forms and what not. Love it.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That tour was incredible. My brother & I saw it in DC. So much about it was just batshit crazy. I still tell people about it all the time. I was just the other day telling my wife about how he did an entire song walking upside down and another in a giant hamster ball.

How my brother scored 3rd row tickets I'll never understand.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options

Great concert. The music, the performance and just the whole vibe. And fun with the props also - a fun way he sort of brings his music videos on stage like fx. with the light jacket as a nod to the Sledgehammer video.
    Peter Gabriel has always been one to experiment, mixing art forms and what not. Love it.

You should check out his tour with Sting that they did a couple of years ago. Great vibe and energy throughout, and they both clearly had a lot of fun. It started off with PG and his band doing a couple songs and then Sting and his band doing a couple. As things went on you'd get one of them playing with both bands, each coming out during the other's songs to sing backup or sing a verse or sometimes just dance, and even singing each other's big hits at times. By the end you'd have both out there singing together with both full bands playing. It was a surprisingly good show.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular

You should check out his tour with Sting that they did a couple of years ago. Great vibe and energy throughout, and they both clearly had a lot of fun. It started off with PG and his band doing a couple songs and then Sting and his band doing a couple. As things went on you'd get one of them playing with both bands, each coming out during the other's songs to sing backup or sing a verse or sometimes just dance, and even singing each other's big hits at times. By the end you'd have both out there singing together with both full bands playing. It was a surprisingly good show.

I can confirm, saw this show at the Hollywood Bowl and it was incredible.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options

Thank you for the tip. I shall look for it.
    I do like Sting although not unconditionally and I sort of wrote him off as too pretty/boring somewhere after he did Nothing like the Sun and the work with Gil Evans. However I can imagine PG make anyone come alive so...:-)

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah, that is still one of my favourite concerts I've ever been to.