As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    What's the going rate for transit diodes?

What would you want it to be? 5TG equivalents is what I would like. Since the game may or may not be ending soon, I guess what can you do for me? Its not a tech I can really use so I'd need *something* for it.
    El Skid wrote: »
    Meatbags losing MR would have been worth an infantry and a cruiser for me...oh well.

Research time I guess!

@38thDoe Before you start offering free techs can we complete our deal now?

Well the thing about free tech is I can just get what I want. I guess we can deal now. You are unable to move out of that system now though.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Cool, just asking then. Carry on.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What's the going rate for transit diodes?

What would you want it to be? 5TG equivalents is what I would like. Since the game may or may not be ending soon, I guess what can you do for me? Its not a tech I can really use so I'd need *something* for it.
    Meatbags losing MR would have been worth an infantry and a cruiser for me...oh well.

Research time I guess!

@38thDoe Before you start offering free techs can we complete our deal now?

Well the thing about free tech is I can just get what I want. I guess we can deal now. You are unable to move out of that system now though.

I mean, you would have to trust us to move out immediately when the round starts... but with the tech you’d be giving us we could exhaust the planets at the same time, so there’s no reason to sit on them at all.

You’ve seen throughout the game that we are beings of our word- honestly if you’re worried about us betraying you at this point you have FAR more pressing problems than whether we will move out of someone else’s system.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Cool, just asking then. Carry on.

It doesn't have to be goods, it could be services/planets what have you. I understand your position though. No worries.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @38thDoe I don't really have anything I feel comfortable trading for it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    No we are still trusting and Naive, and appreciate how honorable you have been.
    This is a tough time of day/day of week for us to negotiate.
    So we integrate your economy, you move out and we move in this turn?

@Brody We know, we said free tech. Depending on ongoing negotiations with other races.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah, I just didn't want confusion at the end. I wouldn't say no to free tech.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

Brody We know, we said free tech. Depending on ongoing negotiations with other races.

Okay so reading back... You wanted me to vacate LirtaIV system and sit down with the ghosts. I wanted trade goods and the tech.

So the two unresolved things are:

- TGs. We need them to fulfill objectives and you have many. If all your goods are currently in use, we would take your trade note... else the 4 TGs would be wonderful straight up.

- @Brody we need to sit down. Your demand we move out of your system as a price for peace carries a price tag, especially with the new 2 VP objective in play. What are you offering in return for these planets back? Your ceasefire at least is mandatory.

• Options
    @El Skid otherwise I will do everything in my power to continue to hamper your chances of winning.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    @El Skid otherwise I will do everything in my power to continue to hamper your chances of winning.

So literally nothing, or just the ceasefire is your offer?

• Options

Brody We know, we said free tech. Depending on ongoing negotiations with other races.

Okay so reading back... You wanted me to vacate LirtaIV system and sit down with the ghosts. I wanted trade goods and the tech.

- TGs. We need them to fulfill objectives and you have many. If all your goods are currently in use, we would take your trade note... else the 4 TGs would be wonderful straight up.

- @Brody we need to sit down. Your demand we move out of your system as a price for peace carries a price tag, especially with the new 2 VP objective in play. What are you offering in return for these planets back? Your ceasefire at least is mandatory.

Can I get the trade goods to you later? As we can trade on any of our turns that way I can get them to you when you need them. I'm not sure how things are going to shake out with strategy card selection and what I'm actually going to do this turn.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    With regards to transactions in the Agenda phase:
    You have one transaction per 'Vote' step.
    You shouldn't be able to complete transactions after the artifact was rolled as that is in the 'Outcome' step.

But it's your game, so whatever you guys decide.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to complete transactions after the artifact was rolled as that is in the 'Outcome' step.

Yeah, this is totally a good faith agreement based on the one thing happening now, this is understood :)

• Options

Can I get the trade goods to you later? As we can trade on any of our turns that way I can get them to you when you need them. I'm not sure how things are going to shake out with strategy card selection and what I'm actually going to do this turn.

We worry you’ll be the victims of TG theft, but understand. If you like you can pay us the TGs as we leave Lirta system?

Whenever you’re ready to complete the transaction feel free to proceed- as you see we are negociating in good faith with the ghosts... at this point we can’t promise anything because they seem unwilling to negociate back...

• Options
    If you want me to stop attacking you, move out of Abyz/Fria

• Options

You make us sad.

@38thdoe if this is too much we can continue negociations during the round, but ask that you not give any free tech to the ghosts. This may end up with us holding onto the planets farther intk the round though...

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

Where are you reading this? From section 83.6, I'm reading transaction windows during the Agenda Phase as agnostic of step (for each Agenda), not just only during substep ii of each agenda (section 8).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

You make us sad.

38thdoe if this is too much we can continue negociations during the round, but ask that you not give any free tech to the ghosts. This may end up with us holding onto the planets farther intk the round though...

Note also if you give us this technology now rather than later we can invade the hacan homeworlds immediately, sonplease give it some thought

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    I'm not quite sure how Integrated Economy helps you get to my home system? It let's you build more troops to be mercenaries with, but they're still locked down for the turn. I'm also not sure what VP you're going for by attacking me; you've got more resources than anyone else on the board, and enough influence to score that objective as well. Feel free to attack me, it just... Doesn't really help you win. Just my $0.02, for what little it's worth.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    I'm not quite sure how Integrated Economy helps you get to my home system? It let's you build more troops to be mercenaries with, but they're still locked down for the turn. I'm also not sure what VP you're going for by attacking me; you've got more resources than anyone else on the board, and enough influence to score that objective as well. Feel free to attack me, it just... Doesn't really help you win. Just my $0.02, for what little it's worth.

It lets me attack your home system and keep it... I can rebuild from whatever losses you inflict.

And with your VP total and *2* unrevealed secret objectives, if you arent nullified then I can’t win... so sorry :-/

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Where are you reading this? From section 83.6, I'm reading transaction windows during the Agenda Phase as agnostic of step (for each Agenda), not just only during substep ii of each agenda (section 8).

Transaction section:
    83.6 During each “Vote” step of the agenda phase, a player may
    perform one transaction with each other player, even if those
    players are not his neighbors.

Agenda section:
    STEP 1—FIRST AGENDA: Players resolve the first agenda by
    following these steps in order:
    i. REVEAL AGENDA: The speaker draws one agenda card
    from the top of the agenda deck and reads it aloud to
    all players, including all of its possible outcomes.
    ii. VOTE: Each player, starting with the player to the left
    of the speaker and continuing clockwise, can cast votes
    for an outcome of the current agenda.
    iii.RESOLVE OUTCOME: Players tally each vote that was
    cast and resolve the outcome that received the most
    votes.

discrider on
  • Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Transaction section:
    83.6 During each “Vote” step of the agenda phase, a player may
    perform one transaction with each other player, even if those
    players are not his neighbors.

Agenda section:
    STEP 1—FIRST AGENDA: Players resolve the first agenda by
    following these steps in order:
    i. REVEAL AGENDA: The speaker draws one agenda card
    from the top of the agenda deck and reads it aloud to
    all players, including all of its possible outcomes.
    ii. VOTE: Each player, starting with the player to the left
    of the speaker and continuing clockwise, can cast votes
    for an outcome of the current agenda.
    iii.RESOLVE OUTCOME: Players tally each vote that was
    cast and resolve the outcome that received the most
    votes.
    The Living Rules Reference has revised the text of section 83.6 to read:
    83.6 While resolving each of the two agendas during the agenda phase, a player may perform one transaction with each other player, even if those players are not his neighbors.
    so it's more open in terms of timing compared to the originally-published rules reference.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Give N'orr Research agreement, Research Integrated Economy and Infantry II, destroy two destroyees.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Return research agreement to Jol Nar in exchange for receiving integrated economy.

Destroy a cruiser and a destroyee in Home System to research lightwave Deflector and Magen Defence Grid

• Options
    If We do nothing else in this game, we’ll be the most technologically advanced N’orr ever :p

• Options
    @MrBlarney for the next item on this horrible roller coaster

• Options
    The second agenda is drawn off the top of the deck:
    Space Pirates (Directive)
    For: All planets with influence are overrun with metroids and are unusable for the rest of the game.
    Against: Samus destroys all planets with resources

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

It lets me attack your home system and keep it... I can rebuild from whatever losses you inflict.

And with your VP total and *2* unrevealed secret objectives, if you arent nullified then I can’t win... so sorry :-/

We seem to not be communicating effectively.

Yes, we have the most VP. We also have nearly the worst set of planets in the galaxy, second only to the Ghosts of Creuss. The current objectives that are out and unscored by us require 16 resources (only you and Jol-Nar can score that right now, or have any reasonable means of doing so), and spending 5 Trade Goods (which would require me to take Trade twice, given that nobody is going to be trading with me. Regarding my unscored Secret Objectives, one of them is absolutely impossible to score in a single round. The other I am in no position to be going out to chase down. I have no sizable fleet to do anything with. Even my technology choices are purely defensive.

You attacking us does stop us from winning, we agree. However, in and of itself, it does not help you to win. Instead, it helps Jol-Nar and Sol to win, by pointing your fleet as far from them as possible. You need points as well; building ships and attacking simply exhausts your planets and leaves you no resources with which to score. We are fully aware that nothing we can say or do will stop you from attacking us. We just want to make sure that you are aware that your mercenary efforts shall ensure a Jol-Nar victory. Perhaps their continued testing on your prior planets and increased aggression to your current holdings on Bereg and Lirta IV have you scared. This is fine. We wish you the best.

Personally, we welcome the Space Pirate Overlords who shall overrun Mecatol Rex and eliminate these agendas and the galactic council.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    I'm leaning towards letting Samus blow up the planets myself, we can't seem to research an Ice Beam. I can give you 10 trade goods to vote my way.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Note: Jol-Nar must exhaust Lazar and Wellon for their for its tech bonuses in order to gain Integrated Economy from the Ixthian Artifact research, resulting in a loss of two votes for this agenda.

The second agenda is revealed from the agenda deck:
    Minister of Industry (Law)
    Elect Player: The elected player gains this card. When the owner of this card places a space dock in a system, his units in that system may use their Production abilities.

Voting Order
    Federation of Sol: Up to 13 votes
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Up to 12 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Up to 9 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Up to 3 votes
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 6 votes
    The Arborec: Up to 15 votes

At least 24 hours for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations, unless all players collectively call for voting to start before then.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Give me the law, since I don’t use space docks.

Steam
  • Options
    Understood, Space Lions. We are not stopping the meatbags from winning with this move... we can only so so much at one time.

Leaving you alone to complete secret objectives however can’t happen... so here we are. I think we both understand each other at this point.

• Options
    I have one yellow so I should only need to use one planet because of our racial right?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh, i have no vetoes or anything to play, and am ready to proceed with voting.

Steam
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    We would be very interested in getting elected here

El Skid on
  • Options
    I have one yellow so I should only need to use one planet because of our racial right?
    Oh, whoops. For some reason, I thought there was an extra prereq on the Technology. So you should still have your full votes. I'll correct the previous post.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    We would suggest not giving the most warlike race with the most resources more capabilities to build. We have no issues with giving this to the Arborec or the Ghosts of Creuss.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Can everyone agree we should give this to the Ghosts to give them some comeback ability?

• Options
    edited May 2018
    We note that our friends the Librarians and our friends-in-prolonging-the-game Treefolk together control half the votes, with the Treefolk holding the tiebreaker.

As our feline enemies have noted I am currently far from the Meatbags- this election could help with that.

Could we perhaps come to an arrangement?

El Skid on
  • Options
    I think current thoughts are on @Brody @38thDoe and @Zombie Hero, with regards to @El Skid wanting more firepower. Lykouragh and I seem to be on the same page, of giving the Ghosts some help.

8BFpSWC.png