As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Granblue Fantasy] free cats for everyone!!

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    After box 4 you have to entirely empty a box to move on to the next one

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I reset right away for the first 4, but after that you have to empty everything out.

I'm not even sure why I'm 44 boxing beyond "I think I can do it," I don't even have the gold bars to make Seox, much less 5* him.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    After box 4 you have to entirely empty a box to move on to the next one
    Oh? Wasn't sure the rule was the same for GW for the story event boxes given how much bigger the GW box was. That's kind of awful.

Then again this is one of my best elements so maybe I should get at least a little more work in...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Is it predicted yet what the element of the next recurring event (GW/Xeno) is?

Xeno Ifrit or Sag, I think?

Trying to figure out if I need to plan to get my water or fire grids in shape or if I can keep working on stuff I care about more.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I think I heard Ifrit

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Are you having to go deep in every box or are you getting lucky? RNG has not been that kind to me so far, just cleared box 2 and I had to get most of both box 1 and 2.

After the third box, you can't reset them until they're totally empty

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I think I heard Ifrit

I hear Ifrit every time. It's going to be true, eventually.

PLA on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I actually figured it would have been Xeno Ifrit before Vohu, but I guess they sort of did Ifrit, then Vohu, then Ifrit again, then everything else

So maybe next up will be Ifrit

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm glad Ifrit is coming back. My fire grid has needed a decent Xeno for a long time and each time Ifrit came around in the past I wasn't playing seriously.

Want an Ifrit-mainhand, but I'd be better off with water-grid, probably.

I wouldn't mind getting a second Xeno fire weapon, though depending on if I'm willing to dump damascus into my three Ixaba I dunno if it's incredibly necessary

My water grid is preeeeeetty trash so that's going to be interesting.

I'm starved for skill fodder but I can get the basics to round into shape but then I don't have much for EX weapons or Big normals and Water race selection is kind of dumb so I don't have a Baha to use either.

Ish gonna be bad.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Xeno Ifrit is honestly one of the easier ones, the only big thing he does is large packets of damage at certain HP threshholds

Defensive characters are really good, particularly those with damage cuts like Charlotta, Lily, Romeo (Or you can use Yodarha on some of the single target triggers)

edited May 2018
    I just never feel like I have the right combination of mainhands for the right class+set of characters to do what I want in Water. I always feel like I'm lacking something between seeming to need Veil/Clarity, buffs, debuffs, a damage cut, and an actual attacker for any fight. Mind, all my mainhands are garbage so that's half the problem, but...

I have Yoda, Socie, S. Izmir, Izmir, Lily, Lilele, and Vajra.

No one has any DATA aside from personal on Yoda and Socie. My only cut's on Lily, who also has the only Clarity. Socie has the only debuffs (Vajra doesn't really count with the hilariously short duration on her paralyze). The buffs are spread out on a number of people but they all somehow have the feel of utility buffers to me.

A lot of times I find myself running...
    Spartan, Yoda, S. Izmir, Socie
    but if I need a double cut because the triggers/ougis happen too frequently, I have to also use Lily which means I'm going to lose either buffs, debuffs, or the only person doing any damage on that team.

Alternatively, I've started experimenting with
    Elysian, Lilele, Socie/Izmir, Vajra
    But that team blows up as soon as I need a cut.

Of course, the real central problem is I don't have a Water Spear worth a damn...

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Waving the white flag, there's no way I'm gonna 44 box this, my clear times are just too slow to make it feasible on my sanity. I could just blast ex+ and maybe do it if I did nothing else, but 1) it's still too slow (4-5 turns at just under 1 minute, 2 turns in strike time) and 2) then I miss out on valor badges since I was dumb enough to solo myself into the "need to get 15 million crew honor a day" tier. I'll end up opening somewhere around 28-30 boxes if I just take it easy from here on out, and then I can finish up Seox's 5* next GW. Hell, it'll probably take me that long to gather all the low orbs and white dragon scales anyways.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Got my 4 bows, starting on daggers again. Hoping to get 4 for a Fire or Dark dagger. Doubt I'll need Light or Water and I've got Earth and Wind already.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Finished the daggers, just need one more harp. Any extras go toward skill levels (just got my Xeno harp to skill 10, earlier)

Edit: or should I be saving the spares from these for something else?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited May 2018
    Harps in particular? Dark and Earth have pretty good harps without it, but otherwise you could probably find a use for a mainhand of each element.
    Then either eight or fortyfour harps for completing Nine.

PLA on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    No I meant, is there another use for these UnF SSR weapons, after we finish collecting the main four for uncaps, other than skill fodder?

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Nope, just mainhands and characters. Nothing else special.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    No I meant, is there another use for these UnF SSR weapons, after we finish collecting the main four for uncaps, other than skill fodder?

It isn't recommended to use UnF weapons for skill fodder. After 4 for the initial uncap save the others to make progress towards a 5* uncap on the eternal or switch to a different weapon.

Bluecyan on
    Okay, that is what I was asking for, thank you.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    PLA wrote: »
    Harps in particular? Dark and Earth have pretty good harps without it, but otherwise you could probably find a use for a mainhand of each element.
    Then either eight or fortyfour harps for completing Nine.
    You can probably be just fine using a Grimnir Harp in Wind instead of making the GW Harp as well. 20% DATA+Mirror Image is competitive vs 2k healing+debuff success imo.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Rotating trials are being shockingly cooperative. It was light before so I could get the missing White Dragon Scales, it's Dark now for intending to make a Dark bow to make the Song fight easiest.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Think I'll hang back and just story-events, a while. I'm fucking tired of grinding magical nonsense-weapons every day.

I just hope the next story event weapon isn't a sword so I can take it easy.

If it is, well, sword stones...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    You know what, Dominion Harp is not bad, either. So maybe Water and Fire are the main beneficiaries. You might make Zhuque work with Agni.

Oh neat, we won the crew battle. I’ll gladly take those 1000 tokens.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I just need 7.5 million honors to get the Intricacy Ring and then GW can fuck off for two months, thank god.

Or I could go nuts trying to hit top 30k (which would get me enough badges for a sunstone) but lol nope nope nope.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i logged onto this GW for one day and got one bow and i think that's about all i can do with my current burnout

liEt3nH.png
    I hit the Gold moon, so I was pleased. Now it's down to whether I can muster up the drive to clear another box and change for two more daggers. I still don't know whether I prefer it in Fire or Dark, to boot.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    uuuuuugggggghhhhhh i want the gold moon but also time is valuable

edited May 2018
    WVW9rFq.png?1

Let's not do that again

edit: wtf why was that so huge

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Pfft, suckers, I'm stopping at 5 000 000.

edited May 2018
    Cleared my 8th box, so picked up 4 bows and 4 daggers this GW. Very pleased with that. And we're even leading right now, though who knows how long that'll last.

Unfortunately I decided to make both the Bow and the next Dagger Dark because I'm some kind of idiot, so the dagger is going to likely have to wait for awhile while I'm bottlenecking myself on mats. Though given that I'm really bottlenecked on the Champ Merits more than anything else at this point, who knows.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    We won one! And got 1000 tokens hooray!

Things I learned this guild wars:

1) Apparently harps make machine gun noises. I can only assume this is how they came to be used as weapons, with the sound literally frightening enemies to death. Also Elysian is really, really fun to play and I doubt I'll be using anything else in earth for a while.

2) Eustace is a Good Dog. I ran Ilsa/Eustace/Siegfried the entire event and, while Sieg was definitely the mvp (20% water cut helped out a ton), Eustace's second skill actually let me sniff the damage cap occasionally which was always fun. Also his charge attack does around 3.4 million which is a very satisfying number to see pop up on the screen.

3) Don't leave exactly 20 meat unused and then get all surprised when you end up 300,000 honors away from top 70k; at that point you're almost asking for it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Potato-event upcoming.

edited May 2018
    Legfes up, Grand Cain, SSR Lunalu, and new SSR Summon Gorilla.

Yes, Gorilla.

The new summon is literally just a gorilla named "Gorilla"

Edit:

This game is amazing

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    2 days until the shop rotates and I can finally unlock Glorybringer. Gonna be a good time.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.