As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Watching Thread of [The Walking Dead]

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Good?
    If your argument is, "But the walking dead has never been about the zombies, it's about the people." While that holds true for the comic it hasn't been the case for the show since the first season (and I'd argue even the comics suffer from this a bit too these days).

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the Gabriel plot until the end. That was some fun story telling for most of the episode.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Gabriel, you've turned off your targeting computer!!!!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I look forward to seeing this catapult launching zombie heads.

• Options
    I'm not sure how a siege works today with modern weapons but that's clearly not the correct way to siege a castle on a hill.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Why just a head, launch whole zomboes inside.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

That won't infect your enemies. I'd use a high-powered wood chipper with the spout aimed just so. Throw a zombie in the wood chipper and gore sails over the walls, coating everything.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

That won't infect your enemies. I'd use a high-powered wood chipper with the spout aimed just so. Throw a zombie in the wood chipper and gore sails over the walls, coating everything.

I was more thinking launch enough whole zomboes, and enough''ll land right and get up and start chomping away

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    stabbed-guy with whom carol i guess has a thing literally only speaks in cliches

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Sooo.... some finale, eh? Not sure I understand
    why Jesus was all in on the conspiracy at the end. Especially after his counseling of Morgan.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    No spoilers, but can I get a yay or nay? I only watched episode one since the mid season return.

• Options
    No spoilers, but can I get a yay or nay? I only watched episode one since the mid season return.

How does "Eh" strike you? Because that's how I would sum up this season, just plain old eh. Not great, not awful. There are better shows out there this season, and there are damn sure worse shows out there this season. It never got bad enough for me to abandon the show but I wasn't super excited about it being TWD Sunday either.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I haven't watched much of the season and decided to watch the finale since I'm cat sitting at a house with cable. It was pretty...meh. Awful dialogue, bad shots that linger too long and confusing plot decisions. I set the dvr to record a little over in case of overrun and got the beginning of Fear, which I found hilarious just fastforwarding through.
    So Morgan kicks trash lady out to be alone and then gets a bunch of of visitors that make him decide to just...up and leave his group and find another? For some reason I figured the crossover was going to be something in his past, not just 'bye guys, gonna just leave and find something else to do'.

Just end the series. Put it out of its misery...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Firmly on the nay side. This show only know how to create drama by whiplashing character motivations. It’s... not great.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    In my head canon
    Eugene didn't intentionally sabotage the bullets, he just doesn't really know what he's doing and is bad at quality control. The first few bullets worked because he wasn't mass producing them, he was putting all his focus on getting each bullet perfect. After the bullets all misfired, he saw where the wind was blowing and pretended that it was sabotage.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I've got 5 episodes on my pvr.

I'll get to it eventually.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, that was a dumb finale, but I still liked it more than pretty much every other episode this season.

They just need to time jump, retire most of the cast to guest starring roles, and start the story at the next phase of rebuilding civilization.

Mildly spoilerish:
    That scene at the end with Team Maggie/Vengeance was fucking so bad - the ominous music, dark lighting, and totally out of character moments...does not bode well

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Man, that was a dumb finale, but I still liked it more than pretty much every other episode this season.

They just need to time jump, retire most of the cast to guest starring roles, and start the story at the next phase of rebuilding civilization.

Mildly spoilerish:
    That scene at the end with Team Maggie/Vengeance was fucking so bad - the ominous music, dark lighting, and totally out of character moments...does not bode well

The comics do timejump after the events of this arc, leading into the Whisper War.

Of course, Carl is ALIVE and plays a big role in how that all kicks off, so who the fuck knows what they're going to do.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I liked it because I dug Negan. He's wasn't just out there twirling his mustache, he thought he was the hero of the story. He worked for me in a way the Governor never did.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    When you go from pages upon pages of speculation (off season no less) into hardly 10 posts for a season finale...

You know it's time to take a show behind the shed.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I noticed Fear has come back last night.

From some of the cryptic tv ads I saw a few weeks ago, I assume I should finish watching TWD before starting the new season of FTWD?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So I'm not going to watch this season, but I'm just curious, what happens to Eugene? It was kind of ambiguous at the end of the last season whether he was all-in with Negan or if he was just biding his time. Which way did he go?

sig.gif
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2018
    Richy wrote: »
    So I'm not going to watch this season, but I'm just curious, what happens to Eugene? It was kind of ambiguous at the end of the last season whether he was all-in with Negan or if he was just biding his time. Which way did he go?
    He was biding his time until he could make enough bullets for the saviors. But they were all sabotaged and backfired when all the saviors fired their guns at the same time.

Sorry, was on mobile.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that should have been in a spoiler block.

I'm not upset by it, but have been spoiled all the same. :)

• Options
    TWD was lame, despite this being a whole season of fighting Negan.

I let a few eps of FTWD build up, and I am finding it oddly compelling.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I'm back to watching Fear after quitting somewhere in Season 2. I like the new characters.

• Options
    The journalist with a poor-mans tank is an interesting addition to the show. I like her and where she is taking the story.

Also, she has great hair for living in a post-zombie apocalypse.

• Options
    So, uhhh, next season sure will be something. Two key people are leaving.
    Rick and Maggie are leaving. Darryl got a raise, so I guess it's on his shoulders

• Options
    The Walking-away-from-the-show Dead

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    So, uhhh, next season sure will be something. Two key people are leaving.
    Rick and Maggie are leaving. Darryl got a raise, so I guess it's on his shoulders
    Anyone who’s read the comics knows how key those two characters are in the future.
    It’s time to kill this show.

• Options
    Should have kept Carl around. He was the natural choice to carry on after Rick. But nooooo!

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Should have kept Carl around. He was the natural choice to carry on after Rick. But nooooo!

Honestly with the way they handled it, this is exactly what they deserve.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    This show's writing was insane and I had to stop watching it.

Step 1: Hew close to the comic mostly, even if the actors and specific way the plot played out suggested intriguing alternate plotlines. Killing Abraham anyway after not killing him where he was meant to die is a good example of this.
    Step 2: Massacre key characters and events to FIRMLY prevent major comic storylines from EVER coming to pass. This was a head scratcher.

AMC is a master of pooching it, they just need to cancel the thing and move on at this point.

• Options
    The loss of Rick could have been a great plot point with Carl around to carry on. Especially with the Darryl, Carrol, and Negan around to mentor him.

• Options
    The loss of Rick could have been a great plot point with Carl around to carry on. Especially with the Darryl, Carrol, and Negan around to mentor him.

Time skip. 15 year old Judith is mentored by the same people.

• Options

Time skip. 15 year old Judith is mentored by the same people.

We don't have a connection with Judith, though. It could be an interesting angle, but they'll have to make us give a damn about her pretty quick. Carl, love him or hate him, was a well known and established character everyone expected to eventually take over.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Casting Spoiler
    Gonna take Rick all six of his remaining episodes to bleed out.

They are dumb for not just paying out Maggie or keeping Carl. Reedus is a fan favorite, but he doesn't have the emotional core to carry this show.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I'm not sure about Maggie being able to carry the whole show, especially the Maggie we are left with at the end of this season. She would make for a good end of season villain though. Not to harp on the Carl BS again, but him talking Maggie down would have made sense. Him having to deal with her killing Rick could have yielded some good television.

Gimple is a simple minded, short term thinking, no vision having goof.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Anyone think HBO or someone will pick up the rights and reboot this? Give me short seasons that stick to the comic and I am happy.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'd say there's about a 0% chance of that. More likely is that somebody picks up the rights for film and/or it gets rebooted in 10 years.