As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Wasted Youth

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Wasted Youth

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Allaun SilverfoxAllaun Silverfox Registered User regular
    I blame Video Games for the rise in spatial skills and interest in math! Minecrafts fault! Minecrafts fault!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I've been contemplating getting that House Flipper game. Pretty sure my laptop could run it, and it looks like a pretty good game to chill out with. Though, I haven't seen too far into the game so I dunno if it gets really crazy down the line or something.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Why is that string of cheese coming from Gabe's penis?

• NarcissistNarcissist Registered User regular
    I really appreciate the addition of the cat. Everything is better with a cat.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    And it's so clean! The Hell Energy, that is.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Wow, what a complete waste of time. I can't believe how little some people value their free time.

And now, excuse me while I go into a randomly generated dungeon and press buttons over and over to get imaginary doodads to sell to non-existent customers. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake as the last few times and stay in the dungeons slightly too long and die, thus rendering my entire previous effort completely null and void.

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I've played games about murdering pedestrians, torture, literal deicide... but I draw the line at real estate, this is just sick! It's time to put on ill-fitting suits and make idiots out of ourselves in court like every other anti-video game person!

Somebody sprung for the DELUXE Vasectomy.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    With the way the world is going, this may be the only way for Generation Z to own a house...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    With the way the world is going, this may be the only way for Generation Z to own a house...

Trust me, its overrated, my parents owned a house when I was a kid, and the mortage costs damn near destroyed us

• AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Trust me, its overrated, my parents owned a house when I was a kid, and the mortage costs damn near destroyed us

My brother and his wife own their own home and the mortgage and tax costs on a 3 bedroom plus a large den are cheaper than a 2 bedroom apartments rent alone.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

He really likes pizza.

Not only that, but if more people lived in apartments, cities can be more condensed cutting down on infrastructure costs, gas usage, and other things.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • KredKred Registered User regular
    Not only that, but if more people lived in apartments, cities can be more condensed cutting down on infrastructure costs, gas usage, and other things.

We could cut down the population some too. Because if I had to live that close to the general public I'd be murdering most of them within a week.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    There is a house flipping game?

...As a construction manager, that feels like going home and doing work.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

Trust me, its overrated, my parents owned a house when I was a kid, and the mortgage costs damn near destroyed us

Mortgage costs are going to be lower than renting costs.

If you get something that costs too much it's not because it's a mortgage. Renting an equivalent property would have cost them even more.

DemonStacey on
  • lawragatajarlawragatajar Registered User regular
    Some of us want the feeling of making money, even if it's just a fantasy.

• TubeTube Registered User admin

Trust me, its overrated, my parents owned a house when I was a kid, and the mortgage costs damn near destroyed us

If you get something that costs too much it's not because it's a mortgage. Renting an equivalent property would have cost them even more.

But if you end up with rental costs that you can't afford, for whatever reason, it is much, much easier to move. I suspect the story here is "Family got mortgage they could afford, the situation changed and they were locked into a mortgage that they could not afford"

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That's pretty much why we bought a place we could afford on just one of our salaries.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Tube wrote: »

But if you end up with rental costs that you can't afford, for whatever reason, it is much, much easier to move. I suspect the story here is "Family got mortgage they could afford, the situation changed and they were locked into a mortgage that they could not afford"
    Or like with my family where the mortgage wasn't an issue on its own, but the house was old and started racking up all sorts of necessary repairs, like, redoing the whole foundation because it was shifting so bad that some windows shattered and the sliding door was unusable.

They eventually had to sell it for just the value of the land and move into an apartment. The house itself got demolished and had a new one built in its place.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    That's pretty much why we bought a place we could afford on just one of our salaries.

Wish that was possible in LA. Even with two working professionals (accountant & librarian) it's rough.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Oh for sure! Just clarifying that it's never just the mortgage itself that's the issue.

Also I gotta say it's weird knowing what you look like from the Twitch streams. Before you were an enigma. For YEARS just a mysterious hedgehog. And now suddenly you're an actual dude.

Yep, that's definitely something that comes up. Of course, there's the flip side: "Family is renting a place they can afford, lease is up and landlord wants to jack up the rent or sell the house or raze it and build new condos, etc. and family can't find affordable housing anywhere near where they used to live/work/go to school." There's tradeoffs in all directions, really.

I also think a lot of people aren't pricing in renters insurance. Not that this is THAT much of an expense, but it is something you should include.

I also think it's likely people are comparing rental places in one place with houses in another place. I find that in a lot of cities, the places where you rent and the places where you buy are often quite different.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Realestate is a satanic ritual that brings the damned to Mars.

• HalorymHalorym Registered User new member
    Not four seconds after reading this comic, I ordered from Papa Johns. There was causation involved, and you should demand money.